Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Point taken, and I do think depth or deepness is overrated in music.

Do you like the music and does it move you in a certain way? That's really all that matters and anything else is mostly ancillary and ornamental tbh.

Most wouldn't say Rent Money is deep, but if it moves you in a certain way, then why does it matter? I only used Rent Money because that's my favorite song out right now.
Facts.  A song doesnt have to be full of double and triple entendres to be deep or meaningful.  Everyone tells their story in their own way.  Some artists use complex bars to paint their picture, some use nice flows and melodies.

I find alot of people never enjoy alot of the good art thats out there because they always compare it to sonething that its not meant to be, instead of just taking it as what it is.

Last edited:
people just try to protect their taste profile

acting like they only participate in the most exquisite of affairs

like they never ate at mcdonalds before

steaks aren't good everyday and neither are big macs

I really think Future, whether intentionally or not, is very, very good with juxtaposition. So while the obviously "deep" tracks aren't numerous, he has really cutting lines in songs that are seemingly mindless. To be going in the booth and doing this from the heart/head, I think it's obvious that he's pretty emotionally intelligent and it comes across in his music and the fact that he really can't shake certain sad feelings, even when he's bragging or boasting. I don't think being subtle or particularly clever is something he tries for so it's easy to say he's not being "deep" because he's saying exactly what he means, for the most part.

Off that, HNDRXX might be my favorite thing he's come out with since a Monster. No lie. His chains rattling throughout "My Collection" is spiritual, man. :lol:

Last edited:
I feel like you have to come up in a certain environment and/or experience certain things to really feel Future's music. I see why the F up some Commas of the world are the tracks you enjoy the most...You wouldn't feel the "When I was broke" type tracks because you white, you never been broke.

Future like the trap Kid Cudi...He so good at what he does that anybody can enjoy his "commercial" music but when they really in their zone, you probably would have had to go thru the things they're talking about to truly grasp it.

Shoutout to NT for having discussions about Future's emotional intelligence using examples from his catalog.

:nthat:

Last edited:
I feel like you have to come up in a certain environment and/or experience certain things to really feel Future's music. I see why the F up some Commas of the world are the tracks you enjoy the most...You wouldn't feel the "When I was broke" type tracks because you white, you never been broke.

Future like the trap Kid Cudi...He so good at what he does that anybody can enjoy his "commercial" music but when they really in their zone, you probably would have had to go thru the things they're talking about to truly grasp it.

Nah, never been broke, but some of my white students at the inner city school I work at would tell you they know the feeling. That comment is too much.

And I've got a long personal history with anxiety/depression -- runs in the family. Not going to get into it. Still haven't messed with a Cudi album in like 5 years. Maybe you thought Speedin Bullet to Heaven was good...

Last edited:
HNDRXX got some tracks but it aint better than Future

And Cudi last album was fire. Top 5 album from last yr easily for me

Speeding Bullet was hot garbage tho

Last edited:
I think the thought that Future doesn't have any depth may be grounded in the concept that people from the hood life is simple and that their message, since the subject matter is mostly drugs, violence, and women can't be deep or meaningful.

Future showed his depth when he begins to talk about his life and the people in it. Does he often use 3+ syllable words? No, but I at least get the feeling that he is legitimately talking about his life in short bursts. Even his struggles with drugs or past relationships come up.

I truly tire of people who feel the only music worth listening to has to be uplifting, inspiring, or thought provoking. Music is art. Enjoy the abstract from time to time

THE PROBLEMATIC LIGHT IS ON.

But real talk. I related to that song heavily. It took me back to the days I was making like 1200 a month and supporting myself and my girl at the time. Me and her don't date anymore but every time we see each other its respect.

The because you white part of 7ths post coulda been worded better. No need to bring race into the equation

Honestly the only reason i can see for dudes not feeling these albums but liking his past ish is that they got caught in the wave during the 3 peat & now since thats kinda faded their overall interest in Futures music has faded too

For every 1 or 2 songs with depth and meaning, fam drops 6-8 songs with only turning up and stunting in mind.

It's all how ppl work with the ratios

Honestly the only reason i can see for dudes not feeling these albums but liking his past ish is that they got caught in the wave during the 3 peat & now since thats kinda faded their overall interest in Futures music has faded too

That's exactly what it is

The because you white part of 7ths post coulda been worded better. No need to bring race into the equation

7th didn't bring race into it. Sonunox34 did by pointing out that he was white and therefore couldn't be a "real N" (that statement begs the question of what the requirements to be a "real N" are... but I digress :rolleyes).

Last edited:
That's the conundrum. His manager said that what Ellen reported was false... but we don't know why Ellen would come up with that of all things.

Back
Top Bottom