Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Yes its Hunter x Hunter

tumblr_oc5fj9QChM1voc2jbo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Damn.

Need to finish it.

I left off around when the boss ant chimera guy came in to the picture and fell off..

Too much story building :lol:

Decided to revisit the franchise and watch it from the very beginning. I used to watch Z all the time on Toonami, but I don't think I ever watched in chronological order. :lol:

Currently on ep18 of Dragon Ball, my gawd Goku was so damn naïve. :rofl:
took a break from dragon ball, got damn Krillin is annoying with his antics

Started binging on DBZ kai from the start of 'future trunks saga'. Watching Gohan vs Cell now, I don't remember Goku being this nonchalant when I was younger.

keep in mind by that math youve got 17 being only 10times stronger than krillin :lol:

at the end of the day with the context of the episode it doesnt make any sense for dende hype up 17s strength the way he did, or even goku for that matter. krillin clearly couldnt keep up with goku head to head so strategy is important and he witnessed that and thats why goku is happy to have him on the team, but what justice is goku doing universe 7 recruiting 17 for clearly a powerhouse position if he doesnt atleast halfway test his power?

View media item 2409281

View media item 2409282

View media item 2409283
also im surprised no one brought this up....
View media item 2409287

View media item 2409288

View media item 2409289
Is this potentially a major hint? sounds like popo is implying that while goku has been off deaking with other dimentional/time related stuff 17 has been protecting earth. Maybe "whats been happening on earth" is directly related to how strong 17 has gotten

I honestly took Popo's last statement as an explanation as to how the Earth could be in danger and Goku and Vegeta not be aware,an out if you will.

Because based on the next episode evil aliens have been showing up.

I honestly took Popo's last statement as an explanation as to how the Earth could be in danger and Goku and Vegeta not be aware,an out if you will.

Because based on the next episode evil aliens have been showing up.
exactly. with whom they may or may not have been enlisting the help of 17 to deal with on the day to day. which explains 1. why they seem so familiar about how strong hes gotten. 2. explains he may have been facing other threats that werent earth based and just human poachers.

Dende goes on to talk about 17s strength and even goes further to say hed it would terrifying if he was still an enemy. He said that knowing that goku/vegeta have reach god level power. thats significant

Last edited:
I wonder if the writers have ripped off GT and created a Super 17. Because him being as strong as he was just by fusing with himself was just as befuddling as what Super is doing.

I wonder if the writers have ripped off GT and created a Super 17. Because him being as strong as he was just by fusing with himself was just as befuddling as what Super is doing.
until we find out hes been battling outerspace beings far stronger than humans for the past 12 years lol at the end of the day theres zero info on how the androids benefit from training besides the obvious

Last edited:
First I do agree Frieza getting that strong was ridiculous, but Frieza has way more latent potential than the androids. They were average teenage humans modified to be a certain power level and not burn out of energy. Frieza was flat out born a fighting prodigy.

17 being able to rival SSB Goku ( I don't care if he's suppressing his ki or not) is laughable. S*** they should have just hit up 17 to easily defeat buu back in the day.
roll.gif

but Frieza has way more latent potential than the androids. They were average teenage humans modified to be a certain power level and not burn out of energy. Frieza was flat out born a fighting prodigy.
See this line of thinking is a problem a lot of the assumptions you made arent based on  ANY source material.
 They were average teenage humans  modified to be a certain power level and not burn out of energy.
This is already proven false by akira toriyama himself in an interview. They were simply modified to be come stronger than they were. there was never a cap placed on how strong they could become.

Q4: Do modified-human types like Artificial Humans No. 17 and No. 18 get stronger if they train?

Since they’re human-based, of course they can become even stronger if they train.

In the case of modified-human types like No. 17 and No. 18, since they’re human-based they can become stronger if they train. By the way, though they don’t need to eat, they do need to hydrate. Also, their cells deteriorate slowly, so they age slowly too.
you talk about frieza being a prodigy and everything but ignore the fact that as much of a prodigy as freiza was, 17 and 18 were both stronger than him in his final 100% full power from from the jump. So whats his prodigy status have to do with any limitations the androids may or may not have? what makes 17 less of a prodigy when in a similar "untrained" state (like freiza hadnt trained in Z) he was already able to take on beings that could make light work of freiza on namek. where is it ever said that the androids have no latent potential?

17's growth becomes a hell of alot LESS problematic when people stop making up these limitations that were never there to begin with

Last edited:
LOL

Man I remember when Frieza came back in DBS, son said some **** like he naturally that strong in DBZ and had no reason to train until now 
roll.gif

Until they make my dude Broly actually becomes official in the DBZ universe, I have no interest in any person that goes up against Goku, Vegeta or Trunks.

First I do agree Frieza getting that strong was ridiculous, but Frieza has way more latent potential than the androids. They were average teenage humans modified to be a certain power level and not burn out of energy. Frieza was flat out born a fighting prodigy.

17 being able to rival SSB Goku ( I don't care if he's suppressing his ki or not) is laughable. S*** they should have just hit up 17 to easily defeat buu back in the day.
roll.gif
Like @jdfrenchbread23  said, what is this based off of? How do we know Frieza has more potential? Even if Frieza had twice the potential as the andriods.....17 still had 12 years to get to where he is! compared to 4 months!

Like @jdfrenchbread23  said, what is this based off of? How do we know Frieza has more potential? Even if Frieza had twice the potential as the andriods.....17 still had 12 years to get to where he is! compared to 4 months!
Exactly

im not saying we're going to get all the answers or even if we're going to like all the answers we get. Im just saying forming all the opinions yet are pointless because we havent even been given something to dispute. What I do know though that theoretically theres absolutely NOTHING in the manga, anime, source books or anything that says the androids don't have the ability or potential to be as strong as 17 is shown to be. Nothing says he supposed to only be this strong or that he only has this amount of energy. Any caps or limits placed on the androids are all made up. And thats not to say they dont have any but theybe definitely never revealed in any official manner. Saying that freiza can do it and 17 cant is complete BS and isnt based on anything but opinion. We talk about freiza being a prodigy but 17 has literally out performed him in every single appearance hes made in Z. And his first appearance in super hes already fighting at a level golden frieza was, as in trading blows with SSB goku. So the fact that people use Frieza as this made up ceiling is stupid. 

Yeah I don't see the big problem with 17 being this strong :lol:

who cares, at least we have a new DB Series

DB logic has always been befuddling lol

exactly they essentially have the genetic make-up of humans. One of the downfalls of the human race in DBZ logic is their ceilings are low, they don't increase in power exponentially like other creatures in the universe. ie: sayians.

Frieza at 100% not being stronger than android 17 and 18 is irrelevant my guy. The point was that Frieza is a prodigy. Whatever his race is, they have a greater potential than pure bred human beings.

Piccolo was either = or slightly above 17 in the cell saga. Piccolo trains everyday. Why in gods name is the gap so got damn big between him and 17 now?
roll.gif
 cmon man it makes no sense. The guy been fighting cats that Mr. Satan could wash smh.

I'm not advocating that Frieza should have gotten to where he did in four months. I also think that was laughable. My point is that Frieza was at least stated to be a prodigy. Him, naturally, at 100% on namek was without a day of training. 17 and 18 had to get modified to increase their strength to a crazy level. So they were strong, but still had the genetic make-up of humans, and from watching DBZ evidence suggests that humans have a MUCH lower ceiling and progress at a much slower rate than the sayians and other higher level beings.

Decided to revisit the franchise and watch it from the very beginning. I used to watch Z all the time on Toonami, but I don't think I ever watched in chronological order. :lol:

Currently on ep18 of Dragon Ball, my gawd Goku was so damn naïve. :rofl:
took a break from dragon ball, got damn Krillin is annoying with his antics

Started binging on DBZ kai from the start of 'future trunks saga'. Watching Gohan vs Cell now, I don't remember Goku being this nonchalant when I was younger.

where you guys watching the eps?? I wanna start from the very beginning. og dragon ball was a dope part of my childhood. watched it ever day...when i acted right and my dad let me watch tv hahaha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom