OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

why is rubio ranked so high in yahoo fantasy rankings? the guy is an espn top 10 player with average stats
im wondering the same thing. maybe he worked on his 3s this off season? his steals will be good but i dont see him as a player i would take early

How does my team look NT? It's a 10 team Head to Head Categories league and so my draft strategy wasn't to try and load my team with stars, but for players who excel in certain categories and some who do it all. I had the 8th pick in the draft for reference.
in a 10 team league none of the players on your bench should be owned. maybe lin, but thats about it. you have to have some good FA's in a small league like that

in a 10 team league none of the players on your bench should be owned. maybe lin, but thats about it. you have to have some good FA's in a small league like that
Yeah I'm not really a fan of Lin but he fell to the point where he was a steal. Like I was saying it's a category league so I was looking to improve rebounding and 3 point shooting with Chandler and Morris since I'm set for assists. A lot of free agents are primarily scorers and don't contribute in many other categories. I was looking at possibly switching Morris for Hawes or Seraphin. Here's the best available. 

Yeah I'm not really a fan of Lin but he fell to the point where he was a steal. Like I was saying it's a category league so I was looking to improve rebounding and 3 point shooting with Chandler and Morris since I'm set for assists. A lot of free agents are primarily scorers and don't contribute in many other categories. I was looking at possibly switching Morris for Hawes or Seraphin. Here's the best available. 
i would definitely pick up hawes. his team is terrible so he will be playing a lot of minutes. he can shoot the long ball and give you some extra goodies every night. i would drop morris since you dont know his value until the season starts

I got first pick in my draft tomorrow in a 12 team league. Should I take bron or kd?
id go with lebron. the east got stronger so he will have to do more on the court to get a 1 or 2 spot for his team. kd is the only good player on his team this season until russ gets back and i dont think he will be great every night if hes being double teamed or guarded by the best defenders. cant go wrong with either though

id go with lebron. the east got stronger so he will have to do more on the court to get a 1 or 2 spot for his team. kd is the only good player on his team this season until russ gets back and i dont think he will be great every night if hes being double teamed or guarded by the best defenders. cant go wrong with either though

Yea that's true. I just think durant might end up playing like a mad man until russ comes back and gets settled in and I don't wanna pass up the chance to have that.

Yea that's true. I just think durant might end up playing like a mad man until russ comes back and gets settled in and I don't wanna pass up the chance to have that.
well if you pass on kd for lebron, no one will blame you
laugh.gif
. you pass up 1a for 1b. you win by picking either of them.

ill take kd. more blocks and better free throws. also Miami might blow out a lot of teams causing LeBron to sit out.

anyway check out my team and let me know what you think. 10 player league h2h 9 cat.

1. (1) Kevin Durant (OKC - SF)
2. (20) Damian Lillard (Por - G)
3. (21) Mike Conley (Mem - G)
4. (40) Nikola Vucevic (Orl - PF,C)
5. (41) Klay Thompson (GS - G,SF)
6. (60) Blake Griffin (LAC - PF)
7. (61) Ersan Ilyasova (Mil - SF,PF)
8. (80) Enes Kanter (Uta - C)
9. (81) Kevin Garnett (Bkn - PF,C)
10. (100) Marcin Gortat (Pho - C)
11. (101) Joe Johnson (Bkn - G,SF)
12. (120) Manu Ginobili (SA - G,SF)
13. (121) Danny Granger (Ind - SF)

^ That's a nice team. Only thing is you're gonna struggle a bit with assists so you should probably drop Granger and search your FA for a decent point guard.

Depends on what you want really.

LBJ will probably end up with higher FG%, assists, maybe steals.. and his consistent.
KD will give you way more 3s, supreme FT%. I think more blocks too.

drafted last night...10 team lots of roster spots

PG - Lillard
PG - Conely
SG - DeRozan
SG - K. Martin
G - Calderon
SF - Ariza
SF - Parsons
PF - A. Davis
PF - Love
F - C. Zeller
C - Monroe
C - Hibbert
UTL - Waiters
UTL - Collison

Bench - Antetokounmpo, Brooks, J Anderson, Olynyk, Asik, Bogut, Burke

I think biggest place I'll struggle with I think is points

I got
Derrick Rose
Klay Thompson
Jr Smith
Larry Sanders
Jeff Green
Ryan Anderson
Taj Gibson
Maurice Harkless
Ilyasova
Kirilenko
Anthony Bennett
Wesley Matthews
Kevin Martin

Obviously I got two holes, I only have one point guard and one true center. How best to fill this hole?

I think Steven Adams might be a sleeper as a big man. Would you drop anyone for him?

Is Thompson starting for the Cavs?

If he is, I think I'll drop Varejao for him ..

Or will they be starting together with Bynum out?

Last edited:
Another two mock drafts I did...Please comment/critique:

5th pick:

1. Stephen Curry (GS - PG,SG)
2. Joakim Noah (Chi - PF,C)
3. Tony Parker (SA - PG)
4. David Lee (GS - PF,C)
5. Derrick Favors (Uta - PF,C)
6. Zach Randolph (Mem - PF,C)
7. O.J. Mayo (Mil - SG)
8. Jimmy Butler (Chi - SG,SF)
9. DeMar DeRozan (Tor - SG,SF)
10. Jamal Crawford (LAC - PG,SG)
11. Arron Afflalo (Orl - SG,SF)
12. Jarrett Jack (Cle - PG,SG)
13. Alonzo Gee (Cle - SG,SF)

11th pick:

1. Carmelo Anthony (NY - SF,PF)
2. Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
3. Joakim Noah (Chi - PF,C)
4. David Lee (GS - PF,C)
5. Jose Calderon (Dal - PG)
6. Jonas Valanciunas (Tor - C)
7. O.J. Mayo (Mil - SG)
8. Luol Deng (Chi - SF)
9. Robin Lopez (Por - C)
10. Jamal Crawford (LAC - PG,SG)
11. Tristan Thompson (Cle - PF,C)
12. Isaiah Thomas (Sac - PG)
13. Reggie Jackson (OKC - PG)

2 more spots left open H2H LEAGUE EACH CATEGORY ESPN LIVE DRAFT TONIGHT AT 9:45pm est PM your emails #NT LEAGUE

Yall think it would be smart for me to swap my first pick with the guy in my league that has the 6th pick? The draft is snake order so I have to pretty much wait 24 picks until I get two picks and a lot of the valuable players get taken during that time. I did a mock draft and I wasn't that happy with my results as the first pick:

Kevin Durant
Damian Lillard
Ty Lawson
Greg Manroe
Andre Drummond
Carlos Boozer
Jamal Crawford
Joe Johnson
Jaret Jack
Tristan Thompson
Shawn Marion
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
Isaiah Thomas

Yall think it would be smart for me to swap my first pick with the guy in my league that has the 6th pick? The draft is snake order so I have to pretty much wait 24 picks until I get two picks and a lot of the valuable players get taken during that time. I did a mock draft and I wasn't that happy with my results as the first pick:

Kevin Durant
Damian Lillard
Ty Lawson
Greg Manroe
Andre Drummond
Carlos Boozer
Jamal Crawford
Joe Johnson
Jaret Jack
Tristan Thompson
Shawn Marion
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
Isaiah Thomas
wait...why would you give up your 1st pick for a 6th pick? would you trade lebron for kevin love? that doesnt make sense...

Back
Top Bottom