Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

you know what i never understood about the story?

cloud was never in SOLDIER.. he was just a Shinra grunt, since he was disillusioned he thought he was after spending time with Zack and all the other traumatic things he experienced, right?'

then how tf did he get so strong? SOLDIERS go through a special mako process where they can enhanced speed, agility, and powerm which cloud was never a part of..

cloud was never in SOLDIER.. he was just a Shinra grunt, since he was disillusioned he thought he was after spending time with Zack and all the other traumatic things he experienced, right?'

then how tf did he get so strong? SOLDIERS go through a special mako process where they can enhanced speed, agility, and powerm which cloud was never a part of..
Maybe the initial training he received put him above your average joe. I always thought about this too. Like he’s above average but just not quite as good as people who actually made it in SOLDIER. I’m in the military and figured I’d use it as an example. We have guys who try out for Special Forces and Ranger but for various reasons they don’t make it. It could be them failing a psyche eval, being peered out, etc. so maybe Cloud is elite physically but he didn’t pan out for other reasons.

I’m thinking about too deep :lol:

Check on the wiki; it was explained in CC I believe... or one of the offshoot games.

Basically Hojo took Cloud, Zack and did Mako experiments with him in hopes of making him a Sephiroth clone. He thought he had failed so he basically threw them in cryo. Apparently it explains the memory loss too

Check on the wiki; it was explained in CC I believe... or one of the offshoot games.

Basically Hojo took Cloud and did Mako experiments with him in hopes of making him a Sephiroth clone.
I was also going to mention this too. Don’t they mention him being a failed experiment in the original?

Basically Hojo took Cloud, Zack and did Mako experiments with him in hopes of making him a Sephiroth clone. He thought he had failed so he basically threw them in cryo. Apparently it explains the memory loss too
I was also going to mention this too. Don’t they mention him being a failed experiment in the original?

but a failed "clone" was strong enough to beat Sephiroth himself :nerd: so Cloud got that Captain America mega steroids x1000 treatment

Yes. After the lifestream moment, head back to the shinra mansion to see this

They reveal all of the failed experiment, the implanted Jenova cells (like members of Soldier) and Sephiroth cells. That's why he's so strong.

While I dont own stock in SE so their sales dont matter personally to me, they are a great barometer to gauge the popularity.

As far as I can tell only physical sales are being reported, and only in Europe and Japan. And with COVID-19, its very difficult to draw any information. I am always interested in seeing these numbers roll in.

finished FFVII remake last night. Really enjoyed the battle system. I'm curious to see how deep they dive into the upcoming characters considering how much depth the Avalanche crew got.

I just learned about the Crisis Core game and it being a prequel game for the psp with zack as the main character. Interesting to know that giant sword got passed around. I have the og vii game and my PS3 but don't have a controller anymore. Looked online and finding a deadstock ps3 controller for cheap is scarce. Started vii twice but never finished, also have viii that I never finished. Might just get an emulator for my phone and play the game. Can keep me busy during quarantine.

I just learned about the Crisis Core game and it being a prequel game for the psp with zack as the main character. Interesting to know that giant sword got passed around. I have the og vii game and my PS3 but don't have a controller anymore. Looked online and finding a deadstock ps3 controller for cheap is scarce. Started vii twice but never finished, also have viii that I never finished. Might just get an emulator for my phone and play the game. Can keep me busy during quarantine.
You can buy and play OG FF VII And VIII on PS4. You can grab IX as well.
Did anyone play XIII? I heard mixed reviews on that one and never got the chance to play it
I played it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s not the best or even close but still fun to play. People bashed it for linearity but outside of FF XII and XV all mainline FF games have been linear.

Man oh man. I'm up to chapter 14 now.

I don't remember which chapter it was, 11 or 12, but it was INTENSE.

I’m torn on if I’d want a Remake of VI. That game is sacred to me. I’ll say this, unless they’re going to apply the same love that FF VII got, they don’t need to bother remaking any past games.
It would be nice though, if they went the Capcom route and put real effort into remaking their catalogue. I’m sure a lot of you would go nuts for a proper CT Remake.

FF8 was the very first final fantasy game I've ever played.

I played FF8, FF9, and then I believe I went back to FF7. Or I played FF8, went back to FF7 and then played FF9. (Can't exactly remember)

Either way, FF8 was my first FF game, so there's a special place in my heart for that game. I'd love for FF8 to have a remake, but I'm not sure how popular it is among final fantasy fans.

*edit

There's some FF13 talk in here. I enjoyed FF13, but I didn't enjoy the ending. Since FF10, final fantasy has been dropping the ball with the endings for me. I've played FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15. 10, 13 and 15's ending blew for me.

I wasn't aware of a FF8 remaster lol

I guess I am just out of the loop like that.

I don't think I can play an FF8 game again unless it's remade like FF7 was remade

No; I read it is quite a micro-transaction trap. It looked interesting though.
All of Square's mobile games that I've tried have been like that. They feel like they gouge people worse than any other company. I was super into Brave Exvius until it got unbearable.

I just downloaded Tactics WotL instead. Such a great game and no microtransactions to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom