• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
klopps tactics were arrogant. he has inferior talent top to bottom but instead of trying to stifle madrids attack he tried to use the same tactics he’s been using with no regard for vini or benz. did he not do any scouting? just a couple weeks ago barcelona had the perfect game plan. stop the outlet to vini, make someone else create, and attack carvajal.

klopps tactics were arrogant. he has inferior talent top to bottom but instead of trying to stifle madrids attack he tried to use the same tactics he’s been using with no regard for vini or benz. did he not do any scouting? just a couple weeks ago barcelona had the perfect game plan. stop the outlet to vini, make someone else create, and attack carvajal.

Was thinking the same thing tbh. Great manager but stubborn gameplan. Tuchel would have found and tried to exploit weaknesses to get the result.

I think a valid question to ask is why the EPL’s financial might has yet to translate to seasons of sustained superiority on the pitch. Is it poor player investment, individual club cultures, the culture of the league?

City has been the only consistent EPL club in recent years and even they have no CL to show for it.

Even while fielding mega clubs in Europa in recent seasons they’ve only won 1 of the last 5, 2 of the last 9 vs Spain’s 6 of 9.

I've said it years ago here. England hectic winter schedule has a thing to do why the perform not as good as other clubs during the knockout stages in any European competition

I've said it years ago here. England hectic winter schedule has a thing to do why the perform not as good as other clubs during the knockout stages in any European competition
that’s not a good excuse when madrid has played 5 more games than pool since the break

that’s not a good excuse when madrid has played 5 more games than pool since the break
this year might be the exception. Having a 3-4 break while England has it busiest soccer schedule does help. Also the FA are the worst at reschedule matches for teams in CL

I’m curious how much the average age of opponents has to do with it. I really feel like week in week out in La Liga RM are constantly going head to head with grown *** men who are willing to commit to a low block with physicality, and are also versed in the dark arts.

Without any advanced stat work and looking through average ages of starting XI by league in Transfermarkt over the last few seasons, there is for sure an age difference between EPL and La Liga. Obviously correlation =/= causation. Could just be EPL has more cash to splash which gives a bigger influx of younger players, which then could mean something like less continuity.

this year might be the exception. Having a 3-4 break while England has it busiest soccer schedule does help. Also the FA are the worst at reschedule matches for teams in CL

Real are also always stupidly playing Clasicos and Madrid derbies around knockout ties. Whether coincidentally, or suspiciously out of malice by schedule makers, or as a way to bolster viewership around the exposure of CL knockouts I’m not sure. But this tie is no exception, next 2 matches are a Madrid derby and a Clasico.

Kloppo only knows one tune. Hell of a tune when he has the players for it. Need to be able to be pragmatic in some moments like EtH was after the heavy defeats to start the season

We out here setting the stage for Pro/Rel in a decade or so, if Don does the right thing :nerd:

Adding the named cities gets us to 34, then you've got existing clubs in Louisville, Indianapolis, Charleston, San Antonio and plenty more... do it Garber!

The only reason Missouri is relevant to me is that that’s where I got my dog from :lol:
Otherwise it might as well be Delaware and not even exist

hope todays games can even come close to yesterdays
Feel like city and Leipzig play every year

Back
Top Bottom