Official E-Reader Thread vol. Kindle, Skiff, Plastic Logic

looking to get one for the wifey... not sure which one... anyone use the ipad for a ereader?

looking to get one for the wifey... not sure which one... anyone use the ipad for a ereader?

My mom just got me the Kindle as an early birthday gift. Pretty cool so far. Can someone give me a basic tutorial on where to find e-books online (I don't wanna download any viruses or anything.), and if a book isn't offered in Amazon's Kindle Store could I still get an e-book version of it? I've been wanting to read Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon and I don't want to buy a hardcover copy now.

Also, what's a good pdf converter? Some of the font sizes are too small and when I zoom in I have to scroll back and forth through the lines and that's tedious.

My mom just got me the Kindle as an early birthday gift. Pretty cool so far. Can someone give me a basic tutorial on where to find e-books online (I don't wanna download any viruses or anything.), and if a book isn't offered in Amazon's Kindle Store could I still get an e-book version of it? I've been wanting to read Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon and I don't want to buy a hardcover copy now.

Also, what's a good pdf converter? Some of the font sizes are too small and when I zoom in I have to scroll back and forth through the lines and that's tedious.

Bump.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Kindle. I want to know what the battery life is like after a few months of use and how the ease of Wi-Fi use is.

Bump.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Kindle. I want to know what the battery life is like after a few months of use and how the ease of Wi-Fi use is.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Same questions

Same questions

Call me old fashion, but I just love the way a book feels in your hand. I might get one in the future, though, once they start doing some really wild stuff with them.
word...I like the sound of the pages turning and even the texture of the paper itself...Im weird
smokin.gif

Call me old fashion, but I just love the way a book feels in your hand. I might get one in the future, though, once they start doing some really wild stuff with them.
word...I like the sound of the pages turning and even the texture of the paper itself...Im weird
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Bump.

The use of Wi-Fi is very easy Mo..to get the most outta the Kindle though they say to turn off the Wi-Fi when you are not using it..
I got the Kindle for Christmas and I love it
pimp.gif

Already downloaded 3 sample books..and i've read more than I have in the last year or so besides magazines and articles in the newspaper..

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Bump.

The use of Wi-Fi is very easy Mo..to get the most outta the Kindle though they say to turn off the Wi-Fi when you are not using it..
I got the Kindle for Christmas and I love it
pimp.gif

Already downloaded 3 sample books..and i've read more than I have in the last year or so besides magazines and articles in the newspaper..

the battery life (without 3g) is something like 10 days.

well, for my Kindle 2 it is, i don't know about the newer ones.

the battery life (without 3g) is something like 10 days.

well, for my Kindle 2 it is, i don't know about the newer ones.

Nook Color- I really like it so far.
But today I had the pleasure of finding out that the B&N e-reader for Macs-which lets your read your library on the computer does not work for some books.
30t6p3b.gif

Nook Color- I really like it so far.
But today I had the pleasure of finding out that the B&N e-reader for Macs-which lets your read your library on the computer does not work for some books.
30t6p3b.gif

The kindle sounds like a dream to me but Literature is probably the ONLY thing I would never use on a electronic device. Having thousands of books at your fingertips is a advantage but holding an actual book > by miles.

The kindle sounds like a dream to me but Literature is probably the ONLY thing I would never use on a electronic device. Having thousands of books at your fingertips is a advantage but holding an actual book > by miles.

Back
Top Bottom