Official Game 3 Lakers @ Nuggets 5:30PM EST Post 4/26 TNT

This Melo overrated stuff has to stop. He's far from overrated....I think you guys forget that he WAS the leader of that team until AI came totown...he's going to defer to him. Yes he had a turrible game tonight but to say he isn't a star??? No. Stop that. They just need a freakin coach toget him and the rest of that team to care about playing D.

Broom time!!!!!!
pimp.gif

Not sure if anyone watched Sportscenter tonight, but they showed Melo being interviewed after the game and he just said the entire team from the players to allof the coaches have just quit and that it happened in the 3rd quarter today.

"Well, I don't think I quit," Karl retorted. "... In the fourth quarter, I tried to find some answers. ... I don't think that's a fair, I think 'Melo's emotional right now, he's frustrated right now, as we all are."
roll.gif
laugh.gif
at this poor bastard trying to save his job.You're DONE Karl... DONE!!!

This Melo overrated stuff has to stop. He's far from overrated....I think you guys forget that he WAS the leader of that team until AI came to town...he's going to defer to him. Yes he had a turrible game tonight but to say he isn't a star??? No. Stop that. They just need a freakin coach to get him and the rest of that team to care about playing D.

Thank you. People are acting like Denver was the Mecca of basketball before Melo came. Dude is 23 and has been the best player on the Olympicsquad. He does have some soul-searching to do, but shipping him is not the answer to any of Denver's problems.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

"Well, I don't think I quit," Karl retorted. "... In the fourth quarter, I tried to find some answers. ... I don't think that's a fair, I think 'Melo's emotional right now, he's frustrated right now, as we all are."
roll.gif
laugh.gif
at this poor bastard trying to save his job. You're DONE Karl... DONE!!!

This Melo overrated stuff has to stop. He's far from overrated....I think you guys forget that he WAS the leader of that team until AI came to town...he's going to defer to him. Yes he had a turrible game tonight but to say he isn't a star??? No. Stop that. They just need a freakin coach to get him and the rest of that team to care about playing D.

Thank you. People are acting like Denver was the Mecca of basketball before Melo came. Dude is 23 and has been the best player on the Olympic squad.

This ain't the soft Olympic. It's the NBA playoff. Melo= crap

[h1]Karl's job appears safe win or lose[/h1]

With the Nuggets down 3-0 in their first-round playoff series to Los Angeles Lakers, a top Nuggets executive dismissed speculation about George Karl's job future.

"The question doesn't even merit a response,'' said Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien when asked if there's a chance Karl might not be back.

A source close to the situation stressed Karl will be Denver's coach at training camp next fall regardless of what happens the rest of this series. But any decision ultimately will be up to Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke.

"It's a business,'' said Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, when asked about speculation regarding Karl's job status, especially if the Nuggets were to be swept 4-0. "We hear things every day about us, about us players . . . People are going to have an opinion. I can't really say if it's good or bad.''

Karl, who arrived in Denver in January 2005, has two years and about $6 million left on his contract. There has been speculation regarding his job for a few months, including the February start-up of the Web site www.firegeorgekarl.com, which has been mentioned several times on ESPN.com.

Saturday's 102-84 home loss to the Lakers dropped Karl's Nuggets playoff record to 3-15, including 1-6 at home.

Link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/apr/26/karls-job-appears-safe-win-or-lose/

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

roll.gif
laugh.gif
at this poor bastard trying to save his job. You're DONE Karl... DONE!!!

Thank you. People are acting like Denver was the Mecca of basketball before Melo came. Dude is 23 and has been the best player on the Olympic squad.

This ain't the soft Olympic. It's the NBA playoff. Melo= crap

So now no one cared about the US losing in the Olympics in the recent years and finally being back on track for an Olympic Gold this summer?
eyes.gif
In this series, yes, Melo has been pretty bad. But what will shipping him out dofor Denver? He cruised this season and has shown no heart thus far in the playoffs. Plus the DUI. Like I added, he has some soul-searching to do. But he stillmade Denver at the very least a team worth talking about, yet now the answer is to ship him out? The entire team sucked. I want to see how this team plays whenCOACHED.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

[h1]Karl's job appears safe win or lose[/h1]

With the Nuggets down 3-0 in their first-round playoff series to Los Angeles Lakers, a top Nuggets executive dismissed speculation about George Karl's job future.

"The question doesn't even merit a response,'' said Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien when asked if there's a chance Karl might not be back.

A source close to the situation stressed Karl will be Denver's coach at training camp next fall regardless of what happens the rest of this series. But any decision ultimately will be up to Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke.

"It's a business,'' said Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, when asked about speculation regarding Karl's job status, especially if the Nuggets were to be swept 4-0. "We hear things every day about us, about us players . . . People are going to have an opinion. I can't really say if it's good or bad.''

Karl, who arrived in Denver in January 2005, has two years and about $6 million left on his contract. There has been speculation regarding his job for a few months, including the February start-up of the Web site www.firegeorgekarl.com, which has been mentioned several times on ESPN.com.

Saturday's 102-84 home loss to the Lakers dropped Karl's Nuggets playoff record to 3-15, including 1-6 at home.
Link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/apr/26/karls-job-appears-safe-win-or-lose/

Whatever. What they expect the guy to say? "Well George understands that this series was his last chance to save his job and it appears that won'tbe happening." Right. Karl will step down to take care of "family issues." Watch.

It's over
pimp.gif
I called a sweep as my second guess... my first was losethis game because I didn't want to be overconfident, but regardless, WE WON!!!
This game got boring fast, and I fell asleep in the 4thQ with liek 4-5 minutes left or somethin and fell asleep for a good 4-5 hours
laugh.gif

Monday night let's finish this up, so we can get ready for the Jazz
pimp.gif

I hope Houston wins at least 1 more game, but it's not a big deal cuz we'll be ready no matter what
pimp.gif

sighh... the nuggets were trash today. actually, they've been trash for the whole series, play with some fire and passion!

Piss-poor efforts like today from Melo is what people harp on when talking about complete 3's in the NBA. Ya'll are straight up making excuses for thekid by partially putting the blame on Iverson's presence. When this trade went down, some of you Nuggets fans were ready to hoist the championship bannerup to the rafters. The thing that is keeping Melo from being one of the best 3's in the NBA, is Melo. He quit and there is no getting around it. He is oneof the most skilled offensive threats in the L, but his head ain't on straight. After the DUI and other mishaps, maybe the Nuggets brass needs to step backand re-evaluate who is going to be on the floor for the 08-09 season. Whether that means TRADING Melo, I don't know. There needs to be a change in cultureconcerning hoops in Denver. You need more players who are going to leave EVERYTHING on the floor no matter what the score of the game is. It's one thing ifyour shots arent falling, because that happens all the time in the NBA. However, if those shots aren't falling you need to look at yourself in the mirrorand decide how you can help the team in other areas. Playing stellar D, hitting the glass, creating opportunities for your teammates, etc etc...Coming backfrom an 0-3 hole isn't impossible...it's more on the side of improbable, but it can be done. The Nuggets will go into game 4 a deflated team. There isno question. I'm curious to see WHO is going to show up and compete. The NBA is more than collecting paychecks and decking yourself out in somegaudy/flashy Gucci. If you ain't doing it for the love of actually hoopin', then get off the floor. Let's see what happens in game 4....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Piss-poor efforts like today from Melo is what people harp on when talking about complete 3's in the NBA. Ya'll are straight up making excuses for the kid by partially putting the blame on Iverson's presence. When this trade went down, some of you Nuggets fans were ready to hoist the championship banner up to the rafters. The thing that is keeping Melo from being one of the best 3's in the NBA, is Melo. He quit and there is no getting around it. He is one of the most skilled offensive threats in the L, but his head ain't on straight. After the DUI and other mishaps, maybe the Nuggets brass needs to step back and re-evaluate who is going to be on the floor for the 08-09 season. Whether that means TRADING Melo, I don't know. There needs to be a change in culture concerning hoops in Denver. You need more players who are going to leave EVERYTHING on the floor no matter what the score of the game is. It's one thing if your shots arent falling, because that happens all the time in the NBA. However, if those shots aren't falling you need to look at yourself in the mirror and decide how you can help the team in other areas. Playing stellar D, hitting the glass, creating opportunities for your teammates, etc etc...Coming back from an 0-3 hole isn't impossible...it's more on the side of improbable, but it can be done. The Nuggets will go into game 4 a deflated team. There is no question. I'm curious to see WHO is going to show up and compete. The NBA is more than collecting paychecks and decking yourself out in some gaudy/flashy Gucci. If you ain't doing it for the love of actually hoopin', then get off the floor. Let's see what happens in game 4....

I agree completely....I'm just saying calling him overrated is dumb. AI's presence plays a part but it is mostly Melo. Like I said and the dude upthere.....they need a coach that will change some attitudes. Yes they are grown men but they need someone to help them care about playing the ENTIRE game.

In all my 18 years of being a Nuggz fan I've never been more disappointed. I've said this from day 1 but Melo needs to make a concerted effort ondefense. The buck stops with him. If he made a concerted effort to playing D and giving consistent effort the team would be so much better. I'm not sayinghe needs to be first team all defense but at least compete and crash the boards. Even when the Nuggz were losing all those games back in the day they neverquit and they always played hard.

AI alone should be able to get this Nuggets team to the NBA finals since everybody and their mama's were praising dude for getting a so called bad Sixersteam to the NBA finals. Now AI has help, he can't even get out of the first round. Or maybe that Sixers team was lucky to be playing in the East...lol

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Broom time!!!!!!
pimp.gif
Melo is overrated. He's definitely a star but you can't build a championship team around him. Him and Iverson are a terrible combinationbecause they each have no discipline. They each take too many bad shots. Melo is a talented player, but if he's going to settle for contested jumpers allseries. All take that all day if I'm the defense.

Zeus23:
Did Charles Barkley really punch that mascot?! lol
Don't be fooled; that mascot (Rocky) and Barkley loved each other. They had fun every time Chuck came to Denver.
laugh.gif

carmelo got some nerve claiming "we" as in "we" quit las night.

i ain't about to mistake those comments for leadership when he was the worst culprit of all

dude's star is falling

Originally Posted by aepps20

In all my 18 years of being a Nuggz fan I've never been more disappointed. I've said this from day 1 but Melo needs to make a concerted effort on defense. The buck stops with him. If he made a concerted effort to playing D and giving consistent effort the team would be so much better. I'm not saying he needs to be first team all defense but at least compete and crash the boards. Even when the Nuggz were losing all those games back in the day they never quit and they always played hard.
ya but looking at the big picture it starts with George Karl. Nuggets pretty much are doing the exact same thing as they did in the regular season with no adjustments from what I've seen. Nowonder you see Iverson tuning him out on the bench
smh.gif
He's been a horrible coach in the playoffs with Denver, especially last year vs S.A.

It's the playoffs, and GK is wrestling with the assistants before the Gm. 1 & the team is watching the NFL Draft at halftime yesterday
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Theoffense still looks like a damn pickup game which will not work in the playoffs and the D is just terrible. They gotta replace GK with Pat Riley or Larry Brownand make a couple of trades. Also make Iverson the full time PG, even if his scoring goes down a little.

And it's not even that GK has been that bad of a coach, especially onthe Bucks & Sonics, but he just ain't suited for this team IMO.

It's disappointing to see what's going on in Denver right now.
smh.gif

nuggets fans i think you blame karl too much... you guys remind me of the bulls fans. look where that got them firing skiles and still a crappy team... youever think its the players fault? melo,martin,iverson, smith have all had reputations of being thugs and having respect for authority issues..... one of themguys prolly spread the cancer in the lockerroom... its was pathetic seeing them dudes not listening to karl on the timeout ie melo and ai

you guys remind me of the bulls fans. look where that got them firing skiles and still a crappy team...

The Bulls players had already tuned out Skiles. He was good coach but there were chemistry issues. You'll see how much better we are this next season withRick Carlisle. He is basically a calmer version of Skiles without all the unnecessary *%++ that Skiles brought with him. When a team does bad, it's not asif it's completely one person's fault, but it might start with one person, and in the Nuggets case it starts with GK.

And I don't think anyone predicted the Bulls do well this season after Skiles was fired
laugh.gif

You can blaime George Karl just as much as you can blaime the players. Would you want to deal with Iverson and Melo? I really don't think these guys give acrap about anything. It's just a bad combination of players and personalities.

Well on the Cavs/Wiz game, they just said reports are that George Karl WILL RETURN as Nuggets HC.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom