***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

^^
C Flyness, all us old guys want FILA & Reebok to retro their back catalog but these young sheep only want the same plastic, overpriced Jordan product over and over. There's a cost associated with having the factory in China retool to manufacture a particular shoe. This usually mandates a production run of tens of thousands of shoes just to make a profit. The problem lies when the shoes only move at massive discounts. If FILA and Reebok had the Jordan retro momentum of '03-'07 there would be justification to churn out new models but as it is, I just can't see it happening.
For these companies to not take losses like that, they need to make it somewhat limited like they did with the FILA Bubbles cause I noticed it sold very well doing it that way. I know a lot of people think that everytime Jordan Brand comes out with a retro they sell out quick, that's not all true cause when they decided to make the Air Jordan 8 Aqua a general release they was sitting, the Air Jordan 6 Maroon they also was sitting cause they wasn't limited. If Jordan Brand a company that are supposedly the number one brand can't sell out quick when is a general release what can we expect from FILA or Reebok that's why the key here is make it limited. I know a lot of people don't like the limited thing but this is the only way FILA won't take any losses cause when they make a lot, they still have a whole buch of pairs that are still sitting around and when that happens they have no other choice but to sell it for a less price and that maybe looks good to some of us but not for the company.

Last edited:
I hear you on the limited issue to generate hype, but did the limited Fila Bubbles run generate said hype?

I would've liked to get a pair but they did not drop in Canada, on top of that scoring a pair online was tricky as they sold out almost instantly.

I also don't see people talking about them, so if you're a FILA executive how do you rate the Fila Bubble retro? Would you deem it a success as they sold out at MSRP but did they do anything overall for promoting the brand or wooing new customers?

Last edited:
I hear you on the limited issue to generate hype, but did the limited Fila Bubbles run generate said hype?

I would've liked to get a pair but they did not drop in Canada, on top of that scoring a pair online was tricky as they sold out almost instantly.

I also don't see people talking about them, so if you're a FILA executive how do you rate the Fila Bubble retro? Would you deem it a success as they sold out at MSRP but did they do anything overall for promoting the brand or wooing new customers?
I guess it did cause they was sold out. I know the situation up in Canada that they don't get the same retro stuff that we get here in the US that's really messed up. Canada should also get what we get. I remember that the Bata Shoe Museum in Canada had a celebration for the FILA 96 ''Olympic'' in 2013 it was cause they was celebrating the introduction of Grant Hill’s 1996 Olympic worn autographed signed sneaker into the Out of the Box: The Rise of the Sneaker Culture exhibit. I think maybe Canada don't get what we get in the heritage line cause FILA its not in high demand up in Canada. I'm not saying here in the US that everyone is going crazy for FILA stuff but I guess were an exception. I don't know why but that's how it is. The only logical explanation I could think of to why is it like that maybe it has to do cause FILA was really big here in the 90s and a lot of their Athletes who represented the brand were Americans. Whatever the reason maybe, I still think Canada and all the other countries should get what we get from Fila's heritage line and a lot more cause they are lacking with their Classic stuff.

Last edited:
I guess it did cause they was sold out. I know the situation up in Canada that they don't get the same retro stuff that we get here in the US that's really messed up. Canada should also get what we get. I remember that the Bata Shoe Museum in Canada had a celebration for the FILA 96 ''Olympic'' in 2013 it was cause they was celebrating the introduction of Grant Hill’s 1996 Olympic worn autographed signed sneaker into the Out of the Box: The Rise of the Sneaker Culture exhibit. I think maybe Canada don't get what we get in the heritage line cause FILA its not in high demand up in Canada. I'm not saying here in the US that everyone is going crazy for FILA stuff but I guess were an exception. I don't know why but that's how it is. The only logical explanation I could think of to why is it like that maybe it has to do cause FILA was really big here in the 90s and a lot of their Athletes who represented the brand were Americans. Whatever the reason maybe, I still think Canada and all the other countries should get what we get from Fila's heritage line and a lot more cause they are lacking with their Classic stuff.

The US focus that Fila takes is incredibly frustrating. They have country-specific websites, and refuse to make anything actually good available on them. I know that here in Australia it's basically impossible to get anything worthwhile. I can order from some sites in the US (but not Fila themselves of course, because they won't ship), then I get doubly screwed with the exchange rate and extortionate shipping prices.

Hard to keep excited about the brand. At least Reebok, adidas, Asics, Saucony make an effort to get into stores in Australia.

In this video starting at 8:25 Timothy DeLaGhetto shows his pair of FILA Bubbles!

Timothy DeLaGhetto is a superstar on YouTube and has been featured before on MTV's Wild 'N Out...

I was hoping they would come out with something new for TMNT movie but I feel like we would've heard about it by now.

doubt theyll get that deal again. no reason for the doubt, just dont see it happening again

Looks like the regular white n blue pair, what's the difference?
Exactly the same aside from the insoles. I can see these sitting. However, I'd like another pair as I sold mine from the last release as the lines weren't uniform with one another.

yeah they had an issue for a while with those lines not matching up, hopefully thats fixed

Wow I'm surprised

Looks like they actually got the 'Blue' piping for the shoe silhouette to line up correctly. If any of you actually receive your pairs of the 'Walters' joints please let us know if the blue piping lines up.

Thought I'd share my TMNT shoe collection since the movie is out today, most are IDs. i still need the Fila M Squad from 2014 movie. Any leads let me know, need a 9/9.5

filausa@FILAUSA and @Nas team up for the @ghostbusters collection. Available 6/17. Keep it tuned for closer looks and more info!

Last edited:
It's like each pair was almost there but not quite.

High tops would have been perfect with a gum sole. The black sole looks
eyes.gif

That Fila/GB name tag patch on the lows looks fleamarket as hell.
mean.gif

And the green sole to represent the slime on the black pair looks
sick.gif

Not to mention they all look cluncky as hell on some DC skate shoes hype.

Damn N@s I expected better brah,

Does anyone have a like on the Autism Cages in sz12? I missed them on release, and now can't seem to find them (especially with decent shipping to Australia).

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom