::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

I actually don't agree with the folks saying soccer is still a middle and upper class sport. It may have been in the "soccer mom" 90s, but when you go to Riverside Park in NYC , for example, it's all immigrants playing. Those guys are going to be the next generation of American players.

I actually don't agree with the folks saying soccer is still a middle and upper class sport. It may have been in the "soccer mom" 90s, but when you go to Riverside Park in NYC , for example, it's all immigrants playing. Those guys are going to be the next generation of American players.

Yeah but those kids will go nowhere playing in the park. Even if they joined a rec league they might as well practice in their backyard. It's expensive playing at a high level, something like Comp., and especially with all the travel for tournaments. It's the reason I stopped playing Comp., because my parents couldn't afford it.

Too bad I don't like the USMNT. My girl's cousin is marrying a dude who gets all the free gear he wants because his dad played for the USMNT and now scouts for them.

Flu bug making its way through Germany squad. 7 to 11 players affected. Reports indicate Muller may be one of them

According to FIFA's Castrol Index, David Luiz is officially the best player of the tournament so far...

1. David Luiz (9.79)
2. James Rodriguez (9.74)
3. Karim Benzema (9.7)
4. Arjen Robben (9.66)
5. Jan Vertonghen (9.62)
6. Neymar (9.59)
7. Thiago Silva (9.56)
8. Ivan Perisic (9.53)
9. Johan Djourou (9.5)
10. Thomas Mueller (9.48)

That was dope but they could've Atleast used fifa 14 graphics in the video

Yeah but those kids will go nowhere playing in the park. Even if they joined a rec league they might as well practice in their backyard. It's expensive playing at a high level, something like Comp., and especially with all the travel for tournaments. It's the reason I stopped playing Comp., because my parents couldn't afford it.

Hit the nail on the head.

One of my homies in high school was pretty legit and he had offers from a couple of places to get into their academies and stuff. This was during high school. Son said his parents said no because they didn't have the money. :smh:

He's not the only one too, i know a couple of other ppl that didn't take it to the next level either due to injury or their parents just couldn't cover that hefty price.

I somtimes ask myself if they watch soccer games and tell themselves that could of been them.

That existential crisis man.

Aye wey, pasame la camiseta del los EEUU del 2012. No la puedo encontrar a buen precio :nerd:

There's also a Cuban and me I'm white :lol: only one guy from aregentina he's actually not that skilled lol

LoL

I bet the guatemalans are good then.
The older guatemalans think they are Andrea Pirlo LOL they like to make the fancy passes and get mad if you dont score after every one of their passes. I played with one last week (early 40s) and he said before the game he was gonna give me like 10 assists so I better score....El Chapin.

Some argentines can be jerks. They think just cuz messi and maradona are argentines they will automatically be as good too LOL
Dude you suck dont just come in thinking your gonna be the attacking mid just cuz your parents were born in Buenos Aires LOL one argentine a few weeks back asked me if my last name was Tevez (i was rocking the black man united tevez jersey) i gave him the :stoneface:
Dude are you even argentine?

Atleast thats my experience with my peoples.

Last edited:
thats awesome! i love packed games! cant wait for our stadium to open up.
Idk which image is real but i heard this one is what our stadium will look like, i love the design alot
View media item 1058467
I'd definitely consider going to more D.C. United games if they moved out of RFK...place is a dump. Apparently the new stadium that was proposed to be right next to Nats park has stalled.

Stadium looks dope though :pimp: :

View media item 1059613
View media item 1059614
View media item 1059615
View media item 1059618
View media item 1059620
View media item 1059623

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_spot...deep_analysis_of_how_soccer_players_fold.html

laugh.gif

I remember watching the intros and everyone folding their arms and wondering what if some of them refused and wanted to do a cooler pose.

That's a good point. Hopefully the success of the USMNT will push them to spend more money on youth development programs... Which would include scouting and training kids from places like these.

The wealthy kids are less likely to devote their lives to sports anyways.

If colombia beats brasil all hell gonna break loose but then again would brasil fans be even shocked? That team is rolling

If colombia beats brasil all hell gonna break loose but then again would brasil fans be even shocked? That team is rolling

I'm on the Colombia bandwagon but this is a big step up in competition and it'll be the first time the crowd will be against them

Back
Top Bottom