Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

I think the thought that Future doesn't have any depth may be grounded in the concept that people from the hood life is simple and that their message, since the subject matter is mostly drugs, violence, and women can't be deep or meaningful.

Future showed his depth when he begins to talk about his life and the people in it. Does he often use 3+ syllable words? No, but I at least get the feeling that he is legitimately talking about his life in short bursts. Even his struggles with drugs or past relationships come up.

I truly tire of people who feel the only music worth listening to has to be uplifting, inspiring, or thought provoking. Music is art. Enjoy the abstract from time to time

Future's music to me is like No Limit in the 90s....and I loved No Limit in the 90s. I know it's not the deepest, most thought provoking stuff around, but when I put it on, it SOUNDS good. Basically, if I put your music on and it makes me want to pick up a basketball, you're good with me :smokin

Honestly the only reason i can see for dudes not feeling these albums but liking his past ish is that they got caught in the wave during the 3 peat & now since thats kinda faded their overall interest in Futures music has faded too

That's exactly what it is
I see that point, but on Hendrxx, he's not doing anything he hasn't done before (singing RnB type stuff) but that is ALL that is on the album...no balance.

The way he slips introspective glimpses of his personal pain in the midst of braggadocious bars about material things is only matched by Max B.

I think the thought that Future doesn't have any depth may be grounded in the concept that people from the hood life is simple and that their message, since the subject matter is mostly drugs, violence, and women can't be deep or meaningful.

Future showed his depth when he begins to talk about his life and the people in it. Does he often use 3+ syllable words? No, but I at least get the feeling that he is legitimately talking about his life in short bursts. Even his struggles with drugs or past relationships come up.

I truly tire of people who feel the only music worth listening to has to be uplifting, inspiring, or thought provoking. Music is art. Enjoy the abstract from time to time
Very well written and very true.

The because you white part of 7ths post coulda been worded better. No need to bring race into the equation
7th didn't bring race into it. Sonunox34 did by pointing out that he was white and therefore couldn't be a "real N" (that statement begs the question of what the requirements to be a "real N" are... but I digress
eyes.gif
).
laugh.gif

I don't see how you could be a huge fan of Monster & not like FUTURE.

FUTURE is the sequel to Monster.

The part I had a problem with was You wouldn't feel the "When I was broke" type tracks because you white, you never been broke.

Care to tell us what it means to be a real N after you're through letting us know what you have problems with?

The part I had a problem with was You wouldn't feel the "When I was broke" type tracks because you white, you never been broke.

And then you said you've never been broke...so what's the problem with what I said?

Cause being white has nothing to do with it, I have white students who come to school here from shelters and wear the same clothes every day, poverty isn't exclusive to any race. I thought that was common sense.

Care to tell us what it means to be a real N after you're through letting us know what you have problems with?

You gonna try and come at me for NOT claiming to be a "real N"? That's ok, I'll just say I don't identify that way and it would be a mistake for me to do otherwise. You're reaching.

Last edited:
Reaching for what exactly? Nothing wrong with not being a real n, but you knew that already. Fact is you tossed in race, when you could've made the same statement by mentioning only that you're a 28 year old school teacher. You brought race into the equation, 7th didn't.

Last edited:
After days of listening to future... this **** is dope.

I agree that he's been on this run a minute now and people are looking for a reason not to **** with him. It happens to everybody.

7th didn't bring race into it. Sonunox34 did by pointing out that he was white and therefore couldn't be a "real N" (that statement begs the question of what the requirements to be a "real N" are... but I digress :rolleyes).

Breh when the last time you heard a white boy call themselves a "real n_"? :lol:

If you wanna be technical with it actually Don brought race into this with that very statement. If he states his point in another way without that saying in it i doubt we get sonuoux reply & 7ths post (which i agreed with for the most part, other than that because you white sentence)

All i was saying was that he coulda made that same exact point without bringing dude race into even if son brought it up himself.

This race argument ish is extra to me tho cuz i dont feel like that ever had any impact on why he aint like this project. I stated why & even Wavy agreed with and he NEVER does that lol

But im done with all this. It aint gon solve anything. Im just gon get back to the music & Future news

so was a third album an alternative fact?
I kinda wanna know this too

That's the conundrum. His manager said that what Ellen reported was false... but we don't know why Ellen would come up with that of all things.

Has he appeared on Ellen yet? I honestly think it may have been a typo & he was just supposed to be speaking on his latest albums lol. But i hope im wrong :nerd:

I was the one who mentioned homie wasn't a real N. I didn't care what race he was, but I called him out for being a culture vulture and saying he had no depth after DS2. You can be ignorant to the things you don't know or relate to, which is why I also said he may not understand the message. Also, being an educator, why are you calling your students music garbage? You seemed to brag about that before even asking them why they may like the song or artist.

sonunox34 sonunox34

My fault if i offended you but I stand by what I said my G...you gotta be able to relate to the **** in some way shape or form. You threw me off with the Generic Trap rap thing like I said, because this definitely ain't that. That **** kinda hurt my feelings cause this ***** making Gospel music in my opinion.. But then you said the dude not good at hooks or melodies...like cmon bro that's what he's known for before anything...Comments like that tell me it's just not for you because you clearly not hearing the music the same way I am. You like turn up anthems, that's cool.

I think we had this same convo when purple reign dropped

the album titled song kicked it off last time lol

I always laugh when I see the suburban off beat frat boys at these trap artist shows. U know they resonate with the commercial material and like the cool beats/catchy hooks. But a feds did a sweep type song comes on how do they really feel it? The Carlton banks type black dude love wasted but can't feel chicken talk Gucci. Most of that shot is just foreign words on a beat because the lingo going way over their heads.

Last edited:
I always laugh when I see the suburban off beat frat boys at these trap artist shows. U know they resonate with the commercial material and like the cool beats/catchy hooks. But a feds did a sweep type song comes on how do they really feel it? The Carlton banks type black dude love wasted but can't feel chicken talk Gucci. Most of that shot is just foreign words on a beat because the lingo going way over their heads.

Watch this vid if you find that kinda stuff funny :lol:...

Dont worry bout the performance or the rappers, just look & listen to the crowd :rofl:

Watch this vid if you find that kinda stuff funny :lol:...

Dont worry bout the performance or the rappers, just look & listen to the crowd :rofl:

Got damn both of 'em trash :lol:

That whole place looked liked like weirdo heaven :lol:

Back
Top Bottom