OFFICIAL Fight Night Round 4 Thread: New Controller scheme for you cheaters!... for free

This joint lookin kinda weak to me
eyes.gif

Seen a vid of Foreman v. Frazier & they were moving way too fast, trading punches like flyweights or somethin...
sick.gif

That, on top of the fact that they removed the parry system & put in a block meter, is shaping this joint up to be a straight button masher with a sweetroster...

Ugh i'll pass bring on UFC Undisputed thanx

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

eyes.gif

Seen a vid of Foreman v. Frazier & they were moving way too fast, trading punches like flyweights or somethin...
sick.gif

That, on top of the fact that they removed the parry system & put in a block meter, is shaping this joint up to be a straight button masher with a sweet roster...

I'll cosign on the speed of gameplay. FNR3 was a perfect, realistic pace.

But the removal of the parry system and the block meter, how can you not like? Swatting a hook to leave your opponent immobile for 3 seconds isn'trealistic.

And with no face buttons anymore, FNR4 will definitely not be a button-masher.

And trust my word, if you played as both Shogun and Iceman in the UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED demo, then you've played 2/3 of the roster.
wink.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

eyes.gif

sick.gif

That, on top of the fact that they removed the parry system & put in a block meter, is shaping this joint up to be a straight button masher with a sweet roster...

But the removal of the parry system and the block meter, how can you not like? Swatting a hook to leave your opponent immobile for 3 seconds isn't realistic.

And trust my word, if you played as both Shogun and Iceman in the UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED demo, then you've played 2/3 of the roster.
wink.gif
tired.gif
Im think more about the fact that all ou have to do is hold a button & joystick to throw a haymaker now... Coupled with the lack of parry& a block meter all you gonna get is haymaker spam until your block breaks... I feel what you sayin about the counter it was way too long on most punchesbut it could have been altered imo instead of omitted all together... I enjoy using the Philly Shell & counterin the %#@ outta bammas on Rd 3 but now itsjust gonna be straight offense...

& UFC's got like 25-30 dudes on it i believe but even if it was 10 the gameplay gonna be better than this arcadey joint here...

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

eyes.gif

sick.gif

But the removal of the parry system and the block meter, how can you not like? Swatting a hook to leave your opponent immobile for 3 seconds isn't realistic.
wink.gif
tired.gif

dudes doing the equivalent of button mashing with the stick already
smh.gif
, i lovedround 3 but i have a feeling im gonna be playing ufc undisputed more, im just more into mma than the sweet science, but ill still probably pick up round 4

yeah, you're right about 2/3 of the stand up styles being represented in the demo but i doubt its that general, i think stats are gonna have a lot to dowith making the characters feel different, also something tells me that the ground game is going to be where people pull their hair out and im ready for them
laugh.gif

as for fight night round 4, i dont expect to get too deep into it but maybe im wrong, we'll see come june, i am excited for online championship modethough, ready to put these stick mashers to shame

i personally would love to see a 3rd party fightpad for this game other than the PS3 controller because my right stick is already loose as it is.

WALKTHROUGH 1-3....

i was hyped as hell about this game til i read about the possibility of paid DLC boxers...thats really weak.

that's like charging people to unlock the lakers in nba 2k9 or something...

For all the people that are mad Mayweather isn't in the game,
you still can play as Whitaker, a boxer which imo had better defense than Mayweather did.

No PBF is a major let down

And if he is a paid DLC boxer that would be a even bigger let down since I don't like playing online

But I'm still very excited about this!!

Any info on career mode??..I pray that its long and a lot more stuff to do, rather then make it to the top and defend the belt a few times and game over

......demo to star manny vs. hatton

^^from an interview with producer Mike Mahar

What kind of career mode will Fight Night Round 4 have?

We're calling our career mode the Legacy mode. You start off creating a boxer from the ground up in an amateur tournament, which you can now simulate.We're letting players choose which boxers they fight against, including boxers they've created. Your boxer will start off as a prospect and slowly workhis way up the ladder to contender, champ, hall of famer, superstar, and the ultimate goal - the greatest ever. Winning fights is important, but so is the waythat you box in these fights.

i was so pissed that holyfield wasnt in round 3 for ps3 now ill have holyfield and tyson sooooooo happy

eyes.gif

sick.gif

Dude talks about Round 4 looking like a button masher and proceeds to praise Undisputed. Have you played the UFC Demo (It seems like a very good game) it'spretty complex but it actually is a button masher.
laugh.gif

And I saw the Foreman fight too, it's more realistic. Heavyweights still don't punch as fast as they do in real life, I don't know how you can saythey're moving to fast. Round 3 was slow and sluggish, great game for it's time but it's good to see them taking steps to improve the game.

And if you watched the reviews, they made up for the relative ease of throwing haymakers by being able to see them a mile away. Haymakers are not gonna beoverly effective. I swear you're praising every thing that was wrong with Round 3.
laugh.gif

*looks at sn*

Awwww I see.

Im think more about the fact that all ou have to do is hold a button & joystick to throw a haymaker now... Coupled with the lack of parry & a block meter all you gonna get is haymaker spam until your block breaks... I feel what you sayin about the counter it was way too long on most punches but it could have been altered imo instead of omitted all together... I enjoy using the Philly Shell & counterin the %#@ outta bammas on Rd 3 but now its just gonna be straight offense...

& UFC's got like 25-30 dudes on it i believe but even if it was 10 the gameplay gonna be better than this arcadey joint here...
Is that how you defensively played FNR3, though? You used the parry system, but never truly counterpunched by ducking/dodging shots?

I guess I can understand where you're coming from if you favored the parry system over true counterpunching.

And UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED has 80 in the roster.

But I'm not lying to you when I say that you played 2/3 of the game if you played the demo (with 3 standing styles and 3 ground styles).

And between the FNR4 and UFC '09, FNR4 is far from a button-masher in comparison.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

i personally would love to see a 3rd party fightpad for this game other than the PS3 controller because my right stick is already loose as it is.

WALKTHROUGH 1-3....

Game looks amazing.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom