OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can the lord of light bring anyone back from the dead, or is there a select few who are granted that privilege? Why didn't Jon ask Melisandre to bring him back?
I think Mel did a good job answering this question last episode when Jon said don't bring him back if he dies.

Theon and Yara got the fastest ships in all of the Seven Kingdoms; they made it to Dany with the quickness.

This. I was thinking the same thing.

Wonder how long Euron going to get 1000 ships done. :lol:
If they didn't stop to mess with prostitutes they would've been in Mereen before the Masters attacked :lol:

I found Ned Stark at the Bastard Bowl

http://9gag.com/gag/azALnPj
I noticed this :lol:

:smh: Cold making a Ned connection.

Last edited:
I found Ned Stark at the Bastard Bowl

http://9gag.com/gag/azALnPj
frown.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Can the lord of light bring anyone back from the dead, or is there a select few who are granted that privilege? Why didn't Jon ask Melisandre to bring him back?
Yes the lord of light can give people power to bring people back but he doesn't bring people back all willy nilly.

Not everyone can be revived. Mel said something about her not bringing Jon back but the Lord of Light did and it must have been for a reason. she could say the words, but according to her it's up to the lord of light. 

I think Mel did a good job answering this question last episode when Jon said don't bring him back if he dies.

Yes the lord of light can give people power to bring people back but he doesn't bring people back all willy nilly.

Doesn't really show any consistency as to who is brought back. We only have examples of two people being brought back.

I remember Thoros saying he didn't even believe in it, but when his friend Beric Dondarrion was killed he just tried it to see what would happen. Doesn't seem like there is a science to it at all. The lord of light isn't giving the priest or priestess any real insight into who is worthy or not. Beric did his on a whim, and Mel only did it because Davos told her to.

Can we take a moment to talk about how stunning Ms. Targaryen has looked this entire season?

At this point I've probably spilled more seed to Emilia Clarke than Michael J Fox at a bird feeder.
Yeah she was looking GOOD! Even my girl said "damn she's hot...I'd let her eat me out" Sooooooo now i'm trying to see how much I'd have to pay to book Emilia Clarke for an hour 

Doesn't really show any consistency as to who is brought back. We only have examples of two people being brought back.

I remember Thoros saying he didn't even believe in it, but when his friend Beric Dondarrion was killed he just tried it to see what would happen. Doesn't seem like there is a science to it at all. The lord of light isn't giving the priest or priestess any real insight into who is worthy or not. Beric did his on a whim, and Mel only did it because Davos told her to.
But its all about "Lord of Light does things for a reason". The theory is LL brought back Beric so that one day Mel would see this happen and know that it's possible. Then Mel could bring back Jon who might be the prince that was promised. 

I assume Vedic will serve so e specific purpose due to the amount of times he was brought back.

So eventually that'll make sense.

Beric being brought back just to show Mel it's possible is pretty weak though. I mean that would mean next time he dies that's it.

Last edited:
Beric's character might accomplish something in the upcoming story, but I think his true purpose is linked to Mel, revival, and the LL.   Mel shows up sees Beric and says this shouldn't be possible. Thoros explains he didn't do anything he just said the words or something and LL brought him back. When Jon was dead Davos asked if it were possible to bring him back and she gives it a try and boom he wakes up. Also it was the LL that told Mel (through flames or something) to go seek out Gendry. She's led to Beric...If she never runs into the brotherhood she wouldn't have known that it's possible to revive anyone. She also tell Jon that LL must of brought him back for a reason. 

At least in terms of the show, the Brotherhood is linked with the greater war against the White Walkers. All followers of R'Hollor are part of that. Now with the Red priests promoting Dany in Essos, it seems that the followers of this religion are all converging towards the showdown against the White Walkers.

I feel like the red priest/priestess just try to find out who's poppin and start promoting them as next up.

Yeah she was looking GOOD! Even my girl said "damn she's hot...I'd let her eat me out"

:lol: and :nthat:

But, yeah, for whatever reasons, she seems to be a girl that other girls are into. I've heard/seen on Twitter multiple (straight) girls comment on how hot Emelia is (as Dany in particular).

Anybody out there who want to be Azor Ahai reborn and be the Prince who was promised, and don't have to worry about their spiritual advisers wearing bum rags, making them do the Walk of Shame, repentin'...then come to R'hllor.

Last edited:
^^^ Interesting. Now having watched BoTB a second time, while it was an awesome episode, I would put it behind Hardhome and the Watchers on the Wall in my listing of ATF GOT episodes.

Back
Top Bottom