OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

wait...why would you give up your 1st pick for a 6th pick? would you trade lebron for kevin love? that doesnt make sense...

It has to do with the draft order in a snake draft format. Basically you have to wait 24 picks every time until it's your turn and then you get your two picks side by side. With the sixth pick you get to choose your pick only after 12 picks every time.

Last edited:

wait...why would you give up your 1st pick for a 6th pick? would you trade lebron for kevin love? that doesnt make sense...
It has to do with the draft order in a snake draft format. Basically you have to wait 24 picks every time until it's your turn and then you get your two picks side by side. With the sixth pick you get to choose your pick only after 12 picks every time.
theres always going to be a good player left on the board so dont worry. id rather have the elite superstar (lebron or kd) than have a 6th pick and a 18th pick. in the long run you will feel much better about having the best player in the league. i get that snake format you draft very late but its going to be worth it

id be more than happy to get kd, gay, josh smith as my first 3 rd picks. or if wade/dirk/leonard are there i would gladly take them in the late 2nd/early 3rd

Last edited:
theres always going to be a good player left on the board so dont worry. id rather have the elite superstar (lebron or kd) than have a 6th pick and a 18th pick. in the long run you will feel much better about having the best player in the league. i get that snake format you draft very late but its going to be worth it

id be more than happy to get kd, gay, josh smith as my first 3 rd picks. or if wade/dirk/leonard are there i would gladly take them in the late 2nd/early 3rd

Yea I just did a mock draft another mock draft and am happy with the results so I'm gonna keep my first pick and grab KD in my draft :D

Yea I just did a mock draft another mock draft and am happy with the results so I'm gonna keep my first pick and grab KD in my draft
happy.gif
i think if you try to take the best player available you will be happier than trying to reach for the best big/small

i think if you try to take the best player available you will be happier than trying to reach for the best big/small

I'll def try to add players based on a combination of talent and overall fantasy value. Here's the mock draft I just did. I think this is a team that covers every category well. Let me know what you think.

1. Kevin Durant (OKC - SF)
2. Damian Lillard (Por - PG)
3. Ty Lawson (Den - PG)
4. Roy Hibbert (Ind - C)
5. Jrue Holiday (NO - PG)
6. Carlos Boozer (Chi - PF,C)
7. Joe Johnson (Bkn - SG,SF)
8. Tristan Thompson (Cle - PF,C)
9. Spencer Hawes (Phi - C)
10. J.J. Redick (LAC - SG)
11. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Cha - SF)
12. Isaiah Thomas (Sac - PG)
13. Vince Carter (Dal - SG,SF)

Last edited:
Been looking for this thread. Had my draft last night and I'm liking my squad a lot.

Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Rudy Gay
Derrick Favors
Al Horford
George Hill
Nikola Pekovic
JR Smith
Robin Lopez
Michael Carter-Williams
Demar Derozan
Gerald Wallace

12 Team League 9 cat. Start 8 players: PG, SG, SF, PF, C and 1 Utility, Guard, and Forward slot.

First time playing Fantasy Basketball... just had my draft last night. Here is my team...

ESPN Fantasy

Head to Head Each Category

8 Teams

PG Derrick Rose

SG Klay Thompson

SF Kobe Bryant

PF Kevin Love

C Al Horford

G Jeff Teague

F Blake Griffin

UTIL Paul Pierce

UTIL Derrick Favors

UTIL Victor Oladipo

Bench Tyson Chandler

Bench Danny Granger

Bench Derrick Williams

Heres my drag and I think I came out pretty good, I had pick 11 out of 20. 20 people is just :x

Starters

Derrick Rose
Kevin Martin
Luol Deng
Derrick Favors
Dwight Howard :wow:
Tristan Thompson- Utility

Bench

Isaiah Thomas
Caron Butler
Jason Thompson
PJ Tuckers

Heres my drag and I think I came out pretty good, I had pick 11 out of 20. 20 people is just
sick.gif

Starters

Derrick Rose
Kevin Martin
Luol Deng
Derrick Favors
Dwight Howard
eek.gif

Tristan Thompson- Utility

Bench

Isaiah Thomas
Caron Butler
Jason Thompson
PJ Tuckers
not bad, have a feeling rose will play at a top 5 pick level this year

and dwight will have a way better year than he did last year

Do you guys prefer ROTO or Head to Head scoring?

