• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It's gross how they play like Spain, just side ways pass after side ways pass, it's cowardly football
You can say the same thing about 10 guys packed in a box behind the ball.

The only thing that kills possession play is when you become predictable. Tiki taka/possession footy is at its finest when players make unpredictable plays and passes.

When you have a team willing to counter and sit back, how can you blame the team that's actually playing to score?

Not that I’d be good enough to ever play for Pep, but that style of managing right there on the field would get on my nerves real quick

It's gross how they play like Spain, just side ways pass after side ways pass, it's cowardly football
Tbf when most teams sit back deep against you it clogs up space not much room but to prob and wait for an opening unless you try to force the agenda which can easily bite you in the ***

That being said it is certain players that have bene more complacent in possession this year which is not the goal

Personally I would never call a team trying to take the initiative with the ball cowardly. Cowardly is teams who just cool with sitting back for 90 minutes

This what happens when you have a makeshift LB who isn't a threat going up. Love Ake, but clearly Cancelo would of been pivotal today.

Inverted wingers in Jack and Mahrez and Bernardo. So many guys that really can't play with both feet. Everyone knows what they're doing out there and Haaland is left on an island. Can't even blame the defense one bit.

Inter getting through their inter squad beef to win late.

2nd match in a row they've had players blowing up at each other on the pitch

Tbf when most teams sit back deep against you it clogs up space not much room but to prob and wait for an opening unless you try to force the agenda which can easily bite you in the ***

That being said it is certain players that have bene more complacent in possession this year which is not the goal

Personally I would never call a team trying to take the initiative with the ball cowardly. Cowardly is teams who just cool with sitting back for 90 minutes
Don't mind me this B2B days of gambling of frustration, but there was opportunities to get Haaland and some guys didn't seem interested in that at all

Don't mind me this B2B days of gambling of frustration, but there was opportunities to get Haaland and some guys didn't seem interested in that at all
Fair enough :lol:

But that is true anyone not named KDB in midfield has been far too scared to make the adventurous pass this season they haven’t been like that before but now they are and it’s frustrating. Wish pep would shake it up cause if Bernardo and Gundogan aren’t gonna try those through balls try KDB and foden in there two dudes who will try that extra ****. Rodri gets into his complacent moments too. Awesome player but one thing he doesn’t do that Fernandinho used to do is those direct passes to break the lines

Lowkey Mahrez is scoring goals again and in better form but he’s one of the main culprits of the not trying to find Haaland problem

Was there a handball on Leipzig at the end there? Our coverage ended.

Looks like man was playing volley ball to me. Unintentional but that’s irrelevant. how that didn’t get a serious look at I’ll never know. Regardless doesn’t excuse how lackluster that second half was

have you ever played football? cowardly is def the wrong word.

especially considering the counter tactics and the amount of goals scored

Thing is city don’t look like they are trying to take the initiative. Not this season… boring to watch man. Had to turn off the game at the weekend cuz it’s too robotic for me. All those ball playing midfielders and no one looks to release your world class forward? This why I don’t wanna see players under this current pep. Kills their creativity. Let’s just blame it on playing grealish

have you ever played football? cowardly is def the wrong word.

especially considering the counter tactics and the amount of goals scored
Think he phrased it wrong but I know exactly what he means and he’s not wrong.

that’s why i said he used the wrong word
but please elaborate
Think I already did! It’s risk aversion football, that emphasizes passing the ball into the net

I guess you have to defend it cuz it’s in your clubs dna

Back
Top Bottom