Official E-Reader Thread vol. Kindle, Skiff, Plastic Logic

I thought you could just rent books for free on here, but I guess unless they're public domain you can't? I don't see how it's cost efficient then, especially since I use the library over half the time anyway.

I thought you could just rent books for free on here, but I guess unless they're public domain you can't? I don't see how it's cost efficient then, especially since I use the library over half the time anyway.

my kindle is my favorite gadget i own, out of my pcs, phones, video game systems.. everything.

love that thing to death.

my kindle is my favorite gadget i own, out of my pcs, phones, video game systems.. everything.

i bought my girl a kindle for her birthday back in april. she loves it and uses it everywhere.

i bought my girl a kindle for her birthday back in april. she loves it and uses it everywhere.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

free e-books/ .pdf converters
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

awesome. wanna tell me why i should buy one? im like literally on the fence. ive got it in my amazon cart already but i feel like i need an extra reason to spend the 200ish

Originally Posted by CWrite78

awesome. wanna tell me why i should buy one? im like literally on the fence. ive got it in my amazon cart already but i feel like i need an extra reason to spend the 200ish

for me? the ease of buying books. i didn't start reading as much as i did once i got my kindle. my closest B&N/Borders is 30 minutes away. spent 20 dollars of gas, 30 minutes of time for 1 book wasn't worth it.

and, i have no space for physical books. i can store around 2-3k (i think) on my kindle.. dont have space for physical books in my house
laugh.gif

also, might be stupid excuse but.. sometimes when i looked at how big the book was when i started discouraged me from starting/continuing to read it. but with the kindle, doesn't happen. although it does tell you how long the book is. might be dumb.. but that's one of the minor things i like about it. also, no need for book marks. i can turn it off, go to the home page or start another book and i can go back to the last page read from w/e book i had already started.. and cross platform. syncs with android, blackberry, iphone, mac and pc. so u can finish/start/continue where ever you please.

my cousin has a nook i bought her for her graduation (she loves to read) but i haven't had time to play with it because she doesn't put it down long enough for me to get it lol. but im guessing it's similar to the kindle. although i think amazon has a better and cheaper selection on books.

go for it man, you'll start to notice you're reading a lot more and you will not regret it.

for me? the ease of buying books. i didn't start reading as much as i did once i got my kindle. my closest B&N/Borders is 30 minutes away. spent 20 dollars of gas, 30 minutes of time for 1 book wasn't worth it.

and, i have no space for physical books. i can store around 2-3k (i think) on my kindle.. dont have space for physical books in my house
laugh.gif

also, might be stupid excuse but.. sometimes when i looked at how big the book was when i started discouraged me from starting/continuing to read it. but with the kindle, doesn't happen. although it does tell you how long the book is. might be dumb.. but that's one of the minor things i like about it. also, no need for book marks. i can turn it off, go to the home page or start another book and i can go back to the last page read from w/e book i had already started.. and cross platform. syncs with android, blackberry, iphone, mac and pc. so u can finish/start/continue where ever you please.

my cousin has a nook i bought her for her graduation (she loves to read) but i haven't had time to play with it because she doesn't put it down long enough for me to get it lol. but im guessing it's similar to the kindle. although i think amazon has a better and cheaper selection on books.

go for it man, you'll start to notice you're reading a lot more and you will not regret it.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

THis man knows whats up!!!!
I NEVER BOUGHT A E-BOOK.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

THis man knows whats up!!!!
I NEVER BOUGHT A E-BOOK.
pimp.gif

btw, Theta, if you dont want to wait for it and are wiling to pay tax.. Target has them for sale also, at the 189.99 price Amazon offers. But if you don't mind waiting, Amazon is the way to go.

btw, Theta, if you dont want to wait for it and are wiling to pay tax.. Target has them for sale also, at the 189.99 price Amazon offers. But if you don't mind waiting, Amazon is the way to go.

You dont have to actually buy the book from the amazon store do you? Like if i downloaded a e-book from somewhere else, ill be able to upload it with no problems onto the Kindle? Also one of the books i plan to read isnt really a e-book, its just a real book that had its pages scanned. It is pretty bad quality but its definitely easily readable on my computer, will it be an issue on The Kindle(screen size making the bad quality font impossible to read, etc)?

You dont have to actually buy the book from the amazon store do you? Like if i downloaded a e-book from somewhere else, ill be able to upload it with no problems onto the Kindle? Also one of the books i plan to read isnt really a e-book, its just a real book that had its pages scanned. It is pretty bad quality but its definitely easily readable on my computer, will it be an issue on The Kindle(screen size making the bad quality font impossible to read, etc)?

what would be awesome is if i could somehow get access to the ebook version of the books that i already own. i mean i have a couple hundred and theres no point in having both the kindle version and the text version. ideally, i could just download the ebook and get rid of the paperback

what would be awesome is if i could somehow get access to the ebook version of the books that i already own. i mean i have a couple hundred and theres no point in having both the kindle version and the text version. ideally, i could just download the ebook and get rid of the paperback

I love my Nook. Wish I had this during my undergrad as an English major, but I'm definitely getting all of the enjoyment I can out of it.

I love my Nook. Wish I had this during my undergrad as an English major, but I'm definitely getting all of the enjoyment I can out of it.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

as long as a book is in .azw format, it can be read by the kindle. There's conversion software out there.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

as long as a book is in .azw format, it can be read by the kindle. There's conversion software out there.

Back
Top Bottom