OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Sheesh. That’s not a good look to say this right now

This was pretty clear to see when we went up 2 at west ham. And when he was so nonchalant and gifted a goal 10 seconds into the Southampton game

Sheesh. That’s not a good look to say this right now

This was pretty clear to see when we went up 2 at west ham. And when he was so nonchalant and gifted a goal 10 seconds into the Southampton game

20230428_061704.jpg

Kinda blew my mind to read that the Gunners have conceded more than United, shellackings and all :lol:
After the World Cup idk what happened but we cant keep a clean sheet for ****

Jacked Fernando Torres is hilarious for some reason

After the World Cup idk what happened but we cant keep a clean sheet for ****

Jacked Fernando Torres is hilarious for some reason
Some of these kids aren't used to the lights. Ramsdale being main culprit with some of his DDG inspired mistakes. Losing Saliba hurt but Holding, Rammers, Zinchenko, and too often White, all looked like they couldn't deal with the heightened pressure.

If the defense can stay healthy next year and we find a striker that can either challenge Pouty Gabi or straight up replace him, we'll be back in the title race.

Season done. All by our own hand.
As much as I hate to say it, I think you guys did very very well either way. At the end of the day, you're up against a literal country with a godlike squad, unlimited funds and overinflated 'sponsorships' from companies that coincidentally happen to be linked to Sheikh Mansour.

So new format is basically a mini league top 8 in last 8 determined by a play-in? Simple to understand but a goofy unnecessary change. I can also see the drama that could come from a format like this that people could get excited about so once those moments happen in a few years I doubt most will make a fuss.

Regardless any changes being made to the UCL format were made in response to appease the clubs that wanted the super league. People will get made at UEFA (rightfully so don’t give a damn about them) but this doesn’t happen if the big clubs didn’t want what they wanted either which they do get wit this. More guaranteed matches played between the bigger clubs = more revenue which is all they ever wanted.

So new format is basically a mini league top 8 in last 8 determined by a play-in? Simple to understand but a goofy unnecessary change.

Regardless any changes being made to the UCL format were made in response to appease the clubs that wanted the super league. People will get made at UEFA (rightfully so don’t give a damn about them) but this doesn’t happen if the big clubs didn’t want what they wanted either which they do get wit this. More guaranteed matches played between the bigger clubs = more revenue which is all they ever wanted.

Exactly.

Let’s not act like your clubs aren’t happy this. This is sort of what they wanted.

They could’ve stopped this. But they didn’t.

No fans did yea we never do when it comes to big format changes :lol: . But the people who run the big/power clubs and feds have always wanted more games between those clubs to increase revenue

Back
Top Bottom