Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

How? It’s not coherent.
Time Patrol are fighting Janemba (an unexplained time jump).

Super Goku/Vegeta end up in hell w Trunks. We have no idea what happened with Turls, Bojack or how they got there.

They ALL start fighting Janemba who is winning. Against...Limit Breaker SSJ4 (possibly) and Post TOP SSB.

Trunks randomly goes SSJ3. Just cause we need a card and DLC.

Then random video game villains show up and freeze Janemba who was handling two Gokus.

It’s like how we had Zamasu and the Hearts randomly dispatched him. Or insane power scaling. Jiren should beat everyone. Somehow he’s not.

it’s all non sensical. I get that it’s a promo.

How? It’s not coherent.
Time Patrol are fighting Janemba (an unexplained time jump).

Super Goku/Vegeta end up in hell w Trunks. We have no idea what happened with Turls, Bojack or how they got there.

They ALL start fighting Janemba who is winning. Against...Limit Breaker SSJ4 (possibly) and Post TOP SSB.

Trunks randomly goes SSJ3. Just cause we need a card and DLC.

Then random video game villains show up and freeze Janemba who was handling two Gokus.

It’s like how we had Zamasu and the Hearts randomly dispatched him. Or insane power scaling. Jiren should beat everyone. Somehow he’s not.

it’s all non sensical. I get that it’s a promo.
Yeah you def taking it all too seriously to be dissecting it like that man :lol:

Time Patrollers can jump to pretty much any dimension or point in time on a whim because that's their job and that's been established for awhile now so it doesn't really warrant explanations as to how they end up where they do

Turles & Bojack went to go find Fu after he peaced out

Xeno Goku & Vegeta weren't using the Limit Breaker forms yet and this is a brand new revived Janemba so it makes sense he'd be stronger this time around and work them at first. Thats literally any recycled Dragon Ball villain

SSJ3 Trunks been a thing for years now and yeah the form is there to sell merch but its still cool af to see at least to me

Dragon Ball Super is RIDDLED with plot holes, retcons and nonsensical power scaling for cheap cop outs throughout that whole show too. Difference is that that show did almost nothing original in terms of its concepts or plot lines

At least Heroes is consistently giving us original characters that actually get screen time

Not saying Heroes is perfect by any means but I enjoy it for what it is way more than I did Super at any point

Last edited:
C’mon. DBZ ended. DBS is clearly trying to capitalize on DB and DBZ. Fans win. Is it guided by the inspiration and passion of Toriyama? Maybe not.

But that incoherent mess is not it. I do appreciate the fan service and at the least new Dragon Ball.

I’m not clowning y’all for liking Super more or anything I’m just putting my opinion out there :lol:

Super had hype moments that were far and few in between for me and the writing/plot points were mostly garbage and non-consequential which made everything fall that much more flat

But if you’re into that that’s cool too :lol:

Dragon Ball Super ain’t DBZ. We all know that. However, when it comes to satisfying my thirst, it gets the job done well better than Heroes. Heroes is like a kid behind the wheel of a Hellcat with no breaks lol.

I’m not clowning y’all for liking Super more or anything I’m just putting my opinion out there :lol:

Super had hype moments that were far and few in between for me and the writing/plot points were mostly garbage and non-consequential which made everything fall that much more flat

But if you’re into that that’s cool too :lol:
And again, you can criticize Super as much as you want but not while defending Heroes or trying to praise that.

As if Heroes has writing/plot points that aren't garbage or as if ANYTHING is consequential :lol:

Another thing is the kind of overrating of Z. I watch Super and yes it's not as good as Z but at the same time in comparison it's not showing some brilliance Z had that Super lacks and its not like Super is anywhere as bad as GT.

We talking about an anime Toriyama wanted to end several times. We really gonna pretend the Buu saga was some classic? Cell saga relied on a DB call back and time travel. C'mon now.

Also I'm not gonna just say Toriyama isn't responsible for the stories of Super. He wanted to introduce gods, push the power levels to ridiculous limits that now seem like they can't reasonably have much further to go, every fight can destroy the universe cuz of that, there's an all powerful child that can kill and resurrect at a whim, angels can turn back time for do-overs, and of course the original deus ex machina remains as a game changer with a super version of itself.

Its not like Dragonball ever really touched on major shonen themes like friendship, family, etc. (at best there's hard work) and there's no deep dives in to the villains and their motivations.

It's just this **** looks cool, these fights are dope, training, humor sprinkled throughout, oh I didn't expect _____ to get his *** whooped like that, new power level reached, give the enemy a chance to live, beat them, etc. Rinse and repeat.

There was no real ending even with that ending Toriyama wrote. Which is most likely why they brought things back (why they did GT) and are doing Super and he's throwing w/e leftover ideas he had and new not completely finished ones in the manga.

Last edited:
IMG4961266663126909179.gif

:lol: yall be too invested
its a cartoon
i just wanna watch something for 30 min
and idc
i enjoyed super cause folks aint powerups for like 3 episodes
if anything thats 1 thing super has over z

Again you reading way too much into Heroes :lol:

Its made to sell cards and toys which is does to a crazy degree and I’m here for all of the nonsense

If you prefer the anime that wastes 27 episodes rehashing movies and making them worse on top of wanting you to believe Krillin gets into a legit beam struggle with SSB Goku instead of two Gokus and two Vegetas fighting a new Janemba that’s cool but that ain’t me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again you reading way too much into Heroes :lol:

Its made to sell cards and toys which is does to a crazy degree and I’m here for all of the nonsense
This is trash though and not better than Super.

You keep saying ppl are thinking about it too much or reading too much in to it but nah it's as simple as you laid it out.

There's a bunch of DBZ fanfic if Heroes is more your lane

If you prefer the anime that wastes 27 episodes rehashing movies and making them worse on top of wanting you to believe Krillin gets into a legit beam struggle with SSB Goku instead of two Gokus and two Vegetas fighting a new Janemba that’s cool but that ain’t me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe you should stop reading so much in to Super and be there for all of the nonsense? :lol:

This is trash though and not better than Super.

You keep saying ppl are thinking about it too much or reading too much in to it but nah it's as simple as you laid it out.

There's a bunch of DBZ fanfic if Heroes is more your lane

Maybe you should stop reading so much in to Super and be there for all of the nonsense? :lol:

Bruh you legit crucifying me for not agreeing with you :rofl:

How many times I done said if you like Super more that’s cool? :lol:

Why you’re holding Heroes to the same standards as a legitimate anime with a legitimate schedule and runtime I have no idea but I’m enjoying it for what it is

If you don’t agree with me that’s cool I’m not tryna convince you just let it go :rofl:

Bruh you legit crucifying me for not agreeing with you :rofl:
I'm just saying its a ridiculous comparison and shouldnt be taken seriously.

You're the one that brought up Heroes as if the two could be compared and you keep doing it every time you try to criticize one and praise the other's nonsense.

I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom