OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yea signing the new manager's no.1 target who got the best out of him would def be an L alright...:lol:

On the flipside, not signing him would also be considered an L by people who don't even rate him :rofl:

Not signing him would have been a huge W for United.

Because United could have actually gotten some BUSINESS done by now instead of focusing on this sideways pass merchant for the last 3 months.

Every one of your rivals in the EPL has pretty much been done with business for a month now.

ETH wasn't even the manager 3 months ago :lol:

Not gonna fault the club for shooting for the managers main targets he thinks fit his system best during his first summer window, he'd be getting set up to fail otherwise.

The club is still getting other business done at the same time, Martinez and Eriksen are gonna be announced soon and there's still plenty of time left until the end of the window for other needs (September 2nd).

MetalMario MetalMario celta vigo is playing the earthquakes next week but they’re staying in Oakland. You hear anything about training sessions open to the public? Think they might be training at the roots hq whatever that is

ETH wasn't even the manager 3 months ago :lol:

Not gonna fault the club for shooting for the managers main targets he thinks fit his system best during his first summer window, he'd be getting set up to fail otherwise.

The club is still getting other business done at the same time, Martinez and Eriksen are gonna be announced soon and there's still plenty of time left until the end of the window for other needs (September 2nd).

You guys know you’re the golden goose right?

Nice necklace. Certain Brazilian used to wear the same one. 👀
1657892414707.png

Ekitike going to PSG
Lewa on his way to Barca

All the top teams are loading up on attackers, meanwhile we're going to rely on 4 players to score all the goals? I don't love the strategy unless we're positioning for another deadline day deal.

Ekitike going to PSG
Lewa on his way to Barca

All the top teams are loading up on attackers, meanwhile we're going to rely on 4 players to score all the goals? I don't love the strategy unless we're positioning for another deadline day deal.
Who do you want?

Hindsight psg saved Barca with this hijack
Wini gonna end up on the bus at Roma smh

Ekitike going to PSG
Lewa on his way to Barca

we were in the same spot last season and we only brought in Camavinga and Alaba….

Yea who do RM even want?

It’s not like there are a bunch of guaranteed attacking options out there.

Which is another reason why I think CR7 will go to Bayern.

jape jape I learned my lesson with Mariano, I don't just want body, we need some capable. Depay would actually help. Moussa Diaby might be it, will cost a lot more.

Mariano & Asensio still being here isn't ideal at all, Mariano in especially because you can just pay him his salary and he'll go away.

Curious to see that they hasn't been much news to friendlies involving City had a look and apparently only two friendlies before the community shield.

Those Leão and RM rumors died quickly too.

But those rumors were probably intensified in the beginning of the window because they lost out on Mbappe and were scrambling.

I’m thinking the current plan for RM is to use Valverde mainly as a RW. That way Tchouameni and Camavinga could play more, and we have what feels like more “depth” rotating him and Rodrygo there.

Tbh Rodrygo is more talented than some of the players RM have been linked to, although he’s younger and hasn’t fully broken out yet, and also isn’t naturally a RW (but could possibly be molded to one.)

It does feel like we’re missing that last bit of firepower up top, but there also aren’t great RW options out there especially with Gnabry staying too. So as much as I’ve wanted someone new, now I’m thinking we just stick with our squad and make sure the quality players we have on our roster get adequate playing time. Instead of bringing in a new signing that isn’t that good and takes substantial time from other players, hurting continuity and disgruntling players for lack of time.

jape jape I learned my lesson with Mariano, I don't just want body, we need some capable. Depay would actually help. Moussa Diaby might be it, will cost a lot more.

Mariano & Asensio still being here isn't ideal at all, Mariano in especially because you can just pay him his salary and he'll go away.

With both of them leaving we’ll still be ok. Vini, Benz, Rodrygo, Hazard, and Latasa should be able to Pick up the goals this season. Yes, we’ll be asking an aging Benz to pick up the bulk of the goal scoring duties again and hope that Vini continues to develop….but hey…. We played Modric as a false 9 last season, streets wont ever forget that.

All these sales and new wages taking on without any big sales yet...

Something's got to give since they can't even get the other signings registered yet

One of the best defenders in Serie A last season. They might have the best CB partnership in the league if they manage to bring him in while keeping Skriniar

That's crazy money for a 20 year old from Reims man :lol:, they can afford it though

Feels like we have good chemistry in the squad now too. Especially even more so after getting rid of the dead weight. So I’m good with RM’s plan right now to just focus on getting players out for now.

Back
Top Bottom