The real thing that irks me about fantasy basketball is the lack of consistency between categories when you're in leagues. I'm in a money league thats set up like this

What is this? Something like this completely destroys a draft strategy. No percentages, you get one fantasy point for every point scored? Merely going after scorers is going to win someone this league. 

Should I say something? Because once the league starts everyones going to notice and complain and if they switch the settings I'm done for cause I would seriously just draft scorers only

PLS RESPOND

Last edited:

The real thing that irks me about fantasy basketball is the lack of consistency between categories when you're in leagues. I'm in a money league thats set up like this

View media item 629201
What is this? Something like this completely destroys a draft strategy. No percentages, you get one fantasy point for points scored? Merely going after scorers is going to win someone this league. I'm not even going to say anything.

Roto is cool but it sort of takes away the "competitiveness" of H2H.

And the way that league is set up looks lame AS HAIL

View media item 629201
What is this? Something like this completely destroys a draft strategy. No percentages, you get one fantasy point for points scored? Merely going after scorers is going to win someone this league. 

Should I say something? Because once the league starts everyones going to notice and complain and if they switch the settings I'm done for cause I would seriously just draft scorers only

Those settings are crazy, if you have 2 good big men that could be 60 points consistently if they get you a double double

Yeah I'm gonna say something tomorrow because they're not going to like what I do to that league if it stays the way it is. I've already redone my draft board, Kevin Love and David Lee have flown to the top and all my utility players are going to be bigs. It's gonna get ugly and then they're going to change the setting to default mid season which would screw me completely.

Yeah I'm gonna say something tomorrow because they're not going to like what I do to that league if it stays the way it is. I've already redone my draft board, Kevin Love and David Lee have flown to the top and all my utility players are going to be bigs. It's gonna get ugly and then they're going to change the setting to default mid season which would screw me completely.

Lmao. That's crazy. 20 pts for double doubles? Might as well just freaking draft all bigs.

DH, K. Love, D. Lee, Z-Bo.. etc, etc. Lol

2prrytk.png

My league has been doing this format for the 3rd year now and it has been really fun and enjoyable lol. Consistency and hot streaks are a big thing too haha. Very unnecessary how your league adds points and subtracts for basically everything. But defintiely, being in H2H points means a lot of fantasy blogs and advice don't apply. Plus, imo, category seems kind of nonexciting for me, even though fantasy is basically built on that concept.

Last edited:
I had the 9th pick

PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Paul George
G- Jeff Teague
SF- Jeff Green
PF-Pau Gasol
F- Derrick Favors
C- Joakim Noah
C- Marcin Gortat
Util- Wes Matthews
Util- Victor Olidipo
Bench- Omer Asik, Ben McLemore, Lou Williams

What yall think?

I had the 9th pick

PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Paul George
G- Jeff Teague
SF- Jeff Green
PF-Pau Gasol
F- Derrick Favors
C- Joakim Noah
C- Marcin Gortat
Util- Wes Matthews
Util- Victor Olidipo
Bench- Omer Asik, Ben McLemore, Lou Williams

What yall think?
drop everyone on your bench. they wont be fantasy relevant (maybe mclemore but that sac back court is crowded)

What is this? Something like this completely destroys a draft strategy. No percentages, you get one fantasy point for every point scored? Merely going after scorers is going to win someone this league. 

PLS RESPOND
i'd find another league. these leagues are made for random noobies to win by luck

Back
Top Bottom