Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Got back to Sector 7 and saw Tifa going to Don Corneo.

Loving this remake. I hope part 2 doesn't take too long to release. I also am curious if our data from this game will transfer to the next release. I hope it does.

I had to take a break from the game. Not sure if my party's underdeveloped, I have a bad materia/equipment setup, or I'm just bad but the last time I played I kept dying all day. Lol

I had to take a break from the game. Not sure if my party's underdeveloped, I have a bad materia/equipment setup, or I'm just bad but the last time I played I kept dying all day. Lol
I mean I don’t think it’s extremely hard but it’s not that easy either. Elemental + your choice of magic helped me a lot. Also make sure to access all enemies to see their weaknesses.

yea the game's not hard but you def gotta strategize your party correctly.

always switch characters around during battle and fill their ATB bars and use their specials.

Yeah I didn’t mention it in my review but the AI is damn near useless in this game. They’re just there for you to use but as far doing anything meaningful on their own, it ain’t happening :lol:

I definitely had to slow my approach in some of these fights. I was getting worked by some metal monodrives on a side mission that somehow were immune to lightning. Damn things kept using barrier, were fast and hit hard. I had to straight up single one out because the three together took me out.

I mean I don’t think it’s extremely hard but it’s not that easy either. Elemental + your choice of magic helped me a lot. Also make sure to access all enemies to see their weaknesses.
Thanks. I mean, I eventually beat everyone I kept dying to. That beast on the bottom level of that dungeon in chapter 14 kept killing me until I found out that I could only use physical attacks on it (apparently casting magic on it provokes brutal counterrattacks)

I remember I had to fight 3 scorpion type monster At once for a side mission where you had to find some kids. They kept spamming poison and were hard AF. It was harder than most boss fights

so I'm pretty sure I am at the end of FF7R... beat those 3 colored bastards and the bahamat they turn into, got to Seph and died but I could have swore it saved at a check point... turned the game back on and I have the fight those damn wizards again which are a pain in the ***.

I have to say I do like the fact that the game has auto saves and check points (even though they can screw you over at times), but I absolutely hate having to do the same things over again, especially when it is littered with dumb *** cutscenes that can't be skipped. Low key I don't even want to play this **** anymore but I am gonna beat it and sell it while it's still worth something.

Over all I like the game, even though it is far from complete. I like the fact that everything is more fleshed out and I even enjoy the new battle system, but this game is not a 10 in my book, and this is coming from a big FF fan...

Yea my main strategy was just use basic attacks to fill up ATB bar, switch between guys as much as possible, use assess to exploit weaknesses. Only hard parts to me are the 1 v1 battles with cloud since you have to use more tactics to actually find an opening to attack

I remember I had to fight 3 scorpion type monster At once for a side mission where you had to find some kids. They kept spamming poison and were hard AF. It was harder than most boss fights

Was is the smoggers when you had to find the kids in Aerith's slum?

For ff7, the two monsters you have to fight at the end of the combat simulation in chapter 16 to win the Gil up materia is hard for me. Still haven't beat it

I just finished chapter 3 on Hard. I’m just gonna try and knock out a few chapters per day while playing other stuff. Not using items is definitely tough :lol:

Trying to get the EKG Cannon but Hart isn't offering up the bribe. I did leave the room and come back. Is that where I f'ed up or will I talk to the Mayor a second time where then speaking to Hart will allow me to "purchase" the ekg cannon? Also can you go back and get the Purple Pain. Missed it during Tifa's solo activity. If I can't I'm gonna be annoyed as hell. Missing two final weapons. :smh:

Trying to get the EKG Cannon but Hart isn't offering up the bribe. I did leave the room and come back. Is that where I f'ed up or will I talk to the Mayor a second time where then speaking to Hart will allow me to "purchase" the ekg cannon? Also can you go back and get the Purple Pain. Missed it during Tifa's solo activity. If I can't I'm gonna be annoyed as hell. Missing two final weapons. :smh:
It’s after you talk to the mayor and then he sends you on your way.

One thing for sephiroth is when he jumps in the air and comes down at you with his sword, you have to dodge. That move can’t be blocked.

just writing this because he kept getting me with that move lol. Prob took me like 5 tries to beat him.

I already talked to him. Is there another encounter?
I’m not sure then. I remember him taking me to the mayor, talking to the mayor and him explaining you need to find a guy a day “the mayor” etc. and then after that you walk out of the room and talk to Hart and he’ll sell you some information for $10,000 and also throw in the EKG Cannon for your troubles or something like that.

Does Tidal or AppleMusic or Soundcloud have "Dearly Beloved" that actually sounds like the title screen music in KH3?

would this still be fun for someone who never got into final fantasy?

always wanted to dive in but wasn’t about turn based moves

also if i felt like the witcher 3 was a full time job would i be ok with this?

i’m not expecting god of war. but that, breath of the wild, spider-man and fallen order are like the recent games ive loved. to put into perspective of what i enjoy

Back
Top Bottom