::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Its rough. Ive been watching since the 60th minute and Japan cannot finish one run. 

u00JJFE.jpg

can't believe they can't score.. :x

523039-krillinfacepalm.png

Last edited:
That's what happens when you run into 7 Greece players in the box. You cant get a decent chance and there's no way Japan's gonna float a cross into the box for a shot on goal. Credit to the keeper too, he's been making the saves he needs to.

Just cant believe how many times these Greece players are diving in the box.

that was frustrating. No touch in their passes from Japan. 

such a bad game. enough of that.

Looking at group standings.

USA at minimum has to draw with Portugal to get through right?

I don't see Ghana beating Germany.

If US Draws they are in and Portugal & Ghana don't have any chance.

Correct ?

We should get in with a Portugal draw and a Ghana loss to Germany. Not guarantees in this scenario tho.

In simple terms:

Win twice, advance to the knockout stage.
Win once and draw once, advance.
Draw twice, advance.
Win once and lose once, almost certainly advance (there’s one highly unlikely mathematical exception).
Lose twice, and almost certainly go out (there’s one highly unlikely mathematical exception).
Draw once and lose once, and it gets complicated. It’s considerably better for the U.S. to draw against Portugal and lose to Germany than the other way around.

Last edited:
Looking at group standings.

USA at minimum has to draw with Portugal to get through right?

I don't see Ghana beating Germany.

If US Draws they are in and Portugal & Ghana don't have any chance.

Correct ?

Portugal would have to make up 5 goals in the last game if we draw them

So they would make it if they beat Ghana 3-0 and Germany beats us 3-0

long lunch coming for me tomorrow :lol:

I've been planning my workdays 12-on for WC viewing :lol: . I have to sit at my desk with the games on muted, but it's better than nothing.

Hoping tomorrow I'll be by my desk for Italy.

View media item 1036139

:lol:

thank god for watchespn, huh?

i usually pick the best matchup of the day and watch that one on the big tv in the break/kitchen area. typically it's been the noon (PST) matchup. otherwise, it's on the iPad at my desk with headphones :lol:

:lol:

thank god for watchespn, huh?

i usually pick the best matchup of the day and watch that one on the big tv in the break/kitchen area. typically it's been the noon (PST) matchup. otherwise, it's on the iPad at my desk with headphones :lol:

At first I had the games playing on my phone, and then I realized I can access WatchESPN from the main site. Having to minimize here and there because my boss is jumpy is annoying, but again, I'm making it work.

In fact, yesterday I mistakenly left the Spain game tab open when I stepped out my room, and my co-worker next to me came clutch and switched tabs in case my boss walked in :smokin .

Last edited:
I hate the time slots for the best matches on the west coast. I usually get to catch the first half of the 9 am and the last 5 mins of the 12 pm games if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom