Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

Got this for Christmas:

Incredibly warm. I was sweating underneath while only wearing a sweatshirt.

Anyone know if RL leather jackets are good enough for a NY winter?? Might return it since inot sure how I feel about the fit. The XL was too tight, but the XXL is feels big. Upside is, will definitely be able to wear a thick sweater underneath to keep warm this coming winter. What y'all think?

Being 27 I really don't wear Streetwear brands but If this Stussy/ Schott Aviator jacket were to drop stateside I would cop.

Anyone here have experience with the North Face Triclimate line, specifically the Vortex?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger, will it keep me warm in 0-30 degree weather?

my first triclimate had a crazy warm inner jacket. idk wat it was filled with, but it wasn't down or puffy. it kept me warm as hell, and combo that with the outer wind protecting shell, and some warm clothing, you'd be good.

my current one has some thin bs inner jacket and doesn't work nearly as well, so im in the market for something new too.

best bet is to go to outdoor sites like backcountry.com and read reviews. north face has a number of triclimates out now so some work better than others.

NF also has lifetime warranty and they are very good about it.

Anyone know if RL leather jackets are good enough for a NY winter?? Might return it since inot sure how I feel about the fit. The XL was too tight, but the XXL is feels big. Upside is, will definitely be able to wear a thick sweater underneath to keep warm this coming winter. What y'all think?

Dude this leather looks like ****. At least 2 sizes too big. Leathers should be somewhat form fitting.

Anyone here have experience with the North Face Triclimate line, specifically the Vortex?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger, will it keep me warm in 0-30 degree weather?

my first triclimate had a crazy warm inner jacket. idk wat it was filled with, but it wasn't down or puffy. it kept me warm as hell, and combo that with the outer wind protecting shell, and some warm clothing, you'd be good.

my current one has some thin bs inner jacket and doesn't work nearly as well, so im in the market for something new too.

best bet is to go to outdoor sites like backcountry.com and read reviews. north face has a number of triclimates out now so some work better than others.

NF also has lifetime warranty and they are very good about it.

Yeah. Triclimates are very good at keeping you warm depending on which you get.

I got one last year for $230. It's the kind with the removable fleece, and outer shell.

I've yet to find a reason to wear em good at the same time however. Just hasn't gotten cold enough.

I need a nice wind proof jacket. Nothing huge though because it doesn't get too cold in Atlanta but the wind is what will make you cold.

This is really a spring or late summer jacket. It won't cut it for a Florida Winter with a thick sweater underneath, so NY is out of the question. Return it and buy a real Winter coat.

If you are only looking at RL, then the down parkas, heavy lined leathers, and shearling are what you need.

Last edited:
Since it's already getting a bit chilly here, I'm already looking to get 2 new coats for F/W.

Need suggestions on a good leather.

Since it's already getting a bit chilly here, I'm already looking to get 2 new coats for F/W.
Wore jeans and a sweatshirt today 
sick.gif

How cold does it even get in Florida? @Supermanblue79  
laugh.gif

Need a good tech wear coat 

Last year had a bomber jacket and a RL Puffy Coat 

Want something more slim, fashionable, and will also keep me warm 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom