Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

^4-4-2 diamond

If you don't mind, can you break it down for me.

I know that the numbers reflect the number of players on each level but what determines a good formation.

When u scroll over a formation a diagram illustrates how it looks.

Examples are a 4-3-3 which means 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

Something like a 4-2-3-1 will have 4 defenders, 2 central defensive midfielders, 3 more attacking midfielders, and one striker.

A good formation usually depends on the personnel of the team and the style in which you want to play.

I've noticed from past fifas that noobs usually do well with the 4-3-3 if they just abuse speedy players.

I'm having some trouble with getting good first touches in this game, any tips gaiz

^4-4-2 diamond

If you don't mind, can you break it down for me.

I know that the numbers reflect the number of players on each level but what determines a good formation.

When u scroll over a formation a diagram illustrates how it looks.

Examples are a 4-3-3 which means 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

Something like a 4-2-3-1 will have 4 defenders, 2 central defensive midfielders, 3 more attacking midfielders, and one striker.

A good formation usually depends on the personnel of the team and the style in which you want to play.

I've noticed from past fifas that noobs usually do well with the 4-3-3 if they just abuse speedy players.

I dont know about online play but in career mode you go to formations and press X (xbox) and you can customize your formation..

A good, solid formation will have a good mix of attack and defense. my personal favorite is a 4-2-3-1 but i move the RDM up a little bit and change him to a RCM to be a bit more attacking. it all depends on the team you use, how you want to play, etc..

another important thing for formations is changing the players work rates. It makes a huge difference. I like to have to have attacking LB/RB so I change their work rates accordingly

Post your team and im sure we can help you come up with a good formation

I'm having some trouble with getting good first touches in this game, any tips gaiz

Holding LT when youre about to receive the ball makes a HUGE difference, but i never do it for some reason :smh: .. holding it when you dribble is crucial too... i gotta learn to do it

i stay having terrible touches though.. the other day i was playing against my boy and i was having **** touches the whole game. I said "CMON GUYS WHERES THE TOUCHES TODAY???" and right after that the ball went bing bing bing boom .. bounced off 3-4 of my players .. like we were practicing one touch triangle passes :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Played against RM in Seasons and Cristiano **** on me with a bicycle kick goal on the 12th minute. Never turned off my XBOX so quickly
happy.gif

This video can help but what he doesnt say in the video is that you should also try point in the direction you want to go with your analog stick. Like Messi in the beginning he point the controller to the left. In the video when he explains trapping the ball and freeze frames it :smile:32 seconds), that's a good time to point in the direction you want to go, in the video's case not only is he trapping the ball with Neymar but pointing the analog stick left to continue forward.

So now you must decide when playing to secure the ball if your pressured (while take Neymar in the freeze frame) to either point the direction right to run towards whoever was bottom right of the screen to Neymar (Xavi?) or just one touch pass to Xavi. This is IF Gibbs (?) was way closer to Neymar in the freeze frame

:42 seconds is an example of what I said, receiving the ball but running back for security

Think I'm goign to stick with Juventus in Seasons for a bit. Defense is tough and Tevez is untouchable.

Straight up, how do you defend crosses? My bro kill me everytime with the corner cross into some sort of headbutt! Makes me rage soo bad.

Straight up, how do you defend crosses? My bro kill me everytime with the corner cross into some sort of headbutt! Makes me rage soo bad.

usually people who cheese with crossing are one dimensional

force him to play through the middle of the field (same way you force a person who can only drive with their right hand in basketball to drive left)

if he gets to the wing then step one is to try blocking and getting in front of the cross. Use X on ps or A on xbox to help with keeping you in front and blocking the cross. also there's probably more of a break down happening before the cross is even made. like you getting beat and then forcing your center back (who's supposed to be in the box preventing headers) to help out on the wing on the crosser. so play better initial D and don't take gambles, just try to be solid and keep a fortress of disciplined defenders who try keeping their shape.

once the cross is made, make sure you switch onto the defender who should be guarding it, get in front of his man trying to head it if you can, or just push on him to create contact and throw him off, and press O or B depending on your system to jump up and head it out, making sure you do a decent job at timing the jump.

Last edited:
BTW DaBottom has such great strong post to username ratio in this thread 
laugh.gif

congrats on division 10 championship though, now stay in division 9 brah

Last edited:
Got my *** kicked by Eardrumologist lol
dude, you shouldn't have picked Florentina. They're not a good match up against Chelseas D. Should have went with Juventus. lol

good game though.

I didn't realize how slow those guys were, smh..

BTW DaBottom has such great strong post to username ratio in this thread :lol:

I was gonna get Madden but I think I'll just keep playing this game til next football season. I gotta get at least 50 wins, lol

Got my *** kicked by Eardrumologist lol
dude, you shouldn't have picked Florentina. They're not a good match up against Chelseas D. Should have went with Juventus. lol

good game though.

I didn't realize how slow those guys were, smh..

BTW DaBottom has such great strong post to username ratio in this thread :lol:

I was gonna get Madden but I think I'll just keep playing this game til next football season. I gotta get at least 50 wins, lol

FIFA >>>

keep playing . Once you get better its addicting :smh:

Update on my career.

Went the 6 seasons, never won a champions league :frown: .. i think i won the epl maybe once or twice. ended up winning the 2018 world cup with Germany. my club career has been a failure

I originally planned to go 6 seasons, but my team is too good right now. no one is old and declining or anything. Modric is the only one going down but hes still an 88

My created player has 98 shot power :lol: . Benteke has 97 finishing 97 shot power 95 penalties

This is gonna be a fun season. about to abuse those two..

I need to find a good way to look for regenerations in the marketplace. I dont like this new marketplace.. I liked the other ones wayyyy better

Last edited:
Ibra retiring at 33 in my career.

Was gonna sign him too :smh:

You tried to get him and it said hes retiring at the end of the season? sucks, he would have a ridiculous regeneration if he retired on your team.

I tried to keep Mertesacker on my squad until he retired but hes in the low 70s at like 31 so i had to let him go :lol:

FYI: for those who dont know what a regeneration is, in career mode when a player retires the game creates a new player, usually with ridiculous stats. Thats why its a good idea to keep someone whos relatively old (like ibra) on your squad until they retire

So. I'm a striker in Career Mode. Play for my club (RM). Playing with the GOAT Ronaldo should be fun, right? Somewhat. I NEVER GET ANY PT. Leading the league with 27 goals up through March. Team signed Falcao And play Bale at the striker position too :smh: I don't want to leave Madrid, but I may have to. Benzema got fed up and left :lol: Jesé too. Praying for a virtual ACL year for Falcao.

Back
Top Bottom