Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

So today's finale of the "Future Trunks/Black Zamasu escapades,"................you know what I'm not even gonna bother posting spoilers.

Once you all see the episode, I'm pretty sure we'll all have a unanimous consensus on the "quality" of this finale to wrap up the current arc (Hint:
mean.gif
)

I was actually hyped when I saw who was obviously going to finally off Zamasu in last week's preview. But the way they did it / this entire episode :smh:

Latest episode

All king really hit the kill switch on the entire future lol. Now they got 2 all kings in the present timeline, not sure how thats supposed to work.

Now the future will have 2 Trunks? Dude was already OP now there's gonna be two of him. He should never come back in the story.

they should do 5-6 episodes or a DBS movie about the new timeline where Trunks and Mai now is going to, i wanna see that ish

This scene was Beautiful, I need this in a gif

I had got my hopes up when I saw Gohan with Piccolo and Gohan had the Buu Saga short cut (Thought he was training)

But then I realized he been wearing that cut throughout super.

Last edited:
shouldve just kept future trunks in the present timeline

i almost shed a tear when gohan popped up tbh real tear jerker :frown:

Last edited:
Latest episode

All king really hit the kill switch on the entire future lol. Now they got 2 all kings in the present timeline, not sure how thats supposed to work.

Now the future will have 2 Trunks? Dude was already OP now there's gonna be two of him. He should never come back in the story.

Whis is taking them back to a point where Bulma is still alive and trunks isn't as strong yet.

I would say trunks and mai should fuse with their counterparts but they renigged on the permanent fusion.

Not going to lie, that part with Gohan was dope because of trunks' emotion. He couldn't protect his world and you can tell it hurt him to his core not being able to protect everyone.

Trunks has the best story in DB. Dude deserves his own damn show. It's like they put more effort into his characters development. From his movie and 2 sagas he really has had the best written plots.

I'm not a huge fan of how this saga ended with Zamasu, but the overall story was better than the rest of super

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of how this saga ended with Zamasu, but the overall story was better than the rest of super

How I feel as well, but it's not really saying much considering how much of the series got taken up by weak movie retellings and a kind of fumbled tournament arc :lol:

Next episode looks lame from the preview, but I'm guessing it's just a quick filler before they get into the next real arc.

Last edited:
The ending of that episode was the cheesiest **** I've ever seen dbz pull. Jesus.

And still not a single person gets in trouble for time travel?

Gohan was breathing heavy when he showed up with Piccolo. Maybe he was training or probably exhausted from flying lol

Latest episode

Whis is taking them back to a point where Bulma is still alive and trunks isn't as strong yet.

I would say trunks and mai should fuse with their counterparts but they renigged on the permanent fusion.

Not going to lie, that part with Gohan was dope because of trunks' emotion. He couldn't protect his world and you can tell it hurt him to his core not being able to protect everyone.

Trunks has the best story in DB. Dude deserves his own damn show. It's like they put more effort into his characters development. From his movie and 2 sagas he really has had the best written plots.

Yeah but he'll be able to train with himself now. I'd expect both version to be on par with SSB

Isn't Whis father stated the 3rd strongest in the universe. Pretty sure it was said early on when Goku first met Zeno

I'm not sure if it matters as far wording goes but I believe the phrase used was whis' father is one of the "strongest fighters" in the 10 universes. Which I think has special context because whis and beerus know how much Goku likes fighting strong people. Zeno was never described in that way. Zeno is definitely the most powerful being but I don't know if that means fighting ability or not. So he may not even be factored into that. Also, even knowing that he's the most powerful being in existent, The writers haven't had Goku express any interest in fighting Zeno at all, which I think also lends to my point.

As for this arc, I give it a 7.5/10. When it comes to anime and DBZ I'm not a very hard person to please. Give me some fights, some decent dialogue, some climactic sh*t and I'm happy. Up until the last 2-3 episodes in the arc I was satisfied with everything. We got a lot of good fight scenes, a little more filler than I'd like but it wasn't too bad. I hate how the pacing was pretty slow and then once it's time for vegito they rush through the entire end. To me it felt like toei thought they had more time and suddenly plans changed and they rushed what should have been the most epic part of the arc.

I've got no issue with trunks, his new form, and how strong he got. I hope that transformation is explained. Although the spirit bomb sword thing was cheap and rushed.

Zamasu going from immortal to not immortal when he fused was dumb.

All in all, I was okay with 75% of the arc. The ending was what ruined it for me.

Back
Top Bottom