OFFICIAL FEBRUARY '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is true right here.

honestly, the phone order stuff is really hit or miss these days. outlets used to allow phone orders and even give free shipping (remember, NIKEFIND?) because they wanted to move products. its all changed now. almost like the outlets are "feeling themselves" and feel like they don't need us Out Of Towners anymore.
Which I don't understand. We are all customers, especially those of us who will go out of our ways for a good deal/product we can't find in our areas. They want to move their product, we want to buy. Seems like that should be as easy as 1+1=2. 

I've had very positive experiences ordering on the phone after a deal was posted. The employee knew the shoe I was describing, knew if my size was left and processed the order quickly. Definitely understand the hit or miss aspect of it but I try to do the survey on the receipt to let nike know when an employee like that is on top of their game and makes for smooth purchasing.

So, no more product holds at Nike outlets and I expect phone orders to go soon too. Nike is able to move products without either of the two.

Good or bad? What are your thoughts?

I expext phone orders to always be around, it's money to be made.

Holds is understandable because people use it to circumvent the system.
the only way i see an end of phone orders is if outlets have uniform pricing (the same product costs the same at every outlet) but even then if a product isnt selling they should still do phone orders. It's not like they offer free shipping.

San Leandro

Selling women's multicolor flyknits for $29.99. Only size 9.5 and bigger.

Saw people buy about 12 in the AM. Might possibly have a restock tomorrow morning.

If something is on sale, wouldn't the sale price ring up on the register for a phone order?

If something is on sale, wouldn't the sale price ring up on the register for a phone order?

the price, yes. but the extra discount is usually a store decision that is not universal and thus a manual adjustment made at the register so they get to choose when and when not to apply it in regards to phone orders

Just a quick question, you can return shoes purchased on Ndc to the outlets if you paid with Paypal? I have a pair of kd's I want to return and do the outlet or factory stores carry fuel bands?

Just a quick question, you can return shoes purchased on Ndc to the outlets if you paid with Paypal? I have a pair of kd's I want to return and do the outlet or factory stores carry fuel bands?

They currently have the original fuel bands for $99. I didnt see the SE version there though

@johnny83 You won't have a issue.

the employee may say you have to return it through nike cause they tell you you can't get the money back through paypal unless its done by sending it back (not true) so just ask for the manager or say you've done it before. Its happened to me several times before but I got the return when I paid with paypal

Last edited:
this is true right here.

honestly, the phone order stuff is really hit or miss these days. outlets used to allow phone orders and even give free shipping (remember, NIKEFIND?) because they wanted to move products. its all changed now. almost like the outlets are "feeling themselves" and feel like they don't need us Out Of Towners anymore.
They don't need out of towners. Why would they? The products people call to place phone orders for sell locally. All phone orders do is make it hectic for employees to try to process them (remember... cashiers answer the phones). It's much easier to just shut down phone orders rather than try to process them. It is TAX SEASON and lines are out the door. You dudes underestimate how many calls these outlets receive after a shoe gets posted on this forum or sneakersteal. Calls every 5 seconds.

Also...

- 30% off phone orders (in-store sales) are against Nike's policy (any employee that did it, was wrong), and the manager most likely only allowed it to get you off the phone because you were being annoying. None of those sales HAVE to be honored.

- Local sales come first... the products will sell regardless.

- Nike outlets DO NOT price match (once again... any employee that did this for you was wrong).

Last edited:
ljzruo ljzruo - whatever you say.... its not like we speak of personal experience or anything. thanks for your attempt.

edit: i'll never even entertain the thought that this dude post's something serious on NT after looking at this post:

I wonder if the mods know (yet) that everything people made up about JRose5 was completely false/photoshopped/fabricated.

Everyone just didn't like him and wanted him out. Lol.

Last edited:

this is true right here.

They don't need out of towners. Why would they? The products people call to place phone orders for sell locally. All phone orders do is make it hectic for employees to try to process them (remember... cashiers answer the phones). It's much easier to just shut down phone orders rather than try to process them. It is TAX SEASON and lines are out the door. You dudes underestimate how many calls these outlets receive after a shoe gets posted on this forum or sneakersteal. Calls every 5 seconds.

Also...

- 30% off phone orders (in-store sales) are against Nike's policy (any employee that did it, was wrong), and the manager most likely only allowed it to get you off the phone because you were being annoying. None of those sales HAVE to be honored.

- Nike outlets DO NOT price match (once again... any employee that did this for you was wrong).
this is part of the reason why im not so big on hunting down pairs i want anymore, i still get the eye of the tiger every blue moon

but i (as many people have) worked in retail and have done tens of thousands of phone orders (worked at a really popular museum and our webstore was down for a few years smh) and all of that is seriously not that hectic or tough to do at all, what always kills me with employees who like to "feel themselves" because they work at ftl/fta/nike is that its seriously not hard work at all, but they somehow justify being difficult because they get paid minimum wage, like cmon man, is it really that hard???????? NO, why are you annoyed that you had to go to the back 8 times and no one decided to buy anything? what were you going to do anyways? im not sayin you have to be one of those fake chippery people (although some people do that because it helps the day go by faster) but attitudes because its so busy are dumb and lack of basic HELP is discarded because "its going to sell anyways" is dumb

but its not that serious, which is why i dont eem entertain the games all these dudes play 

Also...

Thanks for clearing that up, Mark Parker.

Also...

ljzruo ljzruo - whatever you say.... its not like we speak of personal experience or anything. thanks for your attempt.

Right, J... Geez.

My dude, you sound like you work at a Nike outlet or something. If so, there's a chance that I've been doing this since literally before you were born. Most of the policies of which you speak are manager's discretion and/or store-specific. I'm sorry you are overworked for minimum wage, but spamming this thread with false info is not a viable solution to that problem.

Right, J... Geez.

My dude, you sound like you work at a Nike outlet or something. If so, there's a chance that I've been doing this since literally before you were born. Most of the policies of which you speak are manager's discretion and/or store-specific. I'm sorry you are overworked for minimum wage, but spamming this thread with false info is not a viable solution to that problem.

yea they gave me cash when i did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom