***Official Eagles @ Patriots on NBC SNF vol. largest spread in NFL history***

Originally Posted by theone2401

theone,

I concur, this is as close to untouchable as you can get, when Good teams win even tho they play bad by their standards, its a PROBLEM
My sentiments exactly...They walked into a ambush tonight and STILL WON. Every great team has a trap game or two this team has won both of them what more can you ask for from a quote un-quote untouchable team?

it's a good wake up call. sure the colts played them tough, but that was the colts. this was the eagles. a mediocre team. it's better they run intothis type of game now than later. what it will do is give other teams (e.g. Pittsburgh) confidence that they can be beaten. but don;t kid yourselves, thatconfidence gets offset by the Pats making adjustments. i still say their bigest weakness is in the running game. if their pass is shutdown such as tonight,they really need to be able to run that ball effectively.....

So$%%$%+%' close. This was such a great game though, Patriots didn't play badly, they just played a team which had a desire to win which had beenunheard of so far. Like Madden said, I guess this just gives other teams hope they can hang with them and hopefully win.

yeah i agree...i think was a damn good wakeup call to the team and fans even. anyone can win on any given sunday. im just glad we came out on top

Patriots

Bullet-Time.jpg

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

roll.gif

Pittsburgh WILL beat New England!!! I'm Callin' it..

Appreciate the love... but it ain't happening. We ain't that team... i'll go more in depth the actual week of the game to explain why wecan't do it, but for now just let it be... we aren't built to beat a team with that much skill in the passing game, we could give up 45 points to themno problem.
frown.gif

that was a great game. i thought that the eagles were going to pull an upset. this game would only make the pats stronger, belichick could be fuming madright now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

but i'm not going to be surprised if they lose to miami in the weeks to come.
No joke homie... they may win that game by 70 lol

Yea... I mean Eagles are at least decent. Miami is well, what's the word, winless?

Oh and A LOT of people lost serious money tonight, most bookie's are probably doing some form of thesoulja boy

P.S. that is why Tom is MVP, not Moss....you can argue that Moss opens it up for Wes, but "opening it up for others" does not get you MVP.

(just heard one of our post game guys say it, and its what ive been saying all year)

I just think everyone is getting caught up in the hype and excitement of getting to say we're watching history and all that.. they want to believe they're seeing something that's never been seen before so they'll find ways to defend it and protect it.

I see where you are coming from and agree on this wholeheartedly. They definetly arent as untouchable as their image would indicate.

But where I was coming from was no team can really be "untouchable" the NFL as a whole is to talented to allow that to happen. But this is theclosest I have ever seen even if they lose one or two games. If they go 14-2 its not the same as the Chargers going 14-2 last year IMO.

With that said...The Eagles put on a show tonight great job by the coaching staff....Being up on the Patriots in the 4th with a WR core full of slot recieversand your back up QB deserves a pat on the back....To bad that same backup QB crumpled like a sheet of tissue paper
laugh.gif

P.S. that is why Tom is MVP, not Moss....you can argue that Moss opens it up for Wes, but "opening it up for others" does not get you MVP.
That doesnt meant it shouldnt. We all know who WILL win the MVP. Moss will never win it over Brady in a million years. But that doesnt mean Mossdoesnt deserve it at least somewhat. You have to understand what the Patriots are able to do on offense just because Moss is in uniform. They ran the ball likeone time the whole first half you think thats possible if they are throwing to Gaffney, Caldwell and Troy Brown? Moss' impact goes way beyond the box scoreor their record. No slight to Brady he deserves it and if he wins it there shouldnt be any complaints but no one should just disregard Moss as just a workingpart to the machine.

props to the Eagles on almost out right winning this game. but in football as the saying goes... a win is a win, so is a loss is a loss.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Oh and A LOT of people lost serious money tonight, most bookie's are probably doing some form of the soulja boy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

great game by the Eagles, the Pats defense was$%%%+%% today...i just went through this entire thread and y'all are right...the Pats slurping by some ofthese heads is downright disgusting...DaNextGrate you're top 5, if not #1...
smh.gif

like someone said before...is it a blueprint? sure...the Eagles exposed some weaknesses and a good coordinator might be able to mess around with it...but, thisshould be a wake up (in case they needed one) to the Pats that anyone can outplay them on any given day and they haven't accomplished shhh.........yet

but yeah...the spread for the Ravens game should be WAY lower than this but i'm def. taking the Pats in that one to cover the spread because they'll bemore than ready to play after what almost happend here...plus, it's a Monday night game and Brady always shows up
pimp.gif

gg again Eagles fans

nice game eagles....even in defeat...the Patriots WILL go down, in one of these trap games some things won't go their favor and i see them losing once ortwice this season...quite frankly i honestly believe the Pats will be better if they lose one in the season and gain some toughness, hell they already havethat division wrapped up.

I don't care what anybody says...The Eagles BALLED tonight. Whether you want to say that the Pats looked bad or not, the Eagles showed what our team shouldhave looked like all season long. It was a good, hard fought game and I hope the Eagles continue with this type of intensity for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom