Official E-Reader Thread vol. Kindle, Skiff, Plastic Logic

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

The kindle sounds like a dream to me but Literature is probably the ONLY thing I would never use on a electronic device. Having thousands of books at your fingertips is a advantage but holding an actual book > by miles.

I use to think the same way, and trust me I have over 300 books. The Color Nook is a luxury, bright screen, adjustable fonts which make it such easier to read.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

The kindle sounds like a dream to me but Literature is probably the ONLY thing I would never use on a electronic device. Having thousands of books at your fingertips is a advantage but holding an actual book > by miles.

I use to think the same way, and trust me I have over 300 books. The Color Nook is a luxury, bright screen, adjustable fonts which make it such easier to read.

Late pass. Just got a kindle 3
With caliber + new gmail account, this thing is so easy to use

Anyone got any site recommendations for books? So far I'm just using my standard sites for movies and music
nerd.gif

Late pass. Just got a kindle 3
With caliber + new gmail account, this thing is so easy to use

Anyone got any site recommendations for books? So far I'm just using my standard sites for movies and music
nerd.gif

Getting a kindle in a month or two and been stocking up on ebooks.

I've been downloading .mobi files which I know will work for the Kindle, but anyone use theirs to read comic books and graphic novels? if so is it a pain and can the .cbz files be converted?

Getting a kindle in a month or two and been stocking up on ebooks.

I've been downloading .mobi files which I know will work for the Kindle, but anyone use theirs to read comic books and graphic novels? if so is it a pain and can the .cbz files be converted?

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

My mom just got me the Kindle as an early birthday gift. Pretty cool so far. Can someone give me a basic tutorial on where to find e-books online (I don't wanna download any viruses or anything.), and if a book isn't offered in Amazon's Kindle Store could I still get an e-book version of it? I've been wanting to read Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon and I don't want to buy a hardcover copy now.

Also, what's a good pdf converter? Some of the font sizes are too small and when I zoom in I have to scroll back and forth through the lines and that's tedious.
Same questions

I love the kindle. So nice not having to hold onto a 800 page book.
I'd like to know where I can get e-books online too, I don't want to buy all of these but I need a legit site.
My favorite christmas gift 

EDIT- For what Yura asked...the kindle does percents on the bottom of the screen which I don't like. Can you get page numbers on the kindle anyone?

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

My mom just got me the Kindle as an early birthday gift. Pretty cool so far. Can someone give me a basic tutorial on where to find e-books online (I don't wanna download any viruses or anything.), and if a book isn't offered in Amazon's Kindle Store could I still get an e-book version of it? I've been wanting to read Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon and I don't want to buy a hardcover copy now.

Also, what's a good pdf converter? Some of the font sizes are too small and when I zoom in I have to scroll back and forth through the lines and that's tedious.
Same questions

I love the kindle. So nice not having to hold onto a 800 page book.
I'd like to know where I can get e-books online too, I don't want to buy all of these but I need a legit site.
My favorite christmas gift 

EDIT- For what Yura asked...the kindle does percents on the bottom of the screen which I don't like. Can you get page numbers on the kindle anyone?

I have a lit class where it's a different book each week (only assigns specific pages). Will the pages on the e-book be the same as the actual paperback?

I have a lit class where it's a different book each week (only assigns specific pages). Will the pages on the e-book be the same as the actual paperback?

finally got my kindle. so dope to read on it. First thing i did was kind a hookup on that Jigga book for free 99 and read it. Good stuff
pimp.gif
so happy i got this...

finally got my kindle. so dope to read on it. First thing i did was kind a hookup on that Jigga book for free 99 and read it. Good stuff
pimp.gif
so happy i got this...

Thinking about getting the nook, due to it's mulit-functionality and backlit screen, what Sony devices are good?

Thinking about getting the nook, due to it's mulit-functionality and backlit screen, what Sony devices are good?

The Sony PRS models are all nice, it just depends on the size.

Sony devices handle .pdf's a lot better than other readers. There's a new sony e-reader dropping next month.

The Sony PRS models are all nice, it just depends on the size.

Sony devices handle .pdf's a lot better than other readers. There's a new sony e-reader dropping next month.

I joined team kindle.
I bought the kindle fire around November.
Pretty cool. I still like physical books, but its cool to buy books that are cheap in the amazon store

I joined team kindle.
Pretty cool. I still like physical books, but its cool to buy books that are cheap in the amazon store

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I joined team kindle.

how good is the web browser on the kindle fire?
I thinking about getting a kindle for next semester and it would be great if I could get one with a good web browser 

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I joined team kindle.

how good is the web browser on the kindle fire?
I thinking about getting a kindle for next semester and it would be great if I could get one with a good web browser 

Back
Top Bottom