Official ECF Game 1 5/20 8:30PM EST TNT Magic vs. Cavs

Orlando in 6 ...

smh.gif
at all the Lebron / Cavs nuthuggers .

Am I the only one that thinks Orlando will have a tough time scoring? I think LeBron may shut down Hedo just like he shut down Joe Johnson.

And when it comes to defending Cleveland, Z has been practicing 3's like I wish a (Dwight Howard) would think about just standing in the paint all daylong.

Orlando has a pretty short turnaround and I don't think they'll be able to make enough adjustments to take game 1. Against Boston they trapped Pierceoff every pick n' roll situation with Skip. They could get away with that because Rondo can't hit a midrange jumper or 3 ball. You can't do thatwith Mo, he's got unlimited range. Hedo is going to have to guard LBJ (which he can't), Hedo's size won't be as much of a factor as it wasagainst Pierce. LeBron will be able to blow by Hedo all day. Z will be huge in this series, when his jumper is on and range out to 3 dwight is going to haveto come out of the paint in pick n' pop situations, Kendrick can't do that. Offensively they gave the ball to Rashard Lewis on the block and theoutside and let him go at Baby 1 vs 1. Against Andy he can take him on the outside but he can't post up Andy on the block. The Cavs are a very gooddefensive team, they shrink the paint and then chase people off the 3 point line. Orlando is going to have to put the ball on the deck, they won't get aton of spot up looks. Also Cleveland has a lot more bodies to throw at Dwight and they won't be afraid to hack and put Dwight on the line and make himearn his points, Boston didn't have the bodies to take fouls.

Cavs in 6.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

And? Tell me where I'm wrong in my post.
well for one I don't imagine Rashard Lewis will have much problem with Varejao.
two, good 3 point looks will be there regardless whether it's off screens or drive and kick outs. that's what the Magic specialize in. whetherthey're dropping is another thing.
three, no one on your squad can guard Howard, despite his lack of post moves. Z is soft and everyone else is undersized and/or old.
you're right, Hedo can't guard LBJ but LBJ will have to play a tad more defense on Hedo than he has had to play all playoffs.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Verejao IS one of the top defensive big men in the L...please name 10-15 that are more effective on D? I'll be waiting for a while...
Will you?

Camby
Dalembert
Birdman
Nene
TD
KG
Perkins
Mutumbo(healthy)
Pryzbilla
Al Jeff
Yao
Shaq
Big Ben
Joe Smith

Should I continue?

This list is
laugh.gif
& proves my point. You can easily cross 1/2 that list off because dudes are way past their prime. Al Jeff
laugh.gif
...Verejao is our bestdefensive player so go ahead & cross out Big Ben & Joe Smith. You said we have a "weak front line" but then go ahead & add our 2nd &3rd best defensive big men. So you basically admitted in your opinion that we have 3 of the top 15 defensive big men...

EDIT: NOW THAT IS COMEDY.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't understand how so many people ignore the season series.... so that's no indicator whatsoever?

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

I don't understand how so many people ignore the season series.... so that's no indicator whatsoever?
[typical LeBron nuthugger] well we didn't have Z in one game and the other one we were coming off a 3 game road trip [/TLNH]

whereas no mention of the 1 game they won Lebron put up like 42 12 & 8 and they won by like 2....

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Verejao IS one of the top defensive big men in the L...please name 10-15 that are more effective on D? I'll be waiting for a while...
Will you?

Camby
Dalembert
Birdman
Nene
TD
KG
Perkins
Mutumbo(healthy)
Pryzbilla
Al Jeff
Yao
Shaq
Big Ben
Joe Smith

Should I continue?

This list is
laugh.gif
& proves my point. You can easily cross 1/2 that list off because dudes are way past their prime. Al Jeff
laugh.gif
...Verejao is our best defensive player so go ahead & cross out Big Ben & Joe Smith. You said we have a "weak front line" but then go ahead & add our 2nd & 3rd best defensive big men. So you basically admitted in your opinion that we have 3 of the top 15 defensive big men...

EDIT: NOW THAT IS COMEDY.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Uh no...just people that are better...and Joe Smith/Ben are definitely better defenders than Varejao. You realize I didn't even put D 12 inthat list right? Plus there are a grand total of 2 players past their primes...and both are STILL better defenders than Anderson. If you think he's goodfor anything more than taking charges and tipping rebounds...you are sadly mistaken.

No one is ignoring the season series. It just becomes irrelevant in the playoffs. Teams are playing differently at this time of the season.

Case in point. Lakers beat the Rockets 4 times out of 4 in the season series. A game in March is not the same as aa game in May. Period.

No it isn't an indicator whatsoever when they play 82 games a season.

Most of the time these dudes not even playing hard during the regular season unless its a Sunday nationally televised game.

Game Day Let'sGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"Respect, we demand it/Slip and break thee 11th commandment/Yall can not fukk wit nor see Cleveland/

nobody is beating cleveland this year. that team is a TEAM... When lebron james takes his team to a title this year NOBODY should deny that he is the bestplayer in the game today.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

explain? pretty sure everyone here knows
laugh.gif

even if what you're claiming is true (which it isn't if you've watched lebron play at all this year), you have to realize that it is MUCH easierdoubling someone in the post, especially when they lack the skill/footwork to counter the double team, than it is to double someone coming off a high screen,steamrolling to the basket.

Everyone knows Lebron is going to drive and attack the rim, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Dwight on the other hand, has had plenty of games in this playoffs where he wasn't much of a factor offensively. As physically dominating as he is, he justdoesn't have the skillset to dominate the game offensively on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom