• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Know it’s too soon to say but RM board looking like they know more than fans. Rodrygo and Valverde showed us we’re good enough at RW and need the spot open for them to get minutes and develop. And Hazard looked good enough as a backup. Got a goal, covered a lot of the pitch like Benz, and essentially assisted Modric.

I wanted Nkunku but reality is if we got him he would have taken a lot of minutes from Fede and Rodrygo.

RM should have a f-ton saved up for when it is time to make a splash on an elite talent. Whether it’s the Mbappe/Haaland level, or the next Tchouameni type (like Bellingham possibly.)

Man we're also playing Celtic, this injury doesn't appear serious, so we got lucky.

At one point there was an intention to bring one of Mbappe, Haaland or Gaby, so lack of goals is something recognized

Man we're also playing Celtic, this injury doesn't appear serious, so we got lucky.

At one point there was an intention to bring one of Mbappe, Haaland or Gaby, so lack of goals is something recognized

Agreed but after those 3 the club couldn’t unanimously agree on any other target and it seems like it might have been the right move as opposed to acquiring a mid player to satisfy the fan base or have them rotting on the bench the last few years of their contract.

Agreed but after those 3 the club couldn’t unanimously agree on any other target and it seems like it might have been the right move as opposed to acquiring a mid player to satisfy the fan base or have them rotting on the bench the last few years of their contract.
It's just big risk to take either way, you could have went for a loan, or a real short term deal with a player. We're just playing with thin margins. 3/6 of our forwards are deemed largely unreliable by the coach.

I had a La Liga vs EPL thread pop up on my twitter feed. The foolishness there from both sides is funny. But one prevalent dumb opinion is that since La Liga is a 2 horse race that RM and Barca win the CL more because they’re coasting the rest of the time.

Other prevalent dumb opinion is that bottom table EPL teams > midtable La Liga teams.

It’s just wild to me how these dumb opinions that have faded from here have persisted over time elsewhere.

Reality is playing in a strong league is beneficial to winning the CL vs getting to coast and flip on a switch for the CL. Because Barca and RM play against relatively strong comp domestically, they’re able to perform well in the CL. Secondly, even a 2-3 horse league is very different from a one-horse league. Because every match you’re competing to stay on top against another elite side.

At this point I’ve accepted that there’s no definitive universal metric to prove which league is better top to bottom by. I do think though that the average EPL match has a much more hype stadium, better presentation, and provides more of a thrill. Whereas the average La Liga team generally can play a more tactically sound and skillful game (that I think benefits RM when they’ve gotta face elite CL opposition.)

Some of your clubs could have had Grimaldo this Summer for like €10 million. He needs to leave.

I’ve always surprised that he hasn’t left already. What he’s done for Benfica has been great but nonetheless, he needs to leave

A3B9E709-6682-4BC4-A74E-75DE106224B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom