Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

i havent played as much as i would have liked but i will have a marathon gamin session soon. I love the co-op online seasons, might be my favorite new feature.

Anyone getting a (ps3) NT pro club team going?

IegEL8z.gif

Been scoring obscene 30+ yard finesse shots all night with Reus. They need to patch these asap.

Because I have nobody else to tell...

I just finished my final manager mode season on fifa 13 world class difficulty

63-0-0

Scored over 400 goals. I'm proud and embarrassed :lol:

And apparently these patches still haven't been made so still gunna hold off on copping and just enjoy gta online for the next month or so.

Last edited:
^team? I'm 2 seasons in as Gala in Serie A. 1st year got promoted

Villarreal

My first season also got promoted and won the Copa del Rey. Going against Barca with my prize acquisition of the transfer window Tello and dropping four goals with him at the camp nou with my second division team will go down in my personal video game history :lol:

I basically "beat the game" if it's possible to do in manager mode a few seasons ago. Basically had world football monopolized.

Elaboration in spoiler:
Used money from winnings and being very active and smart with transfers to get all the best in prime players, and then had surplus money to buy the elite regen players when they were young. And had a 5star scout bringing in talent I can sell/keep.

It basically became a machine and when one player got old another young player was entering his prime and ready to step in and pick up right where the last player left off.

And because I had all the elite players, the other teams obviously had zero elite players. Besides the ones I'd loan them that the stupid AI would rarely play. I remember going against AC Milan in the CL final and on the day of the match recalling their star striker that I loaned them for a fee of a few mil just to flex :pimp:

But yea since you're building with a small club like I did, do not overlook the value of stamina. Don't buy players that I refer to as luxury players. Players who are expensive and great, but can't give you two matches per week, every week.

Villarreal

My first season also got promoted and won the Copa del Rey. Going against Barca with my prize acquisition of the transfer window Tello and dropping four goals with him at the camp nou with my second division team will go down in my personal video game history :lol:

I basically "beat the game" if it's possible to do in manager mode a few seasons ago. Basically had world football monopolized.

Elaboration in spoiler:
Used money from winnings and being very active and smart with transfers to get all the best in prime players, and then had surplus money to buy the elite regen players when they were young. And had a 5star scout bringing in talent I can sell/keep.

It basically became a machine and when one player got old another young player was entering his prime and ready to step in and pick up right where the last player left off.

And because I had all the elite players, the other teams obviously had zero elite players. Besides the ones I'd loan them that the stupid AI would rarely play. I remember going against AC Milan in the CL final and on the day of the match recalling their star striker that I loaned them for a fee of a few mil just to flex :pimp:

But yea since you're building with a small club like I did, do not overlook the value of stamina. Don't buy players that I refer to as luxury players. Players who are expensive and great, but can't give you two matches per week, every week.

64-0-0 and 400 goals :wow: thats impressive man. i kinda had the same strategy going with granada (spain). seeing your talented players grow and reward you for putting them on the field at the age of 16-17 (small and weak) :smokin too bad i couldnt play online with my team though.

I never had no perfect record or 400 goals under my belt lol. I started my Gala team like 2 months after I got '13 but never touched it until now. I know I wanted to F around but going back after some months to the team I thought wtf was I thinking? I sold my best young CB who was Turkish to Juve, be it in mind my goal was to build a Turkish/Brasilian super team, and sent young Turkish talent out on loan. I never call them back lol. Plus my formation is a 3-4-3 with the mid a diamond and almost a false 9 up top. If you search throughout the game there's some crazy formations teams use especially 2nd div Italy.

As for luxury I agree, I've had other careers with Mata and Hazard barely going for a full match without tiring out. And I'm building my team a certain way so the "luxuries" I'm going for are Turan and Sahin. Felipe melo and Drogbas old and Snejider will last me until Colak is old enough to take the #10 spot. He's 22 and OVR 78

i actually won the 2014 world cup using Turkey. don't remember the exact lineup I used, but I ran with their default formation. Yilmaz is a beast just gotta keep feeding him in the box. he gets in good positions and his shot is lethal.

Inan is also legit.

64-0-0 and 400 goals :wow: thats impressive man. i kinda had the same strategy going with granada (spain). seeing your talented players grow and reward you for putting them on the field at the age of 16-17 (small and weak) :smokin too bad i couldnt play online with my team though.

nah eff that man I wasn't playing no 16 or 17 year old, left their ***** in the youth academy until they were threatening to leave the team :lol:

only 17 year old i ever played was luke shaw in my first season. liked his height and athleticism at LB (reminded me of Capdevilla without the shot.) he was an instant upgrade at LB in my first season and had great potential. bought him for like 3 mil and sold him to Chelsea after a few seasons for 11mil after I got Jordi Alba (who's a monster, crazy versatile as a defender or midfielder and excellent stamina)

i didn't start using the youth academy until after my team was established. by then I had an identity of running with only fast versatile players with good stamina in a 4-2-4 so it was hard to get good youth players with great speed that fit. the regen players would all be crazy fast and fit in better with my team's identity so those were the guys I was looking for. used the youth academy as more of like a farm system to make money off of.

and by the way I didn't start using a 4-2-4 as some cheese system against the CPU. the default formation was a 4-2-2-2 and the LAM and RAM would just half *** defend running up and down getting tired for no reason. so i made the adjustment to just push them forward. they were able to conserve energy and I didn't have turnstiles as defenders throwing me off.

Last edited:
Jus got the game today, even though I lost my first opening game, I can already tell ima love it.

Been playing the demo since it dropped. Finally scored my first goal in FIFA history.

Im confident to cop the next gen version now.

Been playing the demo since it dropped. Finally scored my first goal in FIFA history.

Damn b, props for sticking with it

For whatever reason I've always found it more difficult to score in the demos. I've been playing since fifa 06, once I finally learned how to score it was really rewarding cuz the game got crazy fun from there.

But u should definitely try lowering the difficulty.

Last edited:

I swear I only scored like twice in the demo :lol:

My arsenal career isnt going so good .. in 5th place right now 10 pts behind 4th. Europa here i am

My record is like 14-16-3. ive never drew this many games before

I played, and tied, all the big clubs in our first meetings. Just lost to Liverpool, Chelsea, United, and City all in a row :x :x .. I was dominating possession, attempts, etc and then they score in the 80th minute and the momentum switches and I end up losing like 3-0 :lol:

At least Spurs are in 7th :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom