Official E3 thread of gaming goodness!

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Will0827

Is there still hope for a MVC3. I remember capcom having said something about 2 secret games for e3 one being Tatsunoko Vs Capcom was the other announced?
Capcom pretty much said that the licensing agreement they have is only for MvC2. Capcom has not announced the other game yet, most likely tomorrow or later tonight

ahhhhhh oh well, i guess MVC 2 will have to do for now. Im still mad at the fact that Tatsunoko Vs Capcom released for the Wii. The least Capcom could havedone is release it on all 3 systems since they went through the trouble of getting the licenses issues fixed to bring it to the states. Guess ill have to get aWii now.

Caan someone recap the SONY and MSFT announcements please? Along with any other notable ones? 78 pages is a ton, and kotaku looks very unstructured for allthis info.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

NASCAR in GT5 is HUGE. You will see a lot more GT5 copies sold off of this alone.
This.
Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Still not wowed enough to make me go out and buy a PS3...

Didn't really see anything I liked like that or what was posted in here...
Surprised, not.
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Just got back from Day 2 of E3

Final Fantasy XIV is NOT EXCLUSIVE

Sony is a bunch of liars. I spoke with the dev team and Square-Enix personally and the game will be on PC Windows machines as well as the PS3 (sorry no Mac). How Sony can spout off nonsense amazes me. Microsoft is still getting a cut from that game. From what I was told the game is just too big for the 360 to run at a decent framerate and it was dropped. I'll have other notes lates but i'm pretty beat and need to eat/drink before hitting up some more events tonight.

EDIT: also, for you FF fans Nobuo Uematsu is back doing the music. I still think the FF MMO idea is trash but at least they got some quality soundscape this time.
Son, chill with the bolded font and yelling,
laugh.gif

Technically, it is (console exclusive), you think Sony is in direct comp with... the PC market?
laugh.gif
. Just to make a point, Microsoft at there presentationstated Left For Dead was Xbox 360 exclusive coming this fall, well, there wrong, it's also for PC too.See my point?

EDIT: Beaten.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

"2010 the year of the PS3", let the new campaign begin
I'm joking since all the announcements made today were for 2010 and beyond. So MS is taking 2009 like it has every year before. Fanboys are going to hop off 2009 and onto 2010
Wait so your telling me throughout all of 2009 MS will have more exclusives than Sony. Lets count the exclusives released by each in 2009. Also MS announced alot of 2010 titles also (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Halo Reach)
Just giving my opinion. not a fanboy But can ppl elaborate on this for me.
Halo, Left 4 Dead, Forza 3 and Splinter Cell will out sell every other major exclusive title Sony has for 2009 combined by huge huge margin. Before E3 everyone was sayingMS had nothing and 2009 was Sony's. Add to that Perfect Dark HD and Sony fans might as well look to 2010-2011 for a dominating year.
Sales, Sales, Sales! Everything must go, you pocket protector !*$ @+%+#
smh.gif
, your missing your spreadsheets and graphs too, nerd.
Originally Posted by Im Not You

Are you dudes really sitting here having console wars?
Yup, who side are you on?

:swings malice:

laugh.gif

Man
laugh.gif

Forza 3, GT5, GTA: Ballad of Gay TONY, Left For Dead 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fifa 10, NBA 2K10, MW2, GOW3, Bioshock 2, FF7 (PSN), Dirt 2, Need For SpeedShift, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, DJ Hero...

Man I promised myself I'd start a personal finacial revolution when I got back from Japan too
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Caan someone recap the SONY and MSFT announcements please? Along with any other notable ones? 78 pages is a ton, and kotaku looks very unstructured for all this info.
Microsoft

Sony
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/joystiq-live-from-sonys-e3-2009-keynote/#continued

Thanks dude.
No Problem man

The only thing im seriously looking forward to this year is DJ hero and Need for speed Shift. The demo vid of DJ Hero on expert just gave Activision my money.And i can't forget MvC2.

Is there still hope for a MVC3. I remember capcom having said something about 2 secret games for e3 one being Tatsunoko Vs Capcom was the other announced?
Capcom pretty much said that the licensing agreement they have is only for MvC2. Capcom has not announced the other game yet, most likely tomorrow or later tonight

This was announced and playable. I got a few rounds in today and the game was a lot of fun however it's WII ONLY
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
online will use the crappy friend code system and the game lookslike trash on a LCD screen
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Man
laugh.gif

Forza 3, GT5, GTA: Ballad of Gay TONY, Left For Dead 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fifa 10, NBA 2K10, MW2, GOW3, Bioshock 2, FF7 (PSN), Dirt 2, Need For Speed Shift, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, DJ Hero...

