• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is tragic and a robbery. There are so many performances where Vini put the team on his back and did what a BdO does. Nobody can say the same about this Robri. I never once watched this man take over a game last season and thought to myself wow this guy is the best player on the planet right now.
Dude's a CDM. He's easily City's most important player, I don't think there's even a reasonable debate that De Bruyne or anyone else is more important to their performance.
Rodri isn't flashy or anything but he carries that team.

I think City is a disgraceful club that should be relegated into oblivion, stripped of its titles etc, and severed from state-ownership, but I think Rodri's dominance as a CDM and especially his level of consistency is well worthy of winning the Ballon D'Or this year. The guy barely has a bad performance in him.

I wouldn't say Vini winning would've been undeserved but an attacker obviously has a more flashy role, and Vini was very dominant in the CL.
What's going to stick in people's minds is Vini slicing through defences with ease, not Rodri or anyone else in his position. Same reason why Carvajal isn't getting anywhere near as much praise as he deserves.

Last edited:

1730139904058.png

Last edited:
United are dumb.. they really let that fa cup win cloud over a historically bad season and wasted a bunch of money and 6 more months just to fire him now

Agree with all of this.

But I’m glad they didn’t let the sunk cost stop them from doing it now.

Hopefully there’s a decent plan for getting a good replacement but I can’t say I trust the board to get it right given the recent track record…

Not a finalist for player of the year in your league but Ballon d'Or winner????
Awards have generally favored attacking players. The closer your position is to your own goalie, the more likely they won't receive the praise they should.

Exhibit A: Mousa Dembélé from Spurs. Throughout his prime years here, Spurs players repeatedly unanimously named him as the best player in the team, by far. Not Son, not Kane.
Kane and Son likewise agreed and said Dembélé was easily the best in the squad and would bully everyone in training. Yet who won the awards and all the praise? Kane and Son.
The praise for Dembélé mainly came from other top players, not the pundits.

Exhibit B: Carvajal this year. He has been incredible and quite consistent despite his age. But he's not a flashy attacker so he doesn't get praised as highly as he should.

They genuinely think Messi’s camp can rig everything from a World Cup to a Ballon d’Or he isn’t even in the running for :lol:
Madrilistas and Ronaldo fans are the MAGAs of the soccer world. They already have it good but then claim everything is rigged when they dont get their way. It’s all a conspiracy. :lol:

Messi and Ronaldo were on another level… a level we have not seen for a while so even if they didnt win titles everyone knew they were the best.
Since they departed Europe it has not been that clear who the best is so they went with the guy who won 2 big trophies and was a captain and a main contributor to success. Guardiola always praises Rodri and touts how he is the most important player in the Pep system.

Last edited:
I actually hope Vini wins it somehow so all these people crashing out over the Balon Dor was for nothing.

Btw
No one on the pitch in Saturday’s clasico deserved to get the Balon D Or this week…sheesh the amount of open goals missed were ridiculous. 😂

Back
Top Bottom