Official Fantasy Basketball Thread

^ I would consider dropping Afflalo or Gay. Gallinari is coming back soon, and Gay isn't close to returning. Depends on if you're in a daily league or not, if it's a weekly league maybe hold on to Gay for possible finals week.

What are the odds of Gay returning and actually of help in the finals?
I have a buy this week but Gay really got me worried, I rather find out now that he isn't going to play the rest of the season so I can drop him instead of hoping he'll be back for the finals or next week.
Looking to see if I should pick up Lee or George now before they get grabbed.

Also, is Perkins worth keeping right now?
I got KG, R. Anderson, Hibbert, D. Jordan, Aldridge, Evans and Monroe for rebounds and blocks.

odds of gay returning i would say 70% i really dont think hes gonna come back and produce top 10 stats but thats just me, if u got a bye wait it out you never know.
good core of big men, evans and perk are the same so go with either one

should i pick up rip hamilton? jeff green is also available in my league. Thinking about picking up green for Samaro Samuels? Any thoughts?

Anyone know what's up with Hickson right now? He's totally slumping and IDK why because I don't watch Cavs games.

hombre- the whole team is slacking right now, not just hickson. they just got blown out last game and the pg situation isn't very good there with davis replacing sessions soon
cubsfan - i'd pick jeff green up, i can see him playing extended minutes when playoffs are approaching, so the last 2 weeks will probably be good for him. im not sure about rip though, he didn't get to start tonight and you know how his relations are with keuster.

I want to drop aaron brooks...

I have to people i am willing to pick up nendad krstic or Rodrigue Beaubois.

What should I do? Hold onto brooks or no? he has not been productive at all.

I just read that, damn!
DWill is my number one pick but I can't pick anyone up w/o dropping either DWill or Gay.
I need a more solid confirmation on this before pulling the trigger.

Williams to sit out because of wrist?: The New York Post reports Nets guard Deron Williams may be shut down by the team because of his ongoing wrist issues. He re-injured it Friday against the Bucks while bracing a fall. Williams didn't leave the game, but coach Avery Johnson may be forced into action sooner than later. "We're very concerned, and it's something we're going to have a deep discussion about," Johnson said. "We were going to leave him out, but he wanted to go back in. I don't think we can continue every game at this rate." Williams, who scored 18 points on another sub-par shooting night, realizes the danger of the issue -- but isn't one to sit out without a fight. "I need to rest. Until I do that, it's going to hurt and I'm going to continue to be frustrated. It's affecting me mentally now, too," said Williams, who described it as a strained tendon that does not need surgery. "I love playing basketball. I hate sitting out more than anybody. It's tough for me because I don't want to just sit out, but it might be the best thing. We'll see." The Nets lost 110-95.
(Updated 03/19/2011)

Damn, I hate this "DWill will sit and then re-evaluated" thing.
Why can't they just shut him down so I can pick someone up.

Also, I am not sure if it is the same case with everyone but my leagues finals are on week 23 (03/28-04/03), about 1 1/2 weeks before the season ends.
Is it safe to drop Gay since he might not be back in the next 2 weeks? They said he might return before the season ends but that could be in that last 1 1/2 week of the season.
Advice...?

Just do you. Everyone is in the same boat right now. I wish I can just hit up Rudy Gay or Deron Williams and tell them to shut it for the season already. Lol. Tyreke too.

kevin love, felton and chase budinger go down this week. im 1st seed in my league but i think i'll be making a first round exit next week

Yeah I said F it and dropped Gay. No point in holding onto him if I don't make it to the finals.
Chances are he'll probably play like 1-2 games for me in the finals anyways so no point in stashing.
I already missed out on picking up Meeks or Tony Allen for him, now I have to deal with my opponents with those guys.

DWill said he hopes to play on Friday so I guess I got to hold on to him still.

i just went 9-0 against the 2nd place team to take his bye
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Definitely just picked up Dalembert and Farmar.

Kings fans.. do you think Dalembert will get enough minutes to own? Kings play 4 games this week and I need rebounds. Points are an added bounus but I mainly need boards.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^I swooped up Jordan Farmar and dropped Nick Young
ohwell.gif

What's up w/ Young, how long's that knee gonna take?  I also got Tyreke...

My playoffs are this week aka starting today, will Tyreke play this week?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Is Evans taken in your league?
Probably the best option for boards that might be on the FA. 

Tyreke was suppose to return last week no?

Last I read, he needs another week.

^He is. I picked up Dalembert because of wanted to get some cushion on the pts but if he doesn't play well I'm def. going to switch but..

I'm also concerned if Amir Johnson playing well is going to limit Evans minutes. I guess I'll just have to see how today goes with both of these guys.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Kings fans.. do you think Dalembert will get enough minutes to own? Kings play 4 games this week and I need rebounds. Points are an added bounus but I mainly need boards.

Good source of boards. Points are pretty inconsistant, but he is never a safe bet to score
laugh.gif
but he will surprise you. As of late he has been rebounding well. 

So far, Evans has played ahead of Amir Johnson and Ed Davis.
Dalembert will probably score more and with that 4 game week, he might be your best bet.
I just don't trust the Whestpals line-ups, it is almost as inpredicatable as Kuesters.

Back
Top Bottom