OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

i would rather have PG depending on who i pick up from FA. drummond is good but his stats are NOT irreplaceable. hes just a big man who gives you 10 reb and a block or two. nothing too special
Couldn't disagree more.  Have you actually watched Drummond play?  He is a man among boys out there.  He's currently at 12ppg/ 12rpg/ 2spg/ 1.5bpg while shooting 65% from the field.  Add that to the fact that he is only 20yo and is only going to get better from an offensive standpoint.  If his offensive game (free throws/ mid range game) ever catches up to his defensive prowess, we are looking at top 10 fantasy talent.  
the thing is that he IS young and he will have many bad games. fantasy is 1 season. its great that he will be a phenomenal player EVENTUALLY. but if i'm trying to win now im going to take PG who has established himself as a top 10 fantasy player. the 2stls and 1.5 blocks look very juicy in fantasy but a 12/12 guy is nothing special honestly, and the fact that he is shooting 65% on 9 shots per game is nothing special either. also, i highly doubt he will be able to sustain 2stls/1.5 blks for the rest of the season. once teams realize that he is TERRRRRRRRIBLE at the line and start doing hack-a-drummond he will be a huge liability on your FT%

again, it really depends on who he picks up from FA for the trade to work out

Last edited:
Tobias Harris back soon. No hitches in practice with the ankle.
finally. i was about to drop this guy when i heard there was no timeable a week ago . if he gets me 15/7/1stl/1blk/1 3pter i will be
smokin.gif

the thing is that he IS young and he will have many bad games. fantasy is 1 season. its great that he will be a phenomenal player EVENTUALLY. but if i'm trying to win now im going to take PG who has established himself as a top 10 fantasy player. the 2stls and 1.5 blocks look very juicy in fantasy but a 12/12 guy is nothing special honestly, and the fact that he is shooting 65% on 9 shots per game is nothing special either. also, i highly doubt he will be able to sustain 2stls/1.5 blks for the rest of the season. once teams realize that he is TERRRRRRRRIBLE at the line and start doing hack-a-drummond he will be a huge liability on your FT%

Well this is my lineup so far if it matters...

Mike Conley Mem - G
Ty Lawson Den - G
Paul George Ind - G,F
J.J. Hickson Den - F,C
Marcin Gortat Was - C
Nikola Pekovic Min - C
Isaiah Thomas Sac - G
Trevor Ariza Was - G,F
Kyle Lowry Tor - G
Al Jefferson Cha - F,C
Ersan Ilyasova Mil - F
Jared Sullinger Bos - F

Well this is my lineup so far if it matters...

Mike Conley Mem - G
Ty Lawson Den - G
Paul George Ind - G,F
J.J. Hickson Den - F,C
Marcin Gortat Was - C
Nikola Pekovic Min - C
Isaiah Thomas Sac - G
Trevor Ariza Was - G,F
Kyle Lowry Tor - G
Al Jefferson Cha - F,C
Ersan Ilyasova Mil - F
Jared Sullinger Bos - F
so you would be getting hayward and drummond? i would pass on the trade. you dont need anymore depth

i would rather have PG depending on who i pick up from FA. drummond is good but his stats are NOT irreplaceable. hes just a big man who gives you 10 reb and a block or two. nothing too special
Couldn't disagree more.  Have you actually watched Drummond play?  He is a man among boys out there.  He's currently at 12ppg/ 12rpg/ 2spg/ 1.5bpg while shooting 65% from the field.  Add that to the fact that he is only 20yo and is only going to get better from an offensive standpoint.  If his offensive game (free throws/ mid range game) ever catches up to his defensive prowess, we are looking at top 10 fantasy talent.  

It's fairly obvious you really haven't watched Detroit this year.  The guy is 6'11" and 280 with a 7'6" wingspan getting the first starts of his career.  If you watched him at the end of last year, his limited minutes revealed flashes of peripheral defensive brilliance.  His per 48 stats for the hustle stats, steals and blocks was incredible.  We are less than a month into the season and he is already a double double lock with 2 steals and 1.5 blocks/ game.  Once he gets comfortable I see his blocks closer to 3/game and he will be flirting with the league lead in rebounds/game all year.  Add to this that power forward and center is the shallowest position in fantasy as compared to pg which is the deepest.  Also the FT% knock is fairly negligible since he barely goes to the line right now.  By next year's drafts he will be taken late first/ early 2nd rounds, he is that good.  There are only 11 players in the league averaging a double double points/ rebounds, so yes it is special honestly.

Last edited:

It's fairly obvious you really haven't watched Detroit this year.  The guy is 6'11" and 280 with a 7'6" wingspan getting the first starts of his career.  If you watched him at the end of last year, his limited minutes revealed flashes of peripheral defensive brilliance.  His per 48 stats for the hustle stats, steals and blocks was incredible.  We are less than a month into the season and he is already a double double lock with 2 steals and 1.5 blocks/ game.  Once he gets comfortable I see his blocks closer to 3/game and he will be flirting with the league lead in rebounds/game all year.  Add to this that power forward and center is the shallowest position in fantasy as compared to pg which is the deepest.  Also the FT% knock is fairly negligible since he barely goes to the line right now.  By next year's drafts he will be taken late first/ early 2nd rounds, he is that good.  There are only 11 players in the league averaging a double double points/ rebounds, so yes it is special honestly.
double doubles are great if you're playing points leagues where that can get you extra points. but a 12/12 double double is not very special in a 10-starter fantasy team. PF/C is NOT the shallowest position in the game. SG is the shallowest position in the game. when i say PG i mean paul george not point guard. i know he doesnt go to the line a lot right now but that will increase for sure.

drummond is a great player, but im taking paul george without a doubt if he was ever offered.

double doubles are great if you're playing points leagues where that can get you extra points. but a 12/12 double double is not very special in a 10-starter fantasy team. PF/C is NOT the shallowest position in the game. SG is the shallowest position in the game. when i say PG i mean paul george not point guard. i know he doesnt go to the line a lot right now but that will increase for sure.

drummond is a great player, but im taking paul george without a doubt if he was ever offered.
Well if it's Paul George vs. A Drummond straight up I would agree with you as he currently sits at #6 on the yahoo fantasy rankings vs. #16 for Drummond, however if we are going on return for value I am taking Drummond every time.  George was likely taken mid 1st round in most drafts and is performing right up to where he should be, whereas Drummond was likely drafted in rounds 4-6 and is returning mid 2nd round value not just on the strength of 12/12 but the key peripherals, which are going to win you a league, like steals and blocks which are notoriously difficult to grab off the free agent list.  He absolutely will keep those spg numbers and the blocks will only get better as he averaged 1.6bpg in only 20mpg last year as a rookie.  This guy is going to be a monster on the level of an Anthony Davis before too long and since I own him in both of my leagues, the second half is going to be fun! 

if i trade away hayward and drummond for PG, id be happy to pick up a guy like sullinger or hickson to replace drummonds value. its not exactly the same but it will suffice.

Dropped Morris for Sullinger. Henderson is on the wavier wire. I'm planning to use my waiver on him and drop Dion Waiters. Good idea?

I'm in a 12 man league. Is dropping either Felton or Lou Williams worth picking up Splitter for? If so, who should I drop?

I have George Hill too, and he's a bum.

Entered the day with a lead and ended the day without the lead and injured Rose and AI...oh my...

In light of the D Rose injury, I'm about to trade for Jimmy Butler. Big risk because I know Jimmy is hurt too but once he comes back, I see his role increased a million fold.

In light of the D Rose injury, I'm about to trade for Jimmy Butler. Big risk because I know Jimmy is hurt too but once he comes back, I see his role increased a million fold.
isnt butler out for a couple of weeks?
What's the latest on Rose? Looking to pick up Hinrich for D. Blair or J. Henson.
waiting on mri, possible acl tear
Dropped Morris for Sullinger. Henderson is on the wavier wire. I'm planning to use my waiver on him and drop Dion Waiters. Good idea?
yes

Torn ligament in Sanders' thumb. No earlier than Christmas.

Chandler was sighted at practice. Minor cardio session. Row machine.

Back
Top Bottom