OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIII THREAD-- OUT NOW FOR PS3/XBOX360**********

Weapons with the Stagger Lock ability prevents you from staggering an enemy (not a big deal if you use that character as a COM).

The Organyx for example, its Lightnings more powerful weapon but has Stagger Lock on it and has a slower ATB gauge, while the Lion heart although weaker, can attack and stagger enemies quicker....so you gotta go with your own preference.

On a side note, I think I'm too far with these missions. I'm about to be finished with Chapter 11 but I'm already in the 40s of these side missions, starting to have trouble with some.
laugh.gif

I think I should finish the rest after the game, I already have a lot of stuff that I need for now.

smh i got rrod during the 8th chapter... so now i gotta send it in for repairs, i have real hate in my heart for microsoft right now

Originally Posted by MidnightMarauda112

smh i got rrod during the 8th chapter... so now i gotta send it in for repairs, i have real hate in my heart for microsoft right now
I got YLOD 6 hours. I posted the pictures of my smashed PS3 in the PS3 thread.
laugh.gif

Mez 0ne
Awesome, thanks. I'll probably stay away from the stagger blocked weapons until after I complete the stroyline.

I feel left out... haven't played since Saturday due to work.
tired.gif
 Just got to Chapter 11.

I'm spamming the hell out of Death in Mission 46 (Zirnitra) and he isn't going down.....20 minutes already.
laugh.gif
smh

It was confirmed that it works, I have no business fighting this guy since my players don't have enough HP yet but I don't want to do this over again.

edit: Just as I finished typing this out he finally died (22 minutes in).
sick.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by MidnightMarauda112

I got YLOD 6 hours. I posted the pictures of my smashed PS3 in the PS3 thread.
laugh.gif

i was literally kicking my xbox for a good minute before i realized i could get it repared for free
laugh.gif

I decided to advance in the story (doing chapter 12 now).....can you go back to the areas in Ch 12 and 13 after you finish the game?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I decided to advance in the story (doing chapter 12 now).....can you go back to the areas in Ch 12 and 13 after you finish the game?

You can do it before you finish the game and right after you finish the game.  Supposedly those missions were meant to be done after you finish the game.

^ im interested in knowin that too

just got to chapter 9. im guessing that chapters 9-13 are alot longer than chapters 1-8? cuz im barely at 20 hrs....

*paging the knowledgeable heads*

So i'm just now getting into it and I was wondering if it was worth upgrading as you go or wait til you get to the more powerful stuff... Any tips?

FREE ATB FTW!
pimp.gif

^^^this dude uses 2 of the same paradigms but F that. With this you can switch between diff paradigms. Straight massacre enemies. What I do is start out with Lighting as a Com then switch to Rav to get the chain gauge then switch back to com to do more damage
pimp.gif

-The Juice

im just at chapter 10. hitting 26 hours, I just finished leveling up the gladius for lightning. This is a fantastic game, the battles really get easy though, and the eldions do *#+@ -_-.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

FREE ATB FTW!
pimp.gif

^^^this dude uses 2 of the same paradigms but F that. With this you can switch between diff paradigms. Straight massacre enemies. What I do is start out with Lighting as a Com then switch to Rav to get the chain gauge then switch back to com to do more damage
pimp.gif

-The Juice

That is not a glitch its the way it works. Does that for every 2nd full atb fill

I kinda regret acquiring this one, oh well. Up to Chapter 3, feel as though all i've been doing is pressing A.

^ The beginning of the game is very boring IMO.

It gets soooo much better as you progress, especially after CD 1.

Most of the game/side quests are in Disc 3.

So i'm just now getting into it and I was wondering if it was worth upgrading as you go or wait til you get to the more powerful stuff... Any tips?

Don't even bother till late in the game, save your Gil.

After a week the game I can say Im not really feeling it. This is the 2nd worst FF I have played (behind IX) on the Sony platforms. I didnt get play XI because i dont believe in MMORPGs my PS3 isnt backwards compatible so i missed out on XII.

Is it me or does this game just feel so scripted? Seems like in the others I could pretty much do whatever the hell I felt like doing and advance the storyline when I wanted to. In X there were times where I'd turn on my PS2 and just play blitzball. The 2 party battle teams suck, yea I know for this one the computer "AI" picks the right attacks but Id like to have some control over them like all the other ones.

As for the game, I just completed chapter 8....
Spoiler [+]
smokin.gif
 @ Sazh blowing his brains out, and
smh.gif
@ Hope not slitting Snow's throat at the end of chapter 7 when he was on his back

beat the game. the game is dope and well worth the wait. you can't really comment on how you feel about the game until playing through chapter 12 and also beating the final boss on chapter 13 and seeing the ending, IMHO.

the graphics in chapter 12 and the last boss and ending of chapter 13>>>>>>>>

chapter 13 dungeon is absolute garbage tho.

chapters or ff games?

chapter 9 was ok...but chapter 10 and 11 were OD boring. chapter 9 wasn't really that bad IMHO.

11 was just tedious and the boss of that chapter made me hate the game for a min. then there was the awesomeness of chapter 12...

my lighning has this:

omega weapon lvl 77
sprint shoes (auto haste)
power glove maxed out (need dark matter to get kaiser knuckles)
speed sash (free atb segment when an enemy dies, iirc)
and one more accessory slot i forgot what i put in it tho.

In the end the main complaint about the game is that all the good stuff is near the end of the game/after the game....for some it might be too little too late.

The game itself is still great for what it offers, I've enjoyed it after the first disc.

Back
Top Bottom