::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

So say the US losses by two and Portugal wins by three.. what happens then? Flip a coin?

Last edited:
Taylor Twellman @TaylorTwellman · 13m

Was just told slow Zusi sub added 1 extra minute of time. Was 4' then 4th official changed board when he walked slowly. #USA

So say the US losses by two and Portugal wins by three.. what happens then? Flip a coin?

Goes by number of goals scored.

If the U.S. loses to Germany, then it would all depend on what happened in the Ghana-Portugal game, and the Americans would have to rely on goal difference. As of right now, the U.S. have a +1 goal difference, two better than Ghana’s -1 and five better than Portugal’s -4.

If the U.S. loses to Germany, they will be hoping that Portugal beats Ghana by a small margin, with the Americans not giving up too many goals to Germany.

If, by some chance, the U.S. loses to Germany and is tied with Ghana or Portugal in goal difference, the next tiebreaker is total goals scored. The U.S. scored 4 goals in the first two games. Ghana has scored 3; Portugal has scored 2.

Last edited:
I fell alsleep right after each team was allotted a water break (0-1). Woke up and it was 2-1 US just to witness that final kick. What a heartbreaker after coming back and being within seconds of advancing to the next round.

so can germany and usa just agree to draw the game and both advance?
Why ties are
sick.gif
eliminate them

Taylor Twellman @TaylorTwellman · 13m

Was just told slow Zusi sub added 1 extra minute of time. Was 4' then 4th official changed board when he walked slowly. #USA
I noticed that sub took so long and to top it off Howard wasn't even ready to kickoff! He was still walking with the ball after all that sub time.

If the U.S. loses to Germany, then it would all depend on what happened in the Ghana-Portugal game, and the Americans would have to rely on goal difference. As of right now, the U.S. have a +1 goal difference, two better than Ghana’s -1 and five better than Portugal’s -4.

If the U.S. loses to Germany, they will be hoping that Portugal beats Ghana by a small margin, with the Americans not giving up too many goals to Germany.

If, by some chance, the U.S. loses to Germany and is tied with Ghana or Portugal in goal difference, the next tiebreaker is total goals scored. The U.S. scored 4 goals in the first two games. Ghana has scored 3; Portugal has scored 2.
Goals scored OK thanks

Last edited:
[emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji] took a while to get over that but damn. Bradley literally could've kicked the ball as hard as he could toward Tim Howard, the portugal goal, the sideline, the corner,fallen down :lol: and that wouldn't happen. That US Germany snooze fest 0-0 draw tho [emoji]128526[/emoji]

You could fake an injury? Just kick the ball into the stands? Just stayed back on D knowing they had to go for the score with 29 seconds left?

:rofl:

:smh:

Upset at Cameron a little more than Bradley tbh. That first goal and not marking Varela at the end.

so can germany and usa just agree to draw the game and both advance?

:nthat:

Yeah that's what's gonna happen. I don't get people saying they'll be investigated :lol: both teams have a clear shot through with a tie, you can make a soccer match need in a tie without it being suspicious.

Plus what does Germany or the USA owe Ghana or Portugal? If Portugal don't get mollywhopped by Germany they wouldn't be in this position and if Ghana defended one last set piece they wouldn't either. They made their own bed, you can't let your hope ride on another team and then cry sour grapes after te fact. Us and Germany both have injured players, why risk more when you'll have another round to go? Just the smart move to tie. This isn't on some Luis Suarez hand ball goal line block stuff.

Last edited:
The people at the bar I was at were going OD hard at Ronaldo. Dude is Satan to them for some reason

I noticed that sub took so long and to top it off Howard wasn't even ready to kickoff! He was still walking with the ball after all that sub time.

same thing happened to the women in 2011 against Japan

faking injuries and slow subs sometimes adds extra time to extra time :smh:

I don't see why people hype Bradley up either. He loses the ball a lot and seems out of shape and reluctant to help on defense.

Bradley is so overrated man. On any other country thats even somewhat average hes a sub imo

Back
Top Bottom