Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Gohan turned ssj for the first time out of any immediate danger training with goku. Anime just shows him flashing back to some scenes in DBZ but it definitely wasn't out of the anger he was known for.

Bruh you're DB Super apologist schtick is getting old. Gohan had flashbacks of his friends dying. He was frustrated with the fact he couldn't transform and knowing that pushed him over the edge because if he didn't everyone would die.

"Use the pain of loss" now if you gonna use some mental gymnastics to say that didn't make him angry, then I don't know what else to say to you.

Bruh you're DB Super apologist schtick is getting old. Gohan had flashbacks of his friends dying. He was frustrated with the fact he couldn't transform and knowing that pushed him over the edge because if he didn't everyone would die.

"Use the pain of loss" now if you gonna use some mental gymnastics to say that didn't make him angry, then I don't know what else to say to you.

It's not that deep fam. Week after week you nit pick a show that has lazy writing at the very least. You're jumping leaps and bounds out of your way just to get upset, when you can just take it for what it is and enjoy the show. Or stop watching it cause it's to gonna get better.

You're upset that cats that rival the strength of ssj3 gotenks (via copy vegeta) went to the first level of SSJ

Last edited:
Well I'm glad you can admit that. Fans have a right to critique shows when they feel they're straying from key tenets. Why would I stop watching? I enjoy the show. But that doesn't mean I can't critique the ridiculous **** they've done.

No I'm upset at how she attained it. If Cabba had successfully pissed her off as Vegeta did to him, I'd say it was solid episode. But "tingly feeling in your back" you can't tell me when you heard that it ain hit a nerve.

To be honest

Khalifa was already a angry character

I think they're trying to give her the "genius fighter" role 

Cabba said "Caulifla, You really are a genius"

And When Cabba went to go recruit his old general the general said she was stronger than him

And let's be real

Caulifla got the best theme music so far.

BAE!

Any Bae slander will be flagged

Well I'm glad you can admit that. Fans have a right to critique shows when they feel they're straying from key tenets. Why would I stop watching? I enjoy the show. But that doesn't mean I can't critique the ridiculous **** they've done.

No I'm upset at how she attained it. If Cabba had successfully pissed her off as Vegeta did to him, I'd say it was solid episode. But "tingly feeling in your back" you can't tell me when you heard that it ain hit a nerve.

I get that it's just that after goten and trunks got it out of minor frustration the bar for ssj was already low. Take into account the girl was already possibly stronger than cabba, seeing her transform after being mildly pissed at cabba doesn't Register as strange to me

To be honest
Khalifa was already a angry character

I think they're trying to give her the "genius fighter" role 
Cabba said "Caulifla, You really are a genius"

And When Cabba went to go recruit his old general the general said she was stronger than him

And let's be real
Caulifla got the best theme music so far.

BAE!
Any Bae slander will be flagged

Yo her theme song was fire!

Goku and his seeds are the reason Super Saiyan has been dumbed down. They made it look easy and perfected to the point where the actual sensation and how to achieve it can be broken into steps. Universe 6 Saiyans got put on to something Univers 7 Saiyans thought was a legend. I mess with it.

What we really should be complaining about is why Gohan got his pops out here begging for money :smh:

Last edited:
I think super becomes far more palatable if people stop treating every episode of super as its own little bubble. I get the whole rage transformation thing, but like I said before the bar for SSJ for the likes of goten and trunks was so low. You look at the saiyans from univer 6 that made it to ssj3 levels (buu saga levels)of strength without even having to transform, the fact that it took almost nothing besides some instruction to transform isn't all that surprising to me and doesn't take much reaching to arrive at an acceptable reason behind it. Super's got plenty of bigger issues actually worth complaining about in my opinion.

why would goku recruit frieza :smh:
i would think he would go for cell
since he's stronger
or the demon king
I'm getting tired of seeing frieza
cell would be perfect for the tournament of power

since he's stronger
or the demon king

Cell hasn't been stronger than Frieza since Resurrection of F/the accompanying arc in Super.

I would've rathered they brought him back and gave him his own nonsensical reason for being able to hang with Super Saiyan Gods and **** too though just to get to see a different face.

Last edited:
since he's stronger
or the demon king

Cell hasn't been stronger than Frieza since Resurrection of F/the accompanying arc in Super.

I would've rathered they brought him back and gave him his own nonsensical reason for being able to hang with Super Saiyan Gods and **** too though just to get to see a different face.
cell should be stronger though
since he has that saiyan dna in him
everytime he cheats death or fights or whatever he becomes stronger
and frieza gets washed overtime he reappears
don't see why they keep bringing him back
also where uub????

Last edited:
I think super becomes far more palatable if people stop treating every episode of super as its own little bubble. I get the whole rage transformation thing, but like I said before the bar for SSJ for the likes of goten and trunks was so low. You look at the saiyans from univer 6 that made it to ssj3 levels (buu saga levels)of strength without even having to transform, the fact that it took almost nothing besides some instruction to transform isn't all that surprising to me and doesn't take much reaching to arrive at an acceptable reason behind it. Super's got plenty of bigger issues actually worth complaining about in my opinion.
How was the bar set low for Goten and Trunks? Those kids are strong. It's not like they turned SS and we're getting kicked around by everyone. They were strong enough to take on Buu (albeit fused). There's a reason they were able to obtain it at a young age.

How was the bar set low for Goten and Trunks? Those kids are strong. It's not like they turned SS and we're getting kicked around by everyone. They were strong enough to take on Buu (albeit fused). There's a reason they were able to obtain it at a young age.

I rememember reading Toriyama explaining that Goten and kid trunks strength had a correlation to how strong Goku and Vegeta were when they conceived with Chi-chi and Bulma respectively. Trunks and Goten just came out the womb with way higher power levels than Goku or even Gohan did.

cell should be stronger though
since he has that saiyan dna in him
everytime he cheats death or fights or whatever he becomes stronger
and frieza gets washed overtime he reappears
don't see why they keep bringing him back
also where uub????
no part of the story indicates that he's stronger than frieza

return of F showed that frieza was stronger than early stage Blue

Last edited:
Def see 17 and 18 in a tag match. They'll for sure fight those androids from universe 3 that were made not to lose.

I'm so down for seeing Piccolo or Roshi in any fight though. Bound to be fire.

Last edited:
As far as most anticipated matches for me

1. Anything Gohan related

2. 17 & 18 tag team (That's D-Generation x, Hardy Boyz, 3D) Hype

3. Universe 6 Sayians

4. Freiza and Frost.

5. [Spot is saved for when all characters are introduced]

Could careless about Vegeta and Goku we know they wreck when they come in.

The Pride Troopers are already hyped up to go against Vegeta and Goku.

More interested in the other fighters because at the end of the Day it's going to be U7's top vs Jiren

It's all relative. Gotenks is far stronger than anything goten or trunks could ever, he's way more than the sum of his parts via the fusion dance. And yet cabba and the girl Saiyan by extension are stronger than that.

It's all relative. Gotenks is far stronger than anything goten or trunks could ever, he's way more than the sum of his parts via the fusion dance. And yet cabba and the girl Saiyan by extension are stronger than that.
That didn't answer the question I asked you. How was the bar set low for Goten and Trunks?

That didn't answer the question I asked you. How was the bar set low for Goten and Trunks?

The bar was set low interms of requirements to become a super Saiyan. Rico was talking about the rage needed to transform, goten and trunks didn't go through anything to become a supersaiyan, aka low bar. So in the context of the convo I had with Rico if the bar is set that low the likes of cabba and that girl shouldn't have that much trouble.

Last edited:

The bar was set low interms of requirements to become a super Saiyan. Rico was talking about the rage needed to transform, goten and trunks didn't go through anything to become a supersaiyan, aka low bar. So in the context of the convo I had with Rico if the bar is set that low the likes of cabba and that girl shouldn't have that much trouble.
You have resources saying they didn't go through anything?

They both grew up and became supersaiyans in a time of peace between the cell saga and buu saga; whatever triggered their transformation was bar lowering compared to goku, vegeta, and even gohan by default. Hence the super Saiyan bargain sale line by vegeta

Last edited:

They both grew up and became supersaiyans in a time of peace between the cell saga and buu saga; whatever triggered their transformation was bar lowering compared to goku, vegeta, and even gohan by default. Hence the super Saiyan bargain sale line by vegeta
But there's nothing to support that argument. Vegeta turned SS in a time of peace (the androids weren't showing up for a couple years). He got it during one of his training sessions. You might as well say he cheapened it.

Back
Top Bottom