Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
BC89A911-5D3B-4A05-872F-6657DBEB639B.jpeg

Thing is city don’t look like they are trying to take the initiative. Not this season… boring to watch man. Had to turn off the game at the weekend cuz it’s too robotic for me. All those ball playing midfielders and no one looks to release your world class forward? This why I don’t wanna see players under this current pep. Kills their creativity. Let’s just blame it on playing grealish

Regardless of Citys play this season which I do think some of our players have lacked initiative I would not call a possession based football cowardly compared to other forms. I still think this is mainly on the players Pep doesn’t preach possession for possession sake never has its possession with a purpose he’s gone on and on about how dudes need to find Haaland more in pressers. Where I do fault pep is if some of these players are not gonna play with that purpose don’t play them you still control the lineup. He don’t kill creativity. Mahrez, KDB foden are still who they are he just asks dudes not to be dumb but keep that edge which isn’t something crazy to ask for top class players to strike that balance.

Grealish has been great for us this season especially since the World Cup he’s been key for us. Been better than marhez but people don’t see that cause Mahrez gets the goals

Last edited:
have you ever played football? cowardly is def the wrong word.

especially considering the counter tactics and the amount of goals scored

The amount of skill and patience it takes to play like that is incredible, idk if I would describe it as cowardly. That first half was complete control of the game

Regardless of Citys play this season which I do think some of our players have lacked initiative I would not call a possession based football cowardly compared to other forms. I still think this is mainly on the players Pep doesn’t preach possession for possession sake never has its possession with a purpose he’s gone on and on about how dudes need to find Haaland more in pressers. Where I do fault pep is if some of these players are not gonna play with that purpose don’t play them you still control the lineup. He don’t kill creativity. Mahrez, KDB foden are still who they are he just asks dudes not to be dumb but keep that edge which isn’t something crazy to ask for too class players to strike that balance.

Grealish has been great for us this season especially since the World Cup he’s been key for us. Been better than marhez but people don’t see that cause Mahrez gets the goals
No one is saying that possession based football is cowardly though. Arsenal play possession based and it’s great to watch. I feel like we see this from every pep team eventually. Bayern and Barca were both boring af towards the end.. but football is also subjective.. and this form of city is just not for me. Regardless of results

I’ll take your word on jack. You watch them more than me.. the few times I have seen him, I just feel like he stands out (not for good reasons) in this type of team. What’s up with foden, man tore us apart before WC..

LB - Mendy, Fran
CB - Militao, Rudiger, Alaba, Vallejo
RB - Carvajal, LV, Odrizola, Vini Tobias

Only Nacho is a free agent, there's not really a place for him.

Think Mendy will be on his way. Vallejo is a wash. Carvajal and LV are both great servants, but respectively unreliable. Odriozola should've been sold years ago.

Still think Nacho gets solid game time on either flank AND in the middle.

Think Mendy will be on his way. Vallejo is a wash. Carvajal and LV are both great servants, but respectively unreliable. Odriozola should've been sold years ago.

Still think Nacho gets solid game time on either flank AND in the middle.
A lot of those guys have 1-2 years left, they're just gonna see out their contracts

Odrizola, LV - 2024
Carvajal, Vallejo, Mendy - 2025

No one is saying that possession based football is cowardly though. Arsenal play possession based and it’s great to watch. I feel like we see this from every pep team eventually. Bayern and Barca were both boring af towards the end.. but football is also subjective.. and this form of city is just not for me. Regardless of results

I’ll take your word on jack. You watch them more than me.. the few times I have seen him, I just feel like he stands out (not for good reasons) in this type of team. What’s up with foden, man tore us apart before WC..
I do agree that possession based football does get boring when the players get complacent after time. Either have to change the players or change the manager to fix that. Think we have a chance to do that refresh with Gundogan and Bernardo most likely gone this summer.

Grealish ain’t world class never will be but he’s a good player and a valuable one for us. He don’t give the ball away cheaply he advances it well the only thing he could add more is goals and assists, I know that’s what people key in on even tho that was never really his game to being with but he can still do more there. But outside of that he’s a really good player. Foden just been in bad form since coming back from the World Cup. Maybe going out hit him different than it did others I dunno but he ain’t been fully right. He gonna get it together tho.

Think I already did! It’s risk aversion football, that emphasizes passing the ball into the net

I guess you have to defend it cuz it’s in your clubs dna
risk aversion is just terrible and lazy framing
and not only that, you're actually wrong if you think that's what it's about.
it's incredibly difficult to execute and it's undeniably successful.

risk aversion is just terrible and lazy framing
and not only that, you're actually wrong if you think that's what it's about.
it's incredibly difficult to execute and it's undeniably successful.
Lol shut up.. it’s glorified keep away..you being too pretentious

Completely agree with a lot of whats been said but I guess I’m just a fan boy I think Jack Grealish is world class. He never loses the ball and he is a nightmare to defend. He also works back well to help defensively. Has a really good work rate.

I do think the problem lies in not finding more ways to get the ball in behind to Halland. There is some clout to the argument that City are better without him because everyone seems to be used to that style of play. I think it will come with time though. It’s not as plug and play as people seem to think

one thing for certain (other than @jape’s rose tinted lenses) Haaland would be lethal in that Madrid team. Look at how often they look for vini on the break or for someone to make a run behind the backline…

Completely agree with a lot of whats been said but I guess I’m just a fan boy I think Jack Grealish is world class. He never loses the ball and he is a nightmare to defend. He also works back well to help defensively. Has a really good work rate.

I do think the problem lies in not finding more ways to get the ball in behind to Halland. There is some clout to the argument that City are better without him because everyone seems to be used to that style of play. I think it will come with time though. It’s not as plug and play as people seem to think

I never really thought of it but I'm not sure I agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom