OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIII THREAD-- OUT NOW FOR PS3/XBOX360**********

i don't see why people are complaining though.

ff7-10 most of the sidequests you didn't do till the 2nd half end of the game anyways. sure there were smaller optional stuff at towns etc, but from playing this one, im not really missing any of that. it might feel more linear, but its not too significant of a change from the other ff's.

but maybe my memory of those games from 10 years ago is a bit off.

All RPGs are linear, its just that even when you went into a small town you were able to just walk around and bs, walk into other peoples homes, world map earlier, etc.
laugh.gif

But the way these graphics are I don't mind not being able to do that till the end....game probably would've been 5 discs for the XBox.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

All RPGs are linear, its just that even when you went into a small town you were able to just walk around and bs, walk into other peoples homes, world map earlier, etc.
laugh.gif
Exactly, this one lacks that. The only improvement (besides the graphics obviously) is your characters that you arent using still earn CP to advance. But the downside is you cant decide you who can/cant have in your party. I feel like Hope is up there with Selphie and Quina as one the weakest characters ever especially since they got rid of limit breaks for this game.

a sab and a syn in your party are mandatory for the last boss fight.

lightning, hope and fang are the best team in the game IMHO. fang is the strongest character in the game, hope has the highest magic stat in the game and lightning is the most balanced in the game (high strength plus high magic).

I'm starting to really like this game, I was kind of bored in the beginning to be honest, unlike Crisis Core: FF VII and FFIX, which I found very interesting since I started the game. Paradigm shift is that piff though and yeah the uber linear structure feels kind of awkward at first. I hope I can beat it before spring break ends I'm at 10 hours just starting level 6, how long is it taking you guys to beat?

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

laugh.gif
Exactly, this one lacks that. The only improvement (besides the graphics obviously) is your characters that you arent using still earn CP to advance. But the downside is you cant decide you who can/cant have in your party. I feel like Hope is up there with Selphie and Quina as one the weakest characters ever especially since they got rid of limit breaks for this game.

actually Hope is the strongest magic user in the game. he'll be doing the most damage in your party (eventually)
even though he looks like a little !*@#+ 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

So anyone else CP farming?
laugh.gif

I am at the start of Chapter 11, and have been farming in a great spot for around 3 hours.
pimp.gif
info on the spot pls
happy.gif

^

Spoiler [+]
The area is called the Maw of the Abyss. Its the first area in Mah'habara. Its the first area you enter after exiting the Archtype Stepe. The entrance is guarded by a Behemoth and something fighting, just dodge and enter.

What you do is fight every battle with a pre-emptive strike if you can. After three battles, you'll run down a corridor (looks liek a large pipe you're running through) and will be able to go off the path to the left. 4 more battles. At the end of the passage is a huge machine hiding behind a door (you can try to fight it, but itll destroy you this early in the game). What you do is approach the door, then quit the fight by selectuing retry. That will re spawn all the enemies. Procede to fight back to the entrance.

Total of 7 battles going up, 6 coming back. You'll get 32,000 CP per round trip, and it will take approx. 15 minutes. As you get a stronger party, you can shave it down to 8-9 minutes.

I maxed out my main parties 3 main roles before proceding. My other 3 character had around 400,000 cp. I am saving their's until the last levels unlock on the grid.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

FREE ATB FTW!
pimp.gif

^^^this dude uses 2 of the same paradigms but F that. With this you can switch between diff paradigms. Straight massacre enemies. What I do is start out with Lighting as a Com then switch to Rav to get the chain gauge then switch back to com to do more damage
pimp.gif

-The Juice
Yeah that's not really a glitch. Here's another tip, if you're Lightning or Fang and do an aerial attack and then paradigm shift it will skip those extra seconds where it shows you switching classes. So you save time and get your ATB gauges filled at the same time.

Yo...Chapter 13 is mad boring, I hated it.

Growth Egg was a $#%%@ to get by the way.

I've killed like 40 Adam's and have gotten 1 Trap (on the first fight at that).
indifferent.gif
I've sold plenty of the other drop though.

Originally Posted by Grimey

any tips on defeating odin..

start with 2 medics or he'll kick your %*$.
After a few rounds of attacks he'll put up his shield. That's when you switch to double ravager for all of 5 seconds before switching back to double medics to keep your %*$ from being kicked. 

libra him twice at the start if you can.

Hated Sazh/Vanille slow selves. Even with powerchain and overwhelm they still can't keep the stagger gauge. 
alien.gif

This is gonna be the second FF I turn back into gamestop after beating(X-2 was the other one). 

The battle system is nice but the story is kinda 

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

grin.gif

In that order. Going through nothing but story with no blitzball/triple triad like distraction is terrible right now IMO.

I didn't even know XIII dropped,  I'm still playing VII,
laugh.gif

Seems like most of you enjoy it, though.

Maybe I'll cop in a few weeks.

Damn.. Got me thinking about copping this one after not playing the last two. Played V to X through almot ten years ago
frown.gif

Is it worth copping for the reminiscing?
nerd.gif

am I suppose to find better weapons or am I suppose to use the weapon now and upgrade it?

All weapons can be upgraded to the ultimate weapon, but each has a specific ability so you can choose which route to go in.

am I suppose to find better weapons or am I suppose to use the weapon now and upgrade it?

All weapons can be upgraded to the ultimate weapon, but each has a specific ability so you can choose which route to go in.

In my experience, the first cople weapons you find have the higher strength stat, while the latter ones either side with a higher magic stat or can be upgarded to weapons that work in cooperation with certain accessories.

I am at the start of Chapter 11, and have been farming in a great spot for around 3 hours.

what are you farming for? i am unfamiliar. i just made it to chapter 8 today.
smile.gif

and exactly how open are those last 3 chapters? i am almost scared to play them for fear that whatever i need to be doing within the openess i won't do enough of it to beat whatever boss or get whatever special item i may need, or key item to make some kind of special item.

i like the linear format a lot better. i don't care to explore or do side quests and things like that.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

what are you farming for? i am unfamiliar. i just made it to chapter 8 today.
smile.gif

and exactly how open are those last 3 chapters? i am almost scared to play them for fear that whatever i need to be doing within the openess i won't do enough of it to beat whatever boss or get whatever special item i may need, or key item to make some kind of special item.

i like the linear format a lot better. i don't care to explore or do side quests and things like that.

Farming means I am fighting a  series of enemies over and over again to aquire CP points, points that go toward upgrading the roles on the Crystarium grid. I found an area that the creatures are fairly easy to beat and yeild a high number of points for being so early in chapter 11.

Chapter 11 is open, 12 and 13 are not. Once you beat the game, you can come back and complete all the sidequests, so no worry there.You have the option to explore Pulse, or continue on with the story. Believe me, you can skip the sidequests and continue as if its linear and it won't effect you negatively. 

so you can beat the game, and return to the game as if it was the start of chapter 11? or its just before the end boss? im confused.
(im at chapter 9 btw, so if im asking for spoilers dont give it lol)

Back
Top Bottom