OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

Damn MCW and Harden both out tonight and I'm already down 3-6. Looks like I'm taking the L this week fellas.

I'm seriously considering making some serious changes/trades to my roster in a head to head categories league. I won my first two games, but both games were extremely close and I don't think I can continue to beat teams with a "well-rounded" approach. I think I need to instead focus on 3-4 categories that I'll be able to win consistently, leave 1-2 of them as a toss up, and completely ignore the remaining categories (9 total).

Here's how my team is ranking in each category (10 teams):

FG%- 7th

FT%- 1st

3PM- 6th

REB- 9th

AST- 7th

STL- 8th

BLK- 8th

TO- 1st

PTS- 10th

I'm thinking of trying to focus on FG%, REB, and BLK by acquiring more big men and trading some of my underperforming/poorly shooting guards. The bigs I have now are good FT shooters so I'll only be taking a slight hit there. What do you guys think? I can post my roster if needed.

If you acquire more bigs make sure they either shoot a decent percentage at the FT line or they dont shoot that many FTs. Looks like your team needs a lot of work though, your in the bottom in most categories. Post your roster and I'll try to help you out more.

Yeah my team does need some work and a lot of the guys aren't performing like they're supposed to. I currently have some players I'm only temporarily owning. Of course this is for my money league, I like my other team much better. Here's my roster:

Last edited:

Yeah my team does need some work and a lot of the guys aren't performing like they're supposed to. I currently have some players I'm only temporarily owning. Of course this is for my money league, I like my other team much better. Here's my roster:
you could probably drop sanders

you could probably drop sanders
I have him is because there aren't really any good IR eligible available (Nash, Burke, McGee, Gallinari, Lou Williams, Otto Porter Jr.) and he fits in with the direction I want to take my team.

Last edited:

^^ Sanders isn't taking a roster spot so no need to drop him unless you have someone better to put on IR. But as you said you have a lot of guys underperforming, WIlson Chandler should help a little when he comes back today, but you also have duds IMO in Beverly and Smith. If you have decent FA, I would replace Beverly and Smith. And you definitely need a trade but seeing as most of your players are underperforming, I would wait until they come around to get the most value out of them. My advice would be to just grind it out for a couple of weeks, pick up more games than your opponent for the week while paying attention to TO's, and just play the FA list.

Whats you FA list looking like?

^^ Sanders isn't taking a roster spot so no need to drop him unless you have someone better to put on IR. But as you said you have a lot of guys underperforming, WIlson Chandler should help a little when he comes back today, but you also have duds IMO in Beverly and Smith. If you have decent FA, I would replace Beverly and Smith. And you definitely need a trade but seeing as most of your players are underperforming, I would wait until they come around to get the most value out of them. My advice would be to just grind it out for a couple of weeks, pick up more games than your opponent for the week while paying attention to TO's, and just play the FA list.

Yeah he'll help toward PTS, REB, 3PM, and FT%. I'm looking to move Holiday, Green, maybe Calderon, and of course the lower end players on my team. I'm talking to some people who are interest right now. The FA list is pretty dry, here's the top of the list:

Yeah he'll help toward PTS, REB, 3PM, and FT%. I'm looking to move Holiday, Green, maybe Calderon, and of course the lower end players on my team. I'm talking to some people who are interest right now. The FA list is pretty dry, here's the top of the list:
didnt notice sanders was on IR. pick up brewer and hickson, drop splitter and beverly

Working out some deals right now and might try and trade for Ilyasova. Do you guys think he will get good minutes when he returns? Kind of troubling how many minutes he was splitting with Butler, Henson, and Middleton.

Working out some deals right now and might try and trade for Ilyasova. Do you guys think he will get good minutes when he returns? Kind of troubling how many minutes he was splitting with Butler, Henson, and Middleton.
nope. hes a headache to own. id avoid him

He
drop jack and caroll, pick up wchandler and bradley
Wchandler is injured tho
nope. He's playing tonight.

Got the deal for Beal. Now I'm thinking to trying to swap my Bargnani and Demar for Wes Matthews and Drummond to my homie. I'm improving my FG % while adding more 3s to my stacked team. I might lose some steals but that's alright, I got CP3 and MCW to carry that category.

Last edited:
He

drop jack and caroll, pick up wchandler and bradley
Wchandler is injured tho
nope. He's playing tonight.

Got the deal for Beal. Now I'm thinking to trying to swap my Bargnani and Demar for Wes Matthews and Drummond to my homie. I'm improving my FG % while adding more 3s to my stacked team. I might lose some steals but that's alright, I got CP3 and MCW to carry that category.
bargs and demar will actually give you more 3s in the long run. id hold onto them for now if i were you. fg is definitely not a strong suit for bargs and demar though
laugh.gif

My team as of now. Won the last two weeks and seems like I'll be winning this week as well. Any changes you guys can suggest?

This is how free agency's looking.

Your teams pretty solid. I would suggest keeping a close eye on Ryan Anderson and Tobias Harris' progress so that once they are close to returning you can stash them for Nicolson and Henson but other than that your team looks good.

Hey guys. Should I pick up larry sanders off waivers? My waiver position is one and I have j holiday, K thompson, Jordan crawford, brook lopez, spitter, Anthony Davis, bynum, zaza pachulia, parsons, j nelson, John wall, deng, and ginobli. 12 team league. Let me know what you guys think.

I should have picked up Brewer earlier lol.
told everyone to do so after the first game he started
Hey guys. Should I pick up larry sanders off waivers? My waiver position is one and I have j holiday, K thompson, Jordan crawford, brook lopez, spitter, Anthony Davis, bynum, zaza pachulia, parsons, j nelson, John wall, deng, and ginobli. 12 team league. Let me know what you guys think.
id hold off

What do we think about Jordan Hill? Just dropped Reggie Jackson to pick him up.

Need the help in boards and blocks with Sanders out for a while.  Debated between him and Mozgov.

Back
Top Bottom