OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Benzema and lewandowksi still the top two to me. Tenure matters, their resumes combined with how good they still are I have to keep them top two till they fall off significantly. After that mbappe or Haaland wherever you wanna put them at 3rd or 4th best argument can be made either way. Then Kane is 5th.

been meaning to post but the new oktoberfest kit finally came in and it's another beauty. was torn on muller or musiala but I did muller on the green so I decided to change it up. turned out to be a great decision with jamal's performance in it on Friday :lol:

6F293910-4410-4372-ACCD-6F9BFFB0C6AD.jpeg

D29EFE08-29F7-4B5D-8D29-13879B494A86.jpeg

4B60E3ED-77F9-4623-9E20-DBB52EEBD27D.jpeg

benz behind kane is just straight disrespect
man just won the major double for madrid and bout to reel in the balon d or and have the nerve to put kane of all people in front of him
If you read my post I clearly said "at the moment". Benz got 3 goals to his name in all comps. Kane got 7. The list would look different if we're talking about past accolades. Benz would be up top followed by Lewandoski, Mbappe, Kane and then Haaland.

If you read my post I clearly said "at the moment". Benz got 3 goals to his name in all comps. Kane got 7. The list would look different if we're talking about past accolades. Benz would be up top followed by Lewandoski, Mbappe, Kane and then Haaland.
he's been injured bro

Kane has also played all their matches this season while Benz has already missed a few due to injury.

Also can't act like last season is far off already when he's gonna be crowded with the B'Dor for it in a few weeks

Kane has also played all their matches this season while Benz has already missed a few due to injury.

Also can't act like last season is far off already when he's gonna be crowded with the B'Dor for it in a few weeks

he's been injured bro

Again, I said at the moment. Y'all selective when y'all apply certain measures in your arguments. Nunez catches a red card, misses a few matches, the team collectively playing bad etc, and rather than taking all of that into consideration when you judge him, you choose to ignore and call him a bust.

Benz catches a injury and because I said Kane is more in form, so I rank him higher At the moment, not all time, not over the last few months, years etc. Just at the moment and all of a sudden "it's crazy".

Don't think I've ever written Nunez off yet man :lol:

It's early days and he hasn't played much. Not gonna make any definitive judgment on him yet when the whole team has been struggling. He's got qualities that made Klopp drop 100m on him, he can still come good.

Still don't think Kane has ever been a better player than Benz outside of maybe 1-2seasons imo.

I rate Kane too, more than a lot in here. All things equal I'd only pick maybe Haaland over Benz if I needed a 9 right now

Interesting we 7 free agents in 2023 including Benz, Modric & Kroos. I expect Benz & Modric to get one year extensions and Kroos has been leaning towards retirement. Now is the time to start planning for your next starting 9 and Modric-esque replacement, damn it's complicated.

Thought I read that Modric's extention was wrapped up recently. Think it's Kroos that might be leaving next

Don't think I've ever written Nunez off yet man :lol:

It's early days and he hasn't played much. Not gonna make any definite judgment on him yet.

Still don't think Kane has ever been a better player than Benz outside of maybe 1-2seasons imo.

I rate Kane too, more than a lot in here
You're still not understanding. So I'll quote myself and place it below
Again, I said at the moment.

Benz catches a injury and because I said Kane is more in form, so I rank him higher At the moment, not all time, not over the last few months, years etc. Just at the moment and all of a sudden "it's crazy".

And if you want to compare Benz to Kane stat wise you're bugging if you think Kane only has 1 season better than Benz. You're conflating madrids collective victory as a team with Benz stats. You're not even taking into consideration, who had the better supporting cast around them, better management, better club etc. Yet Kane putting up these numbers. Put some respect on his name.
benz vs kane.png

Thought I read that Modric's extention was wrapped up recently. Think it's Kroos that might be leaving next
Modric extension won't be signed until the season ends, to protect themselves against a long term injury. They would like to keep Kroos for 1-2 more years, but he hasn't engaged in contract talks and has always talked about retiring around this age.

Also I imagine if Modric looks toast after the WC, they might tell him it's time.

The Bellingham factor plays a big role in this.

Last edited:
The season Kane finished as the top scorer in Europe for the calender year (2016 or 17 I think) and his season under Mou when he finished top scorer and assist maker in the league are when I'd give him the edge over Benz.

Credit to Kane though, he's become a much more well rounded player over time and his game is much more complete now. Benzema has had that all around game since joining from Lyon though

The season Kane finished as the top scorer in Europe for the calender year (2016 or 17 I think) and his season under Mou when he finished top scorer and assist maker in the league are when I'd give him the edge over Benz.

Credit to Kane though, he's become a much more well rounded player over time and his game is much more complete now. Benzema has had that all around game since joining from Lyon though
The stats are there comparing their seasons. It was more than 1 season.

Back
Top Bottom