OFFICIAL: GAME 1 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS LAKERS 6.3.10 9pm ET ABC

Funny how LA people think lakers are so close to surpass Boston Celtics in terms of championships when LA only won 10 in LA when boston won all of their 17's in Boston.

Remember Minneapolis lakers is NOT LA Lakers.

LA has a long way to go.

So those Minneapolis titles go to Minnesota? Come on son.

Lakers in 5, yeah I said it and been saying it since the season started. As I said this would be the matchup in the Finals, Cavs out in 2nd round, and Bron bout to leave mad.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--For the sake of argument though...if we see Boston in the Finals again...I say 4-2 in favor of Boston. With us winning games 1 and 4. Boston taking games 2,3,5 and

For the sake of argument...I'm not listening to this Laker "fan"

I see the Lakers taking it in 7 and winning game 1 Thursday.

--People already know I pull this kind of stuff for "luck". Ask Westcoastfinest.
--Look what happened when I said the Suns have the momentum now (after game 4) and would win the series in 6....
nerd.gif

--Nonetheless..you should know how I roll now. Lets GO LAKERS!!

pimp.gif

Should be a great series.

We need to just be physical inside and use our fouls, disrupt Pau and Bynum. Plus everybody will have to help in stopping Kobe,

pimp.gif

Should be a great series.

We need to just be physical inside and use our fouls, disrupt Pau and Bynum. Plus everybody will have to help in stopping Kobe,

The longer the series, the better it is for the Lakers.

Funny how LA people think lakers are so close to surpass Boston Celtics in terms of championships when LA only won 10 in LA when boston won all of their 17's in Boston.

Remember Minneapolis lakers is NOT LA Lakers.

LA has a long way to go.

What? It's the same franchise.

The Lakers might have Artest but now we have a much better pg in Rondo,hes matured so much since '08 and he can take games over. Bynum won't be as big an offensive presence with Perkins guarding him and the Celtics bench is much better than LA's (except for Odom) I have my Celtics in 6 like last time. Gonna be a great series though, BEAT LA!!

I want Kobe to get that 5th ring but I think the Lakers lack of perimeter offense will be the difference, plus tough hard defense seems to get them rattled easily.

lakers in 7

I think LA will be down 3-2 after 5 games then they'll win the last 2 home games

it will be a classic game 7 down to the wire

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I want Kobe to get that 5th ring but I think the Lakers lack of perimeter offense will be the difference, plus tough hard defense seems to get them rattled easily.

? KB has being playing on the perimeter for the majority of the entire playoffs. Fish has been solid as well and Ron looks to be finally coming on. The difference will be the big guys: will they be able to be tougher than in 2008, Boston's dominance inside is why they beat us.

Rondo is a lot better, so I don't think KB's disrespectful D will work but I don't think he's going to be chasing Ray around on screens all game either.

This is a manhood series, Lakers have to show they don't want to be punked again.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

kobe about to lose another NBA Finals with the best supporting cast in the nba.

What you talking about foo??

Boston has 3 Hall of Famers, their beast of a PG, Perkinks who is no sloutch, and a better bench then Lakers.

GTFOHWTBS.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

? KB has being playing on the perimeter for the majority of the entire playoffs. Fish has been solid as well and Ron looks to be finally coming on. The difference will be the big guys: will they be able to be tougher than in 2008, Boston's dominance inside is why they beat us.

Rondo is a lot better, so I don't think KB's disrespectful D will work but I don't think he's going to be chasing Ray around on screens all game either.

This is a manhood series, Lakers have to show they don't want to be punked again.
Aside from Kobe though, the other guys like Odom, Artest and the bench...its brutal watching them shoot 3's. The Suns D made the Lakers so confused out there at times and Boston will be no exception. Gasol is gonna have to man up and not shoot 2 FG's or hook shoots from 10 ft out.

PHX is unique though, I don't think they'll play much if any zone D, which the Lakers had problems with, but seemed to solve the last 2 games of the series. This should play more to their strengths, Artest will be a key factor though if the Celtics do play that wall of the paint kinda D, he's probably going to be open again so he'll have to knock down those open shots. Pau, don't know what has happened to him, but he HAS to be a factor late in games, stop being so soft out there.

Who remembers Vlad trying to guard PP and Sasha off the bench playing heavy minutes trying to keep up with Ray Ray?
frown.gif
mad.gif

Match ups are much better across the board for LA this time around and LA has home court advantage.

pau and bynum needs to be a factor. celtics got the type of players that can get under their skin with their physicality and trash talking. you know kobe is an assassin and will do his thing, but the rest of the lakers i'm not sure, especially the bench. will kobe get flustered when he gets no support and have to take over by himself and carry them or will he stick to the game plan?

lets see what tom thibodeau has up his sleeves for the lakers. the lakers were all business during the celebration, not wearing the wcf caps and shirts, but the celtics are a focused team, too, trying to win their second championship. these guys want to be talked about as one of the better teams in celtic's history.

Pau received his Gasoft nickname after he was getting punked left and right a few years back against the C's.

Boston has been on a roll lately, and having been playing great, but I think its a lot more personal this time.

Dont forget we didnt have Bynum AT ALL last time around. Im real confident this time.

Artest better stay on his feet when guarding Pierce, I know Ron can barely jump anyway but still, this dude Pierce relies heavily on his jabstep, dribble, stepback, pumpfake and force the contact move.

Cant wait, this #%@* is classic!

Lakers in 6!

pimp.gif

I want to see Artest play defense on Pierce like he did on Carmelo in that one game in February. Carmelo shot 7-19, had 8 turnovers and fouled out.

I expect a much better series than the one in 2008.

Lakers in 7.

my heart wants Lakers in 4 of the most lopsided games in the history of the finals, but it'll probably be Lakers in 6 hard fought games.

Artest better deliver on what he told Kobe two years ago, Gasol and Bynum have to man up in the paint and Odom has to play to his full potential this series.

Back
Top Bottom