OFFICIAL: GAME 7 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS. LAKERS 6.17.10 9PM ET AB7C

pimp.gif

I LOVE LA
!

Champions!
smokin.gif

nothin says youre the 'best player in the world' like a 6-24 FG 4 TO performance in game 7 of the finals
laugh.gif

throw in that he had 1 good game this series and that was in a loss...do people realize how bad he played in game 7, or is kobe at the point in his career when he can miss every 4th Q shot (which he almost did this series) and STILL have people say '5 rings and one shy of jordan' and 'we love the haters'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i just read pages 15-46 right now and caught up on everything i missed. some dudes on here sound really pathetic and desperate right now, that's all i shall say. go post in your favorite baseball teams thread between now and october and stop crying already
seriously man. dudes bringing ANYTHING up... MJ, Refs, MVPs, etc
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the artest post game conference hahaha

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by crobers 78

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
NobleKane wrote:

Originally Posted by Rafabio

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

how many more rings for kobe to be considered in jordans category?....which is the greatest NBA player ever
Nothing less than a 100% winning record in the Finals and at least two 3-peats...a flu-game encore wouldn't hurt either, we can arrange the virus...
grin.gif

laugh.gif
yea right. i bet jordan would trade his 100% record away if he had a chance for more rings...

laugh.gif
@ dudes on here swearing mj is jesus christ. i bet alot of you dudes only saw mj play for the wizards.

mj is the goat for my time because ive actually seen him play his whole career but there is no clear cut GREATEST OF ALL TIME. You all need to quit that. Its all opinion.

Just like old dudes say wilt is the greatest. Bill is the greatest. Kobe is the greatest for young dudes cuz they aint seen Jordan play when he really was great. Its all opinions.

Quit acting like its your job to discredit ones opinion getting all critical with stats. Just stop that 

^ Why in the hell would you assume MJ would trade his efficent effort for more rings? It should be quite obvious that was not his main goal unlike daniel son #8. MJ left at the peak of his career for almost two years. He could have had 8 if not for him leaving. MJ just wanted to put his team on and to beat out a lot of his peers who kept him from winning. He was not a stat and/or record chaser like daniel son. Miss me with that nonsense!

Too easy. "He was not a stat and/or record chaser " yet at teh start of your rant you said this. "Why in the hell would you assume MJ would trade his efficent effort for more rings" if he didnt care about the % then why not? yea...good call there champ.

coulda woulda shoulda. he could have had 8 had he not left. true but why the %+## does that matter so much to you??

"MJ just wanted to put his team on and to beat out a lot of his peers who kept him from winning"

can i offer you a garbage can for all the garbage you type?

by the way you do realize MJ was a bigger arrogant pompous selfish !*@ holes than barry bonds and kobe bryant combined right? so when you call bryant that stuff i find it quite amusing...

^ Naw i do not realize nor agree. Have you met him? From what is shown to me on tv by daniel son it's obvious. What you are assuming of MJ is not obvious. What have you seen MJ do on the court or post game interviews that was immature as #8's snide remarks at 31 towards Shaq? All you can say is he got on his teammates to perform better or light a spark under their *++% but other than that what do you have? BTW, plse don't bring in that misconstrued HOF speech where he practically made ole dude from his varsity team famous.

It's not important to me if MJ won 3 or 10 rings. What he showed me and has accomplished was enough to solidify him as the GOAT in my lifetime just like Michael Jackson has done. I don't get all riled up when a daniel son or copycat comes along because MJ is a 1 of 1, period!

^

this is the Lakers vs Celtics thread

get off Mikes meat and lay flat hanes shirts for this thread
How long have you been paying attention? This thread has broken off into all kind of comparisons and other people so your point is? Are you one of the many folks growing up who could not afford J's or did he thrash your fave team too? lol #@#% n be easy....you already know what it is. 

Originally Posted by crobers 78

^

this is the Lakers vs Celtics thread

get off Mikes meat and lay flat hanes shirts for this thread
How long have you been paying attention? This thread has broken off into all kind of comparisons and other people so your point is? Are you one of the many folks growing up who could not afford J's or did he thrash your fave team too? lol #@#% n be easy....you already know what it is. 

where did the bulls make their way in this thread though?  i've had Jordan since 1991 when the quality was good so kill that talk pumpkin. like i said. get mikes meat out your mouth, and sit your bacon neck cupcake butt down and go to sleep.

Congrats Laker fans, kinda salty that we had quite a good lead in the third quarter and then threw it away.. Taking everything into account though, i'd say the Lakers deserved to be the champs this year..

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

nothin says youre the 'best player in the world' like a 6-24 FG 4 TO performance in game 7 of the finals
laugh.gif

throw in that he had 1 good game this series and that was in a loss...do people realize how bad he played in game 7, or is kobe at the point in his career when he can miss every 4th Q shot (which he almost did this series) and STILL have people say '5 rings and one shy of jordan' and 'we love the haters'
laugh.gif

I decided to go back and check Mike's stat lines for every finals game he played.... AND BY NO MEANS DO I THINK KOBE IS BETTER THAN MJ.. BUT MJ had some awful games in the Finals too..

