• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
WC is bigger. In fact, several players have been quoted as saying they would trade all of their champions league titles for a single world cup title. In terms of product, I would say the champions league is slightly better.

France, Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, etc., have all the top talent playing on their squads. But then you have countries with not such a great talent pool such as Ecuador, Iran, Armenia, etc.

Watching one of these dominant countries playing a not-so-dominant one would be no different than the earlier rounds of the champions league watching Bayern beat the brakes off Viktoria Plzen.

What makes the Champions League get a slight edge is that the players (for club football) have better chemistry with each other due to playing/training with each other so often. They also train under their respected club's manager often, so it's easier to act upon/ invoke their tactics, whereas in their national teams, they don't play with each other as often. This is one of the reasons why Argentina looked basura in 2018 despite having such a surplus of talent.

To me, this adds to the entertaining of the world cup and also to it's prestige. For a manager to get the best out of their team and win it all. Especially when they make not be the youngest and/or the most talented team.

Look at this combo Suarez did back at home

His touch was always ridiculous.. his Norwich goals were brazy too. So glad he left Liverpool
Everyone hates Mbappe now.

It disgusts me.
Good.. the stories coming out about him are terrible.
I’m going to tell you something I heard Haaland say in an interview like 2 weeks ago that might make you cry,

He said (not in verbatim) “Going to City didn’t have anything to do with my Father, that didn’t matter”.

So those rumors that United really had a chance a few years ago could have very well been true.
This is common knowledge. He would have joined United had they not been so hell bent on no release clause. Dortmund agreed and the rest is history. He has one at city too apparently however, they have so much faith on what they offer players (on/off pitch) they don’t seem too worried in being able to keep him.

His touch was always ridiculous.. his Norwich goals were brazy too. So glad he left Liverpool

Good.. the stories coming out about him are terrible.

This is common knowledge. He would have joined United had they not been so hell bent on no release clause. Dortmund agreed and the rest is history. He has one at city too apparently however, they have so much faith on what they offer players (on/off pitch) they don’t seem too worried in being able to keep him.

Haaland will definitely leave City tho.

3 maybeeee 4 years tops at City and then he’s gone.

And no it’s not good to hate Mbappe.

TBF he’s done some pretty pompous ****

I think city can maybe keep haaland till he’s 28 which is 6 good years.. well worth it. Especially if it gets them a UCL. But crazier things have happened.. wouldn’t be surprised if he never moves to one of the big two. Especially if madrid get mbop and Barca get.. bankrupt.

What makes the Champions League get a slight edge is that the players (for club football) have better chemistry with each other due to playing/training with each other so often. They also train under their respected club's manager often, so it's easier to act upon/ invoke their tactics, whereas in their national teams, they don't play with each other as often. This is one of the reasons why Argentina looked basura in 2018 despite having such a surplus of talent.

To me, this adds to the entertaining of the world cup and also to it's prestige. For a manager to get the best out of their team and win it all. Especially when they make not be the youngest and/or the most talented team.

This is one of the reasons why I always thought it’d be a good idea to get rid of international breaks. Shortening the club season.

Then adding all those international breaks together and creating “International Season” at the end. Solid month and half being together, playing, and training without any interruptions.

World Cup teams (most of them) just don’t have that chemistry. That’s why most of the time whoever wins the World Cup just happens to be players who know each other very well and play(ed) in the same league/team.

Can’t really compare an annual club competition to a global international competition that comes around every 4 years.

We can all agree that the WC holds more weight. But if it were annual like the UCL which would you prefer to watch?

Talent, chemistry, and suspense just hits different during the UCL knock outs.

We can all agree that the WC holds more weight. But if it were annual like the UCL which would you prefer to watch?

Talent, chemistry, and suspense just hits different during the UCL knock outs.
I mean we're like on the cusp of a biannual World Cup schedule if some people get their way. So the WC prestige might lose some shine real quick and really exemplify the quality of the UCL and Euros that much more.

sucks that Liverpool and Inter play at the same time, scary matchup for both teams but all I know is Onana needs be in goal.

Anyone here excited for Sac Republic FC taking on Orlando FC for the US Open Cup???!!
ja-rule-respect.gif

But really though, would be dope if Sac can pull off this win. Been following them since they started.

Tuchel gone after a 250m spend. Crazy

Still beat us with 10 men and we can't sack our useless **** of a boss

I didn't mean what I said. BR is fantastic and Chelsea would be lucky to have such a fantastic human being in charge. Be a shame to lose him but life goes on. Fofana would be delighted to reunite with Mr Great Character. :smile:

Go on Todd. Bring him home.

A5DF837C-5587-407D-B0F4-9162FBCE7C61.jpeg

Damn. Life comes at you fast. One minute you're winning the champions league, next you're getting fired at the start of the season.

Guess Poch might have a new gig

Boehly strikes me as clueless. Probably have an American coach the team on some Ted Lasso steeze

Back
Top Bottom