***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

My man, you've seen the resurgence of Kappa lately. I think with right apparel pieces (jackets, tops, pants), FILA could make some strides in their clothing division then accordingly there could be spillover into their footwear division.
Yeah, I see that Kappa has been making some noise and I'm really happy about that, hopefully they'll continue on, much success to them. True, FILA just needs to keep doing what they're doing and keep coming out with the stuff from their heritage line. I already see the acceptance amongst the people in the fashion world, now because of that people again are starting to become interested in rocking something that is from the FILA brand. This to me is a really good sign, that probably in a near future we'll also start seeing other different models get retroed.

There's a store up in Canada that carries FILA. Here's the link to their instagram page

http://www.instagram.com/histyle613/?hl=en

Last edited:
^^
Thanks bro, those guys are in Ottawa. I'm in Toronto. :smile: There are some local spots that carry Fila clothing and some shoes. Just not a whole lot of stuff but to be honest I haven't been checking for gear lately.

One thing working against FILA is that their management is entirely Korean now so they might be following trends specific to that region, while Kappa is still very much an Italian company.

^^
Thanks bro, those guys are in Ottawa. I'm in Toronto.
smile.gif
There are some local spots that carry Fila clothing and some shoes. Just not a whole lot of stuff but to be honest I haven't been checking for gear lately.

One thing working against FILA is that their management is entirely Korean now so they might be following trends specific to that region, while Kappa is still very much an Italian company.
It is what it is, I will continue on being optimistic with one my fav. brands! Italian or not they still have their rich history and because of that I think FILA will prevail... This latin trap music video is from this year and you can see that the artist: BAD BUNNY in the beginning of the video is rocking FILA, he's one of the biggest names from that particular genre... This kind of music might not be everyone's cup of tea lol, although I like it. But let's look at the positive that's coming from all this, he's a new school artist and by having these younger artist wear FILA it makes the brand look relevant again. It gives the brand again that ''cool factor'' that it might have been missing.

Yes they need to keep the retros coming and maybe take a stab at making a high quality basketball shoe BC u can't live on heritage forever eventually your gna have to drop something that's relevant in today's market otherwise when we're gone Fila is gone BC these youngsters don't care about Fila

FILA collaborating with these other companies, its actually helping them out with their comeback.

FILA should be eyeing one of those players from this upcoming NBA Draft Class. Sign one of them to an endorsement deal and hire a fresh new designer to design his shoes. FILA really needs to get back on the court, they've been MIA for the longest.

FILA collaborating with these other companies, its actually helping them out with their comeback.

FILA should be eyeing one of those players from this upcoming NBA Draft Class. Sign one of them to an endorsement deal and hire a fresh new designer to design his shoes. FILA really needs to get back on the court, they've been MIA for the longest.
I agree...but I ask you this IF they signed a someone from the upcoming NBA Draft Class...what new FILA technology can they present to them to sway them to sign? We all know they cant OUT BID any of the major shoe companies....I mean they damns sure cant use older models as leverage... I can see them maybe getting a international player cuz FILA still doing things overseas but only if not other companies come...but a American athlete...I aint sure bout that

Last edited:
i think it was explained on here before. signing an athlete wouldnt benefit the brand.

its been suggested that they do so many times before

when it comes to having an athlete sign it all comes down to the dollar amount

tech of the shoe is a non factor

These will be supremely limited (50 Pairs) Get over to Kinects Web store on Tuesday May 2 to try your luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom