***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

@trentbg I was thinking more about what you said earlier. I gave it more thought to why they didn't make the midsole the same. It was a good theory what you said earlier but at the same time if that was the case then adidas would of changed something on Kobes adidas sneakers for example I have the Adidas KB8 '98 All Star Game joints and it looks the same to the OG ones that I had back in the days. They didn't change nothing on them just the name of the shoe now calling them the Crazy 8's just like FILA changed the name to the Mashburn's and now calling them the MB but we still called them the Mashburn's. So I feel that in reality they could of kept the midsole the same they just didn't want to. 

Adidas changed those models though, they dont feature Feet You Wear anymore, that's why they can get away with it and the name is Crazy 8, the OG was just called Kobe 1 I think, no? 

My man CFlyness, thanks for posting this! Although I think Jermaine & Mike should be in the 'Fools Wildin' thread in General.
roll.gif
No problem brother. 

Yeah KB 8, so changing the name and tech, let's them get away with it.
Okay the tech is not there from back in the days but the KB8's that I have looks the same to me to the ones I had back in 98 the look of it not talking about the tech it had.

Last edited:

Yeah KB 8, so changing the name and tech, let's them get away with it.
Okay the tech is not there from back in the days but the KB8's that I have looks the same to me to the ones I had back in 98 the look of it not talking about the tech it had.
they most have put better tech in bcuz the crazy8 are mad comfy but the again the 96s are really comfy as well and they got no a2

Last edited:
I thought feet you wear was just the shape of the midsole that mimmicks the foot shape? And the logo was the one thing that couldnt be used? So its basically the same but without the logo and name? Because the feet you wear name and logo is not owned by adidas?

I thought feet you wear was just the shape of the midsole that mimmicks the foot shape? And the logo was the one thing that couldnt be used? So its basically the same but without the logo and name? Because the feet you wear name and logo is not owned by adidas?
It was a different foam used too, and some models had the Air pocket in the heel.
 Oh so you guys like them better with black midsole and white details?
OG is always better man.

Better? Nah men, just nah. FYW was one of the best systems to ever be made.
then the ogs which I never owned must have been
The only shoes that I owned the og and have a retro of is kami2 and I think the retro is more comfy I remember the og kinda having hot spots after wearig all day in school, though I may just have stronger feet lol

The only thing better with the retro Kami ll is the Ortholite insole, everything else is worst. The OG'S real Ultra and normal Hexalite was amazing.

The feet you wear thing was the tech. It has nothing to do with Kobe. Fila are just a bunch of marks for changing the missiles on the MBs.

if i'm being honest---and i know full well i'm probably the only one so my flame suit is ready---i like the way the midsole is colorblocked now much more than the original. The OGs were great for their time, and totally fit the aesthetic of the period with the all black shoe with white detailing being super cool, but the way it has a white midsole with black now, to me, makes it much more wearable with jeans and such. It just breaks up the black better to me, and makes it more of a retro shoe with a modern twist. Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but that's just my two cents. I'm well aware OGs should always be brought back as they were---and these should have been---but I'm just saying I can see why a decision like this was made from just an aesthetic standpoint

if i'm being honest---and i know full well i'm probably the only one so my flame suit is ready---i like the way the midsole is colorblocked now much more than the original. The OGs were great for their time, and totally fit the aesthetic of the period with the all black shoe with white detailing being super cool, but the way it has a white midsole with black now, to me, makes it much more wearable with jeans and such. It just breaks up the black better to me, and makes it more of a retro shoe with a modern twist. Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but that's just my two cents. I'm well aware OGs should always be brought back as they were---and these should have been---but I'm just saying I can see why a decision like this was made from just an aesthetic standpoint

Not flaming but I don't see it aesthetically either. Its not outright ugly but the change just seems unnecessary.

I believe it was a production cost thing. Which is understandable when nobody is buying, and the people that are buying wait for sales and clearance prices. Why invest top dollar when most pairs will sell for a fraction of retail?

I agree with u. I like the white midsole on the black upper. It breaks the shoe up a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom