OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIII THREAD-- OUT NOW FOR PS3/XBOX360**********

Farming means I am fighting a  series of enemies over and over again toaquire CP points, points that go toward upgrading the roles on theCrystarium grid. I found an area that the creatures are fairly easy tobeat and yeild a high number of points for being so early in chapter 11.

Chapter11 is open, 12 and 13 are not. Once you beat the game, you can comeback and complete all the sidequests, so no worry there.You have theoption to explore Pulse, or continue on with the story. Believe me, youcan skip the sidequests and continue as if its linear and it won'teffect you negatively.

oh okay, and what stage does the crystarium grid max out at? i'm on chapter 8, i'm on stage 5, close to 6 i think.

when i make it to chapter 11 i will be messaging you for that info!
smile.gif

so 11 is open, you are "farming" to max out and be ready for 12 and 13. i don't know why i keep reading 11-13 are open and its just 11. how many hours have you spent or do you plan on spending farming in chapter 11?

and so you beat chapter 13, and you can continue the story? can you explain this further?

thanks love.

In the beginning (Disc 1), is it really suggested to only focus on one role? I mean, I have 1000+ extra CP that I can't use because I can't go to the next role level.

xpost from the PS3 thread:

All you FFXIII heads, if you arent passed the last boss at polumpolum yet great spot to farm incentive chips(sell for 2500 gil ea.) is right before with those 2 psicom mobs. Run around and they respawn pretty quickly or go start the boss fight die and retry to get them to come back up. Got hope and lightnings original weapons to the max level and one accessory in 2.5 hours.

I recommend upgrading the original weapons first I upgraded Fang's Gae log or whatever (it is the first weapon of hers you pick up) with the same amount of money i put into the blazefire saber and only got it to level 6. Takes more experience to level it up its a pain.

Once you beat the game, you are able to go back to Pulse and do the sidequests.

When you beat the game the credits roll and you get the option to save. Do it and load the save. It will put you back in the final dungeon (before you kill the final boss timeline-wise) and you can warp to several places including Gran Pulse.

I just started Chapter 12. Pretty cool intro.

oh okay, and what stage does the crystarium grid max out at? i'm on chapter 8, i'm on stage 5, close to 6 i think.
10 stages, last one doesnt unlock til the end of chapter 13. I have 9 unlocked. Moving one sphere is costing me around 15,000 per.

so 11 is open, you are "farming" to max out and be ready for 12 and 13. i don't know why i keep reading 11-13 are open and its just 11. how many hours have you spent or do you plan on spending farming in chapter 11?
I was farming because I like to have characters that are waaaay to strong and go through battles easily. However, I will warn you, there are a couple battle at the end of Chapter 11 I barely got through. I farmed for around 2 hours, maybe a bit more.

Just finished this today. First FF I've played and I must say it was pretty damn fun. All I've got left is 5 starring missions 60+. Put in 50+ hours so far.

^I thought it was pretty easy. First form was not hard, just BS. His Auto-kill attack got me once, but I got him the next time. And the second form was stupid easy five starred it first try. Then again, I spent a good 5-10 hours farming so my characters/weapons/items were crazy high.

Boss was cool, I just hated Chapter 13 in general %$+! was whack.

I maxed out Lightning's Lionheart since she is better suited as a Ravager (+ Quick stagger easily makes it the best weapon in the game).

I have everyone maxed out on 3 abilities in the crystarium, so on a slow day I'll just play and fight some Adam's (i still only got one Trap from them). I still have 14 missions to do as well but I'm going to wait a bit.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

^I thought it was pretty easy. First form was not hard, just BS. His Auto-kill attack got me once, but I got him the next time. And the second form was stupid easy five starred it first try. Then again, I spent a good 5-10 hours farming so my characters/weapons/items were crazy high.

I should rephrase that...

What did you think of his design and relation to the story? Did you feel it was very "Japanese" in design or did you feel it fit the game and was cool?

it's not a good idea to upgrade weapons or grind until chapter 12 IMHO. It's a waste of time early on. You should just focus on beating any enemy in the area for now.

Also, fangs beat weapon is the dragoon lance which u get from a store u get by beating a mission. Upgrade brawlers wristband into power gloves and dismantle tetradic crown to get sprint shoes. Leave the rest of your equipment alone until chapter 12. Lights best weapon is in a chest at the start of chapter 12.

If it matters, Im 92 hours into the game, all characters have 10-20k hp, light has omega weapon level 79, hope has nue level 29 or so and fange has kaiser's spear or whatever it's called at level 46. I have genji gloves, have beaten neochu, gigantaur, the last boss, all turtles, etc.

need tips on what weapons i should upgrade first for lighting, fang, and hope. they are my primary squad, and im in the middle of chapter 10 if that matters.

Chapter 9. 26 hours in. This game started slow but it picks up after the first disk. Can't stop playing this game.

just going to post my opinion. if you haven't beaten it yet and played the game post game, please don't read. you won't understand where i'm coming from and i don't want to spoil anything for you anyway. this is from a post i made on another site:

final fantasy XIII wasn't that good of a game. its a step in the right direction graphically, but the story line, parts of the gameplay (leader dies the party dies, almost every fight having to do with increasing the stagger bar before the hp could be depleted, etc.) are complete garbage. the music was trash except for like three songs (battle theme, the song that played during the odin fight (and a few other areas), and like one other song).

as far as towns, ffXIII had like three of them but the lack of stores, buildings to go in, the lack of false freedom and a break from strolling hallways with enemies that pick fights with you makes ffXIII have a very short replay life, IMO.

airships and towns are needed in rpg's. f the haters. i don't care if the game is just as linear technically, all i know is that with an airship, i can easily go back to an area that i was in and explore it. i can go to an area that i'm not supposed to be at yet and gain experience and maybe an item or accessory that i'm not supposed to have yet.
towns are good because they provide a break in the game. a break in the monotony of going through dungeon after dungeon fighting enemies.
MONEY and ACCESSORIES and ITEMS from killing enemies is needed because making items 2342344324 gil and having no way to obtain gil other than getting a drop that sells for like 1/324234324234 of the price of the item that you want and also that drop having an extremely low drop rate makes the game OD tedious.

limited maxing your characters out and getting all of the great equipment to POST game is BULL.
post game being mission after mission of palette swaps is bull.
rotating maps are bull.

JAZZ music in an rpg is bull.

BRING BACK STEALING in rpg's.

BLUE MAGIC IS UNDERRATED. bring it back.

an rpg without classical music in it is bull.

final fantasy XIII should have been called something else.

final fantasy VII is still the best, overall. final fantasy VI is second to it, IMO. i'd play either any day over ffXIII. and for the record, no, ffVII wasn't my first rpg. bring back ideas like chrono trigger, ffVI, ffVII, ffIX, mario rpg, parasite eve, etc. stuff that was hot.

also, for the record, my characters have around 15-20+ thousand hp, ultimate weapons (light had lionheart which i leveled to omega weapon, fang had dragoon lance which i leveled to kain's lance and i forgot what hope's was but its nue, now.), i have kaiser knuckles, genji gloves, etc. so its not like i didn't do the missions or work on grinding. everybody's crystarium is maxed.

Originally Posted by debs 168

just going to post my opinion. if you haven't beaten it yet and played the game post game, please don't read. you won't understand where i'm coming from and i don't want to spoil anything for you anyway. this is from a post i made on another site:

final fantasy XIII wasn't that good of a game. its a step in the right direction graphically, but the story line, parts of the gameplay (leader dies the party dies, almost every fight having to do with increasing the stagger bar before the hp could be depleted, etc.) are complete garbage. the music was trash except for like three songs (battle theme, the song that played during the odin fight (and a few other areas), and like one other song).

as far as towns, ffXIII had like three of them but the lack of stores, buildings to go in, the lack of false freedom and a break from strolling hallways with enemies that pick fights with you makes ffXIII have a very short replay life, IMO.

airships and towns are needed in rpg's. f the haters. i don't care if the game is just as linear technically, all i know is that with an airship, i can easily go back to an area that i was in and explore it. i can go to an area that i'm not supposed to be at yet and gain experience and maybe an item or accessory that i'm not supposed to have yet.
towns are good because they provide a break in the game. a break in the monotony of going through dungeon after dungeon fighting enemies.
MONEY and ACCESSORIES and ITEMS from killing enemies is needed because making items 2342344324 gil and having no way to obtain gil other than getting a drop that sells for like 1/324234324234 of the price of the item that you want and also that drop having an extremely low drop rate makes the game OD tedious.

limited maxing your characters out and getting all of the great equipment to POST game is BULL.
post game being mission after mission of palette swaps is bull.
rotating maps are bull.

JAZZ music in an rpg is bull.

BRING BACK STEALING in rpg's.

BLUE MAGIC IS UNDERRATED. bring it back.

an rpg without classical music in it is bull.

final fantasy XIII should have been called something else.

final fantasy VII is still the best, overall. final fantasy VI is second to it, IMO. i'd play either any day over ffXIII. and for the record, no, ffVII wasn't my first rpg. bring back ideas like chrono trigger, ffVI, ffVII, ffIX, mario rpg, parasite eve, etc. stuff that was hot.

also, for the record, my characters have around 15-20+ thousand hp, ultimate weapons (light had lionheart which i leveled to omega weapon, fang had dragoon lance which i leveled to kain's lance and i forgot what hope's was but its nue, now.), i have kaiser knuckles, genji gloves, etc. so its not like i didn't do the missions or work on grinding. everybody's crystarium is maxed.

pretty much agree.

Oh, and mashing X during battles with the occasional L1 didn't feel very strategic to me. XII had it right with enemies being already on the map so you could pick your fights as you wanted to. I dunno how they managed to take a step back on this one as if you couldn't move and mash auto-battle and paradigm shift while doing such.

The story bugged the hell out of me with Orphan just popping up out the blue and Sazh story seeming like a last minute throw-in. Hope annoyed me to no end also, refusing to fight at the beginning but being mad when his mom got killed. Maybe I should've lowered my expectations a bit but this game was obviously story based due to how many cutscenes there were.

think i found the spot in ch11 to farm.

is it where the king behemoth and that other dude are fighting back and forth and u can pre-empt them?

i need to get sprint shoes.

started playing this game on march 11th

then god of war 2 came out... got the platinum trophy for that

now im finally back to ffxiii

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

think i found the spot in ch11 to farm.

is it where the king behemoth and that other dude are fighting back and forth and u can pre-empt them?

i need to get sprint shoes.
The passage RIGHT after those two is the second or third best place in the game.

Anybody still playing FFXIII? Where you all at?

I completed the game, just running through all the sidequests now. 33% complete, it has taken me a bit becuase I won't move onto the next unless I 5-star the battle.

A word of advice to those playing through still and looking to Platinum....

1.) Lay off upgrading your weapons and accessories as long as you can (even until after the final boss if you can). You get better components after you complete the game, and the better your weapons/accessories, the harder it is to get a 5 star battle rating. If it comes down to it, I suggest power leveling your crystarium over upgrading.

2.) When you get to chapter 11 do some side-quests; don't leave all the side missions until after the game. It is very possible to do the first 15-20 missions. If you wait until you complete the game to come back and do them, it is harder to get a 5-star ranking with an over-powered team.

3.) If you find yourself too over-powered during the mark missions, try equipping a base level weapon to each character. It adds alot of time to the battle specs, allowing you to get that 5-star easier.

Started the game on a week ago, put about 30 hours in, Im at the start of Chapter 11. Collecting unemployment FTW. Questions for all you that beat/complete the game is their a Secret Boss/Summon in this game like FFVII????

Back
Top Bottom