OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Yea been no way are they signing all these players without big sales :lol:

Apparently Memphis is on the transfer block too.

I don't get their strategy though, why sign Obama and Torres in January if they were gonna go this hard for Lewa and Raphinha and resign Dembele in the summer?

Xavi also wants Bernardo Silva

xavi has openly said all spots need competition at this level.
and i don't think you remember the dire situation barca were in at that time. barca were 9th and declining. no top 4 finish would've really killed the club.
obama made so much sense with how many goals he scored and he was practically free. torres price tag makes it a bit of a head scratcher but he's been great for the club and played a crucial part in bringing the club back to europe.
you can see him in the future peaking with the rest of the youngsters. it makes sense to me that he's an investment. a little too pricey but city allowed installments. they looked for the best solutions in the january window and it paid off.

They've gotta sign a striker now no?

They really were serious about not wanting to be Hollywood FC anymore after bringing in Campos, think it'll pay great dividends for them in the long run

FM legend

the mane effect

1657815021923.png

FDJ coming to the OT

You can call us Ajax United now :pimp:

Just b/c the clubs are in agreement in no way guarantees the move. If Frenkie doesn't want to, nothing can force him (especially w/ a purported 17mil in owed wages).

EDIT: Coming into the thread late today; I see these points were already addressed after OP

Last edited:
vtotheinay vtotheinay thats some high level propaganda :lol:
"mane effect"

What's your percentage probability lewa stays in Germany?

fam...it's a joke. he's gone as soon as you guys find a way to pay FDJ's deferred wages. all the reports say you haven't sent the 50m offer required to close the deal cause FDJ's sale still hasn't gone through

Imagine thinking United or any club is making 10s of million pound offers without already agreeing to terms with a player or knowing the player is open to agreeing to terms :lol:

Lol the Frenkie thing looking like an L for both sides.

How is Frenkie leaving his dream club and city for a sinking ship “fair”?

And also LA Diggler LA Diggler told me the club weren’t dumb enough to draw out negotiations with Barca this long without having an agreement in place already, which looks to be unequivocally wrong. They were that dumb.

Conveniently left the end of that post out. If you think they haven’t talked to his agent/him idk what to tell you man :lol:

fam...it's a joke. he's gone as soon as you guys find a way to pay FDJ's deferred wages. all the reports say you haven't sent the 50m offer required to close the deal cause FDJ's sale still hasn't gone through
Fam, that's why I laughed :lol:
Reports I've read said that lewa's signing isn't dependent on frenkie

Fam, that's why I laughed :lol:
Reports I've read said that lewa's signing isn't dependent on frenkie

I don't believe it, cause the offer was supposed to come in on monday for 50m to close the deal and it never came. at the same time FDJ rejected the transfer that day so it seems like it's reliant on that money currently since you signed raphinha already with the other free cash. regardless, he's gone as we've already removed him from the roster for the team presentation/photo being taken on Saturday. we'll be playing with mane/gnabry being the guy up top with a more fluid attack ala pool/city imo

I don't believe it, cause the offer was supposed to come in on monday for 50m to close the deal and it never came. at the same time FDJ rejected the transfer that day so it seems like it's reliant on that money currently since you signed raphinha already with the other free cash. regardless, he's gone as we've already removed him from the roster for the team presentation/photo being taken on Saturday. we'll be playing with mane/gnabry being the guy up top with a more fluid attack ala pool/city imo
I doubt that cause Barca been busy working on all the other deals. Barca sent offers y'all just wanted more

It seems y'all are the ones that had a sudden sense of urgency right after the de ligt rumors started. Sounds more like y'all need the lewa money to buy de ligt

Deferring wages that they agreed on for their current players while working on signing big stars for big money at the same time...

Conveniently left the end of that post out. If you think they haven’t talked to his agent/him idk what to tell you man :lol:
His agent was literally in the building last week to complete the Malacia deal so to think the club wouldn't have been made aware he wouldn't join back then is kind of absurd :lol:

Timber decided to stay after LVG said his WC spot would be on the line if he didn't play much and the club moved on to the next target immediately. They wouldn't spend weeks working on a deal, and sending top execs out in person to negotiate, without assurances from the player/his reps that a deal was possible.

All the drama is all optics/PR for the papers right now. The selling club wants to push a narrative while still trying to get business done for their benefit, even at the expense of the player. Same way Lewa's name has been getting dragged in the German press recently. Clubs 100% care about optics very intently and work hard at shaping the narrative behind big deals.

Laporta literally said publicly that he wasn't for sale 2 weeks ago yet continued to negotiate until they agreed on a fee/way of paying the deferred wages now they're forcing him out, it's a lot of smoke and mirrors until deals gets signed or abandoned.

Last edited:
His agent was literally in the building last week to complete the Malacia deal so to think the club wouldn't have been made aware he wouldn't join then is kind of absurd :lol:

Timber decided to stay after LVG said his WC spot would be on the line if he didn't play much and the club moved on to the next target immediately. They wouldn't spend weeks working on a deal without assurances from the player/his reps that a deal was possible.
Realistically Timber still isn't going to start over who, VVD, De Vrij, Ake & Botman are all ahead.

Realistically Timber still isn't going to start over who, VVD, De Vrij, Ake & Botman are all ahead.
He's been a starter for them under LVG playing with 3 at the back recently but I think it's more to do with him having a guaranteed spot in the team if he continues being one of the first names on the team sheet for Ajax compared to possibly rotating regularly with the likes of Varane/Vic at United.

That's what Dutch journo's were saying, LVG said he wn't be selected if he's not playing regularly for his club before Qatar

He's been ahead of De Vrij, Ake and Botman in the pecking order as it is

Back
Top Bottom