Game 3 1993 Finals:   19-43  43pts. 9Rbs. 6asts.  3TO  Lost by 6
Game 6 1996 Finals:  5-19 22pts.  9Rbs 7Asts  5TO Won by 13 (To win Finals)
Game 3 1997 Finals:  9-22 26pts  3Rbs 6Asts 1TO (lost by 11)
Game 5 1998 Finals: 9-26 28pts.  4Rbs 4Asts 4TO (lost by 2)

Every single one of those are bad games by MJ... Even 43 points.. Especially if you shot 43 shots and lose by 6

Now to Kobe last night:
Game 7 2010 Finals:  6-24  23pts 15Rebs. 2Asts 4TO

But in the Finals Kobe averaged  28.6-8-3.9 (Game 1 was good, Game 2 was bad, Game 3 was good, Game 4 was good, Game 5 he went off but he was the only one who did, Game 6 he played well, and Game 7 he had a bad game by shot selection but ask someone if they would take 23 & 15 and they would in a heart beat, if LA lost then he'd be the blame, NO QUESTION).BUT. He was the only player on the Lakers who showed up every game.. They needed boards he got them.. He shot awful but it happens to the best of them even in BIG games.. Especially when he shows up in 90% of the big games before them..

He 100% deserved MVP.. Without Kobe they lose in 4.. Not win in 7...

Props to the Lakers, they're defense really sealed this game up in the 4th quarter. Along with all them damn free throws, Lakers simply were too much for Boston to overcome. I hate when teams aren't at full strength in deciding games but that's how the cookie crumbles. Perkins woulda made a big difference out there cuz Kobe should never out rebound every single player on your roster. Props to Sheed, even if he wanted to "talk" to the refs after the game, I don't think it was any ill will at all. He probably really did want to say his final goodbyes. Ray Allen, you disappointed me
smh.gif
, KG you still a $$!@@, Rondo does not deserve to even be mentioned with D-Will or CP3, and Doc Rivers is still a hell of a coach.

I'm happy for Ron he's the realest dude on the team. Misunderstood for most of his career but an overall humble and nice guy. Props to Kobe (the arrogant dude he is
laugh.gif
) gotta respect his will/determination. No other player in the league is as determined to win as him. You can tell he really would like to play against Lebron and Wade/Bosh just to prove the doubters wrong yet again.

Great drama in this series, but overall this playoffs sucked IMO. Lots of horrendous offense and WAYYYYYY too many whistles. Bring on the free agency period and John Wall to DC
pimp.gif

Wizards 2011 playoff birth
pimp.gif
(as you can see my goals are minimal
laugh.gif
)

Haters wanna talk about the 6-24 but fail to realize he'll do whatever it takes to win.

15 boards, guarding 3 different players, still had to control the offense, and still made a big play in the end run.

Get off it and go back to check stats of other greats who have had bad games. Kobe had 3 bad games out of 7 against probably the toughest D since the old days and really almost say in history.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

and did anyone see him riding jordan again with him standing on the announcer table and waving his hands up .

Really?  You're trying to hate because he celebrated "like Jordan"?  Does Jordan have every celebration patented?

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

and did anyone see him riding jordan again with him standing on the announcer table and waving his hands up .

Really?  You're trying to hate because he celebrated "like Jordan"?  Does Jordan have every celebration patented?

funny...I actually knew someone would post something like that on NT when I was watching last night.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

Luke Walton: 2 Rings
Lebron James: 0

sick.gif
laugh.gif

mbenga:2 rings
adam morrisson:2 rings
kobe's wife:5 rings

Lechump: 0.......WHOMP!

first off what a hell of a game! gotta give props to the boston celtics and their fans they were a very very worthy opponent...as much as i hate the celtics i have to give them credit where credit is due

man i was at d&b's and i swear when we got down double digits i went from beer to shots and had my head down like here we go again but then when we started chipping down the lead i had the feeling wow we could do this!

whooooooo!!!!!!! back2back yeah yeah!

Biggest clown is Bill Plaschke. I know a lot of Lakers fans loved the Ron Artest acquisition from the jump, and then questioned it along the way, understandbly so, but Bill made it seem throughout the year that Ron was gonna be the reason why the Lakers wouldn't win a 'ship. When the reality was, Ron was the one who basically won it for them, hitting the dagger 3 after Sheed cut it to 3 with like a minute left.

smh.gif
@ myself for reading ALL 49 pages
eek.gif

First things first, Congratulations to the Boston Celtics and their real fans (ugghh, did i juz say that?!) for a GREAT series and season. Y'all played with a lot of heart. I respect that.

Next, OMG....I still can't wipe the smile off my face...this one was just too satisfying. This was one grueling ride. Aside from the Jazz series (given)...Every other series made me nervous.

And unlike last season where I fully expected us to beat Orlando, I was damn nervous about this series, and this game in particular.

I'm glad the TEAM showed up and carried the load, when 24 was not at his offensive best (don't trip though, he STILL got 23 and 15...still scored 10 in the 4th, still played good D).

Lastly, after reading through, the comments and saltiness some of y'all say are just dumb
laugh.gif
It's like y'all don't even watch Basketball at all...too many damn quotables to bother
roll.gif
{

And please...hop off MJ. Y'all wanna turn everything MJ-related. LOL.

Originally Posted by APLX2

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by NobleKane

THE_REAL_SHAQ

@THE_REAL_SHAQ Congratulations Kobe, u deserve it. U played great. Enjoy it man enjoy it. I know what ur sayin "Shaq how my @#% taste"

roll.gif
 shaq is the man
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Yessir. Shaq is just as classy as he is an %@#*@$*.
laugh.gif
 and THIS is why i NEVER EVER understood the hate on Shaq.  Like KG once said, "if you don't like Shaq, there's something wrong with you."

Congrats to the real Laker fans.  Y'all deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom