Official: FIFA '10 Thread... Vol. eek

Some dude just quit on me when I was beating him 5-2 with the USA.

People online are SO salty when you put 3 in a row on em.

Haha, it happened again.

C'mon now.

Some dude told me online while playing that you get more points when your opponent quits on you. Any truth to this?

Originally Posted by APLX2

Some dude told me online while playing that you get more points when your opponent quits on you. Any truth to this?

I don't think so but I'm not too sure.

I'm up to 7-3-1 now, would be 10 W's if it counted the bastards that quit on me mid match.

Peter Crouch is somehow really good.
laugh.gif

wow this game is intense. playing on ps3 btw, I need to get better at the dribbling since the lil , SQUARE X trick doesnt work anymore.

lol

but man this is piffery.

Add me on PSN, We need a league.

I never played with nt'ers

PSN : OHSNAPITSFUSION

Originally Posted by APLX2

in FIFA09, if dude quit, you still get W as 3 - 0, or if you've scored more than 3 it would show up as x - 0. Cleansheet for you, not sure how FIFA10 worksyet, but im sure it'll be similar.

is there anyway to finish a game without penalty kicks? like just infinite overtime until a golden goal?

Anyone got some good tips for a beginner? I can get the ball downfeild pretty well and almost alwasy get a good cross but never have a guy there to punch itin. Do you have to move a guy there after you cross?

Do you guys use the L1 and rightstick alot? It's alot to get used to.

What formation are you using? Your build up is probably too fast. let your team go forward before you charge down the wing to cross it in. It'll probablyhelp if you have 2 strikers/forwards. Even better if one is a target man.

Honestly, my crosses do most damage during a counter attack.

WHEN SHOOTING THE BALL, DO YOU USE THE LEFT ANALOG TO DIRECT THE BALL OR DO YOU JUST PUSH THE BUTTON TO SHOOT???

I still cant get the shooting right.

I just purchased it last night for Xbox360, played two quick games last night against the CPU, lost by 1, then lost in PK
tired.gif

Anyways, I also bought the 1 year subscription to play online (actually the bundle with the keypad, headphones, and a game)... sooooo I'm ready (haven't played online in a long time)! lol

Add me, I beleive the GT is JayPay (I'll come back and edit if I find out it isn't)

Looking forward to gettting better and smashing y'all... really looking forward to it if y'all set-up a league/tournament.

Also, not sure how late I am and I know it doesn't compare, but a quick FYI - FIFA 10 is out for the iPhone too

Originally Posted by djaward

WHEN SHOOTING THE BALL, DO YOU USE THE LEFT ANALOG TO DIRECT THE BALL OR DO YOU JUST PUSH THE BUTTON TO SHOOT???

I still cant get the shooting right.
Use the left analog to direct the ball. also use L1 + left analog to place kicks to either side of the net.

Mann the game face dont got no hair styles for black people except braids
smh.gif

Got me lookin all bad with the messed up hairlines
laugh.gif

But ive been killin peeps so far Man City is nice
pimp.gif

I'm in a giving mood so I thought I'd write down some tips for my first time American and football-is not-popular-in-my-country gamers
laugh.gif

Good Teams for Beginers
Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich.

Shooting and Scoring
It's generally a good idea to get as close to the goal as possible to make it easier for yourself to score, keep in mind that shooting from range in FIFAis not as easy as shooting a 3 in NBA games. Also try and aim for the corners of the goal especially when you're in a 1 on 1 situation with the goalkeeper.In this FIFA I've found that when coming at goal from the wings you should try and shoot for the near post as usually the shots go in between the keeperand the post.
Shooting from range is only really an option when there's a bit of space in front of you, so if there is push the ball out in front of your player slightlyby pressing sprint and unleash the shot at around half or 3/4 power. If you're lucky it should rattle the net, again try to aim for the corners and shootusing your good long range shooters.

Defending
When defending I usually send a computer controlled defender to track the opposition player that has the ball with the Circle button on the PS3 pad. While thecomputer does that move the player you control in to any empty space that you think the opposition could capitalise on. If you think there's no space tocover than help out the computer by hanging behind him just in case the opposition dribbles past him. Other general things to remember is to try and stick toyour teams shape when defending, If you're playing a 4-4-2, like Man Utd have as default, then don't drag one of your midfielders out of position allthe time or you risk being a man or two short when the opposition counter attack.

General Play
FIFA 10 is a great football game because it allows you to pass the ball around like no other game, so capitalise on this and always keep the ball moving, youdon't have to only go forward desperately. If there's no where to go spray the ball across your defence and the in to the midfield, look to the wings,if there is nothing on then come back through the middle until some space opens up. Despite all the talk in this topic about headers, I find them the hardestway to score a goal so remember that using the wings is not your only option.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if anyone needs anything else let me know
nerd.gif

Game is way more realistic then last year.

The shooting is hard, but for the guy on 360 try using R1. It works pretty good for me.

My simple tips for beginners...

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND WHEN YOUR GOALIE GETS THE BALL. Whenever your goalie gets the ball, simply try to kick it up field as far as possible. Too many timesI've intercepted the ball and scored an easy goal whenever my opponent attempts a short passe with their goalie.

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND ON DEFENSE. Make smart plays, do not make passes into the middle because they'll be easily intercepted by the opposition'sforwards. When you get possession of the ball in your box, either make a quick pass to the wings or just clear it. When you are chasing a ball that is deep inyour zone and a striker is breathing down your back, either try to clear it quickly or kick it outsides towards the sidelines.

-Once you get the ball and your ready to build up an attack, briefly check out the field map located on the bottom of the screen to see who is open. Build upyour attack by making short passes between your attackers and then make long passes whenever you see a hole in your opponent's defense.

-Do not hold onto the ball for too long unless you are closing in on your opponent's net. Defending on FIFA 10 is much improved and the game usually givesthe advantage to defenders. The longer you hold onto the ball, the more likely defenders will close in on you and the rest of your attackers.

-Overall, just try to keep the ball for as long as possible. You do this by checking the field map, making short passes and not carelessly giving up possessionin your own half. I try to aim for over 55% possession. Remember that the more you have the ball, the less likely it is for your opponent to score.

-My final tip is to use a 4-5-1 formation when you're playing a superior team or someone who is better than you. I love this formation because you have twodeep lying central midfielders who help your defense but also keep possession for your team. Once you get the ball you can just pass it out to your two wingersand burn your opponents on the counter-attack. Too many times in FIFA 09 I beat much superior teams by using this formation and remaining patient. I rememberone game I only managed 1 shot on target in the 117th minute and it ended up being the winner
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND WHEN YOUR GOALIE GETS THE BALL. Whenever your goalie gets the ball, simply try to kick it up field as far as possible. Too many times I've intercepted the ball and scored an easy goal whenever my opponents make short passes from by their goalies.

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND ON DEFENSE. Make smart plays, do not make passes into the middle because they'll be easily intercepted by the opposition's forwards. When you get possession of the ball in your box, either make a quick pass to the wings or just clear it. When you are chasing a ball that is deep in your zone and a striker is breathing down your back, either try to clear it quickly or kick it outsides towards the sidelines.

-Once you get the ball and your ready to build up an attack, briefly check out the field map located on the bottom of the screen to see who is open. Build up your attack by making short passes between your attackers and then make long passes whenever you see a hole in your opponent's defense.

-Do not hold onto the ball for too long with any player other than when you are closing in on your opponent's net. Defending on FIFA 10 is much improved and the game usually gives the advantage to defenders. The longer you hold onto the ball, the more likely defenders will close in on you and the rest of your attackers.

-Overall, just try to keep the ball for as long as possible. You do this by checking the field map, making short passes and not carelessly giving up possession in your own half. I try to aim for over 55% possession. Remember that the more you have the ball, the less likely it is for your opponent to score.

-My final tip is to use a 4-5-1 formation when you're playing a team or someone who is better than you. I love this formation because you have two deep lying central midfielders who help your defense but also keep possession for your team. Once they get the ball they can just pass it out to your two wingers and burn your opponents on the counter-attack. Too many times in FIFA 09 I beat much superior teams by using this formation and remaining patient. I remember one game I only managed 1 shot on target in the 117th minute and it ended up being the winner
pimp.gif
basically, know the game of soccer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND WHEN YOUR GOALIE GETS THE BALL. Whenever your goalie gets the ball, simply try to kick it up field as far as possible. Too many times I've intercepted the ball and scored an easy goal whenever my opponents make short passes from by their goalies.

-DO NOT FOOL AROUND ON DEFENSE. Make smart plays, do not make passes into the middle because they'll be easily intercepted by the opposition's forwards. When you get possession of the ball in your box, either make a quick pass to the wings or just clear it. When you are chasing a ball that is deep in your zone and a striker is breathing down your back, either try to clear it quickly or kick it outsides towards the sidelines.

-Once you get the ball and your ready to build up an attack, briefly check out the field map located on the bottom of the screen to see who is open. Build up your attack by making short passes between your attackers and then make long passes whenever you see a hole in your opponent's defense.

-Do not hold onto the ball for too long with any player other than when you are closing in on your opponent's net. Defending on FIFA 10 is much improved and the game usually gives the advantage to defenders. The longer you hold onto the ball, the more likely defenders will close in on you and the rest of your attackers.

-Overall, just try to keep the ball for as long as possible. You do this by checking the field map, making short passes and not carelessly giving up possession in your own half. I try to aim for over 55% possession. Remember that the more you have the ball, the less likely it is for your opponent to score.

-My final tip is to use a 4-5-1 formation when you're playing a team or someone who is better than you. I love this formation because you have two deep lying central midfielders who help your defense but also keep possession for your team. Once they get the ball they can just pass it out to your two wingers and burn your opponents on the counter-attack. Too many times in FIFA 09 I beat much superior teams by using this formation and remaining patient. I remember one game I only managed 1 shot on target in the 117th minute and it ended up being the winner
pimp.gif
basically, know the game of soccer.
laugh.gif
Well, a lot of people play games like FIFA, NHL, Madden, etc. simply because they are fun and not because they are fans of the sport. FIFA is justa fun game overall whether you're a fan of soccer or not. If you just follow some simple rules you can beat over 60% of your opponents online.

Back
Top Bottom