Man I promised myself I'd start a personal finacial revolution when I got back from Japan too
eek.gif
Rockstar been breakin' alot of race barriers lately!
eek.gif

There was:
Italian
Caucasian
African American
Asian
Russian
and now Hispanic with Luis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I figured it though with the Museum Piece mission when Niko,Johnny, and Luis all meet at the same time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ElNino8

you think Sony is in direct comp with... the PC market?
laugh.gif
For an MMO game? 100% Yes. You think dudes are playing FFXI on a PS2? All this is, is FFXI-2. The game's main code is for PC. The bottom lineis it doesn't help when you piss off your developer. Especially when your developer is already leaning towards multi-markets. Square-Enix was not happyabout having to field question after question about how Sony conducted their business with their product today.

laugh.gif
For an MMO game? 100% Yes. You think dudes are playing FFXI on a PS2? All this is, is FFXI-2. The game's main code is for PC. The bottom line is it doesn't help when you piss off your developer. Especially when your developer is already leaning towards multi-markets. Square-Enix was not happy about having to field question after question about how Sony conducted their business with their product today.
actually theyre not, "dc universe online""the agency" along with "free realms", MMOs all done by Sony OnlineEntertainment, are being released on both the ps3 and pc, ps3 is in direct competition with the 360 and only the 360, im sure theyd like to surpass thewii's sales but strictly speaking, theyre only in competition against the 360

theres a reason why microsoft only shows off 360/multiplat games at its spotlight and sony shows of ps2/psp/ps3/multi plat games at its conference - thesespotlights are console competitions

thats why you're complaint on ff14 not being exclusive by being on the pc also is a little overblown

ErickM713 wrote:
Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Man
laugh.gif

Forza 3, GT5, GTA: Ballad of Gay TONY, Left For Dead 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fifa 10, NBA 2K10, MW2, GOW3, Bioshock 2, FF7 (PSN), Dirt 2, Need For Speed Shift, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, DJ Hero...

eek.gif
Rockstar been breakin' alot of race barriers lately!
eek.gif

There was:
Italian
Caucasian
African American
Asian
Russian
and now Hispanic with Luis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I figured it though with the Museum Piece mission when Niko,Johnny, and Luis all meet at the same time
pimp.gif

Open minded-ness FTW
pimp.gif
. Open mind = endless possibilities
laugh.gif

just watched the PS3 Conference and i was impressed ...

GOW3 = copped
Unchated 2 = visuals are amazing and they added multiplayer, copped
GT5 =
eek.gif
did i see damage, copped
MAG = Zipper should have kept it Third Person like Socom, still copped
PS3 motion controllers > Xbox motion controller >>>> wii controllers. they will be copped. they seem very accurate
PSP GO = still on the fence
AGENT = its made by Rockstar so its gonna be copped

i could care less for everything else that was announced at E3

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

laugh.gif
For an MMO game? 100% Yes. You think dudes are playing FFXI on a PS2? All this is, is FFXI-2. The game's main code is for PC. The bottom line is it doesn't help when you piss off your developer. Especially when your developer is already leaning towards multi-markets. Square-Enix was not happy about having to field question after question about how Sony conducted their business with their product today.
actually theyre not, "dc universe online""the agency" along with "free realms", MMOs all done by Sony Online Entertainment, are being released on both the ps3 and pc, ps3 is in direct competition with the 360 and only the 360, im sure theyd like to surpass the wii's sales but strictly speaking, theyre only in competition against the 360

theres a reason why microsoft only shows off 360/multiplat games at its spotlight and sony shows of ps2/psp/ps3/multi plat games at its conference - these spotlights are console competitions

thats why you're complaint on ff14 not being exclusive by being on the pc also is a little overblown
My point of view is coming from a developer perspective so it is a little skewed. Sony publishes Everquest, d/c, etc AND develops them.Square-Enix is publishing FF XIV and developing it. So if Square wants to push hard for the game on PC then Sony is going to be concerned that no one is buyingon the PS3 since Sony's publishing rights and $$$ are tied to the PS3. The PS3 is just a medium so when the medium outshines your product or is directlytied to your product when it is not intended to you as the developer are going to be salty.

So when I go into an appointment today with Square-Enix and I tailor my starter questions around Sony's "bomb-shell" announcement and theimmediate response is "Sony is putting words in our mouth about the availability and development of our product." That signifies a problem.

Really, Sony was really slick with the comment about saying "it's the only console you can play FF14 on" but then the word "exclusive"is thrown around and the media runs with it. I am in no way saying M$. or Nintendo do not pull the same crap. I think i'm more saying that I want to seethe throwing around of the word "exclusive" (Definition: noting that in which no others have a share) stopped. I'm actually interested to see ifValve has the same sediments as S.E. on how Left for Dead 2 was shown since it's not on PC anywhere on the floor. I'll ask tomorrow.

i skipped gta4 and was actually looking forward to RDR, but thanks to the wonderful people at take-2, this has been pushed back to early-mid 2010, possiblylater, and what pisses me off even more is that they did the same thing with Mafia 2, both of which had a very possible chance of coming out this year aroundthe holiday season

mad.gif

you'd be stupid not to have a MMORPG on the PC.

square has gotten ahead of itself with the FF franchise though.
its literally on every damn platform, not that it's a bad thing but geez...

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by nnarum

I wish we would've seen more of this...

i skipped gta4 and was actually looking forward to RDR, but thanks to the wonderful people at take-2, this has been pushed back to early-mid 2010, possibly later, and what pisses me off even more is that they did the same thing with Mafia 2, both of which had a very possible chance of coming out this year around the holiday season

mad.gif
darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

Edit: Gamestop still has it at 9/1/09
nerd.gif

This has to be game of E3 2009...

jt30xc.jpg

eek.gif

nah son, they saved the best for last, people in the crowd we're going crazy when they saw GOW3 it in its full 1920x1080p awsomeness

uncharted 2 might be the most underrated though, the ending of that helicopter scene, specifically where objects were flying all over the room had me
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom