Official Game 3 Lakers @ Nuggets 5:30PM EST Post 4/26 TNT

does anyone find it interesting how the denver nuggets pr machine almost immediately came out to defend george karl after carmelo anthony's comments?

i wonder what that might mean for carmelo anthony or some of the other high profile players on that team because as of now, there is no cohesion or unity.

At the end of the day, I can accept when the team doesn't win but I can't accept when the effort just isn't there.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Well on the Cavs/Wiz game, they just said reports are that George Karl WILL RETURN as Nuggets HC.
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
series ain't even over yet. why they making off seasonannouncments

Terrible. I'm so, so disappointed with the Nuggs' performance.

First of all, the Denver home crowd... I guess I give them credit for being more classy than the Lakers fans at Staples by not resorting to hurtful chantstowards Hiss. But this is the playoffs and I truly expected to hear something along the lines of "Ea-Gle Coun-Ty". Not no damn MVP chants.
smh.gif

The piss-poor attempt at a "white-out' was terrible too. It looked like half the crowd was rocking whatever they wanted to. Why not hand out powderblue shirts or yellow ones?
smh.gif

Secondly, it's clear that AI has tuned out GK. I've never seen him look so disinterested when in the huddle. He never had that type of attitude when LBwas his coach. And from the comments being made by the players on the team, AI is clearly a strong presence in the locker room. I think it's safe to saythat if AI isn't happy, then team morale will suffer. Melo's comments about "quitting" seemed to be directed towards GK having AI on thebench for the entire 4th. Kenyon also made a comment about AI sitting down.
The bottom line is that if AI and GK aren't seeing eye-to-eye, one of them HAS to go. And since Karl is the one behind the defensive strategies, thenI'd say he should go.

I mean, if he stays... as a form of protest, the players could start off next season tanking just to get him out of the head coach's chair. I dunno, itlooks like ugly times coming for the Nuggets.

But first and more importantly, let's see how this team responds in game 4.

First of all, the Denver home crowd... I guess I give them credit for being more classy than the Lakers fans at Staples by not resorting to hurtful chants towards Hiss. But this is the playoffs and I truly expected to hear something along the lines of "Ea-Gle Coun-Ty". Not no damn MVP chants.
The piss-poor attempt at a "white-out' was terrible too. It looked like half the crowd was rocking whatever they wanted to. Why not hand out powder blue shirts or yellow ones?

i was at the game and the nuggets fans were yelling out "hurtful chants" they were saying "no means no" but as wack as denvers effort towin the game was it was the same way with the crowd trying to get chants started. That white out attempt was annoying before the game every copule of minutesthe pa announcer would come on saying "for those just entering the arena its time to white out the lakers throw on those t-shirts blah blah..

when that didnt work they tried puttin people on blast by puttin em up on the jumbotron during timeouts if they didnt have the shirts on..a few people caved injust so they could get off the jumbo tron but all in all nobody really cared about the "white out."

as far as AI and Karl go it was funny when Karl put him in with like 1:44 left in the 4th a lil girl that was sitting next to me said "wow an AI sightingi forgot he played for the nuggets hes been out so long."

and the nuggets are too cheap to splurge for anyything other than a white t, the billionaires that own the team dont wana shell out and extra $3 a shirt to getcolored ones.

ai has a bad history with larry brown as well..... it is well documented that it was a rocky relationship and a blind mancould see ai was at fault. why?because you supposed to do as coach tells you to do...

ultrasur1:
carmelo got some nerve claiming "we" as in "we" quit las night.

i ain't about to mistake those comments for leadership when he was the worst culprit of all

dude's star is falling

That bolded part of your middle line is EXACTLY what I thought. I was keeping it to myself because I didn't want people jumping all over forme, so I'll just quote you and say 'That's exactly what I was thinking.'

As soon as I read it I thought "How's this dude going to try and paint himself as a leader after being down 0-3, and his team was only in any of the 3games for a few minutes of each game? His team has been getting blitzed by the opponent for 3 games, but NOW he's going to try and talk to us like he'sa leader?'

I will offer this in his defense, though: I'm not sure picking up Iverson has helped his career. I like Melo and I consider myself a fan, and I likeIverson and I consider myself a fan. But I'm not sure that iverson has the type of game that a championship team can be built around, and that'sunfortunate for Melo. I think if a more defined 1-guard was in Denver (like... saaaay... Andre Miller... maybe), Melo WOULD be the leader, and the team WOULDbe better right now. We wouldn't be playing them right now as the 8th seed; we'd be playing someone else.

That is not to say... I AM NOT SAYING... that Miller is better than Iverson. No way. No how. Not in this lifetime. Not in the next lifetime. Not in America.Not in Greenland. Not ever, at any time, in any place.

I'm simply saying that Andre Miller would fit in with Denver better, even though he is an inferior player.

SHUGES:
it's clear that AI has tuned out GK. I've never seen him look so disinterested when in the huddle. He never had that type of attitude when LB was his coach.
I don't know, SHUGES; that ain't how I remember things between Iverson and Brown.
NobleKane:
ai has a bad history with larry brown as well..... it is well documented that it was a rocky relationship
That's how I remember things. From what I remember, there was constant friction between AI and LB, especially towards the end of theirrelationship. And the friction was centered around Iverson wanting things to be done one way... and LB wanting things to be done a different way.

They had a rocky relationship, yes.

But it has also been well-documented that AI loves LB. Ya'll forgot about AI pulling a T.O. on the SAS show? "That's my coach, *sniff sniff*.That's my coach man. *sniff*"

And at this stage of his career, I'm sure AI knows that LB only wanted the best for him.

Even through the "rocky relationship", I still don't recall AI ever tuning out LB.

Whether he truly likes him or not is debatable. But the respect AI has for Brown is not. And the respect AI has for GK also is clearly not at the same level asit is for LB.

Nah, you're right; I did forget about that Stephen A. interview.

It probably was more of a 'I don't necessarily like you, but you're an awesome coach, so let's go to work and do what we do.'

Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson are not overrated or washed up at all. Those two guys, along with Denver's good cast of role players are just the epitomeof a talented group of guys who just simply are not a very good team. Denver has a ton of talent and absolutely no cohesion. We have fielded teams like that,especially back in the late 90's, so I actually have some sympathy for the Nugs, as we send this talented but dysfunctional unit home for the summer,tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom