OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My argument was mainly for anyone ranking Xavi and Iniesta over Luka since they’re in the same position. I think when it’s all said and done especially if he plays another season or two at this level with deep CL runs, people will even start saying he > Zizou. But 2 years at this age is a long time so we’ll see.
5c84711da7eaaa4e5678c3271d04f421.jpg

Mariano's living the life:

No pressure to perform cause no expects anything
Participation trophies just for being there
In a great city

Just show up for training and take pics for IG. Its all over after this year though :lol:

I see you blocked out a recent CR7-less match from your memories.

Zlatan hasn’t won on the big stage, and couldn’t lead his own undertalented international side like Luka in 2018. And if we want to talk about longevity, Zlatan is top level there but was in the MLS at the age Modric is winning CLs still.

Playing on stacked teams doesn’t make Luka any less of a leader/winner than Zlatan. Also Zlatan isn’t a BdO winner.

1. Modric wasn’t the best player on your recent UCL winning side. That would be Benzema. He’s a legendary and extremely decorated complementary piece, I’ll give you that all day.

2. That Croatia squad was much more talented than any Swedish team Zlatan has ever been on. Vrsaljko, Lovren, Rakitic, Brozovic, Perisic, Kovacic, and Mandzukic all played for “super league clubs.” Please don’t ever call that 2018 Croatia squad “undertalented” again. I get you’re a Real Madrid supporter trying to make a case for your guy, but that’s a laughable statement. That squad was stacked.

3. Zlatan clearly went to the MLS prematurely because he has since gone back to AC Milan and won another Serie A title. Consequentially, that was AC Milan’s first Scudetto since 2011. That squad was led by the same Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan won hardware everywhere he went. He even won 3 trophies for post-SAF Manchester United. Now that’s impressive.

When I tell my kids of the legends of my day, there will be three freaks of nature who managed to ball out from their teenage years into the twilight: Messi, CR7, and Zlatan.

Last edited:
Short term it's a great plan, long term I guess you can go play in the middle east or china to make money, because no serious team is going to pay him anything good.

won't be truly appreciated until he's retired imo. his numbers are silly across the board. league, CL and with Germany. won the wc golden boot at 20 years old and back to back WCs with 5 goals a piece. definitely see him as a manager down the line

Short term it's a great plan, long term I guess you can go play in the middle east or china to make money, because no serious team is going to pay him anything good.
Oh yeah he's definitely done in that regard no question but he'll be hitting 30 next year and got this far coasting....probably hit the Middle East or China like you said and still make a pretty penny. Its all about the money with him.

1. Modric wasn’t the best player on your recent UCL winning side. That would be Benzema. He’s a legendary and extremely decorated complementary piece, I’ll give you that all day.

2. That Croatia squad was much more talented than any Swedish team Zlatan has ever been on. Vrsaljko, Lovren, Rakitic, Brozovic, Perisic, Kovacic, and Mandzukic all played for “super league clubs.” Please don’t ever call that 2018 Croatia squad “undertalented” again. I get you’re a Real Madrid supporter trying to make a case for your guy, but that’s a laughable statement. That squad was stacked.

3. Zlatan clearly went to the MLS prematurely because he has since gone back to AC Milan and won another Serie A title. Consequentially, that was AC Milan’s first Scudetto since 2011. That squad was led by the same Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan won hardware everywhere he went. He even won 3 trophies for post-SAF Manchester United. Now that’s impressive.

When I tell my kids of the legends of my day, there will be three freaks of nature who managed to ball out from their teenage years into the twilight: Messi, CR7, and Zlatan.
Yeah, I don't understand how Zlatan isn't in the top 3 conversations. Hell, At one point Suarez was in there too. It's okay to put the homerism away for a minute.

To add to the zlatan argument.. he’s done the business in EVERY league he’s graced. That alone is impressive.. always felt like he should have ended up in madrid at some point.

Look I’ll accept everyone’s opinions because y’all are making valid arguments but no way in hell muller is top 3 of the last 20 years.
Lahm is right there too :lol:

Will say that the way that Muller has evolved from an elite poacher into one of the best playmakers in the world is very impressive

I'm watching this all or nothing on Man City and Delph out here talking like he a bad man. Toure and Kompany said that they lost to United because they got more physical, which was correct. Delph starts going off on them and saying that wasn't the reason. Talking bout "its the basics".:rofl:

Look I’ll accept everyone’s opinions because y’all are making valid arguments but no way in hell muller is top 3 of the last 20 years.
Not top 3, but argument could be made for top 4-5. He fell off a cliff for a year or 2, but reinvented himself tremendously and extended his shelf life. People were talking about him having to retire or having to go to United. Man said **** that and came back a different player.

I wasn't putting him in that 3rd best player spot, was just sharing the video cause it came up on my feed. if you start diving into the goal+assist numbers though he's definitely in the top 10 imo and possibly top 5. he's still only 32 and has 2-3 more years at a top level

1660175916287.png

1660176069801.png

1660175997662